ADVERTISEMENT

Yes or No: WSU to Big 12 by Fall 2026?

PeteTheChop

Hall Of Fame
May 25, 2005
Call your shot

giphy.gif

Yes although it wouldn't surprise me if someone else comes calling as well.

Coaches will earn their money this year. Most are punching way above our "level". Hope we can keep it up.

ACC West once Clemson and FSU bolt.

Cal, Stanford, WSU, OSU, SMU, SDSU, UNLV & CSU. St Mary’s and GU as non-Football members. Potential landing spot for ucla,Utah etc down the road.

I am surprised no one is seeing the obvious here. If in fact we do control the $300M+ in assets, we can afford to not only pay Dickert to stick it out, but pump money into the NIL. We can keep bringing in solid recruits while maintaining a quasi-independent status upon departure to the BIG-12 in 2026. If can schedule attractive matchups for those two years, money from media rights can more than makeup for any loss in bowl tie-ins and past media contracts.

Now that is a BIG if on whether or not we do maintain that control.

I am surprised no one is seeing the obvious here. If in fact we do control the $300M+ in assets, we can afford to not only pay Dickert to stick it out, but pump money into the NIL. We can keep bringing in solid recruits while maintaining a quasi-independent status upon departure to the BIG-12 in 2026. If can schedule attractive matchups for those two years, money from media rights can more than makeup for any loss in bowl tie-ins and past media contracts.

You can’t pump school money into NIL. The closest you could get is to tell all donors to stop donating and direct their funds to NIL.

I'll have to say no. it's too late for 2024. So if something happened it would be 2025. Or never.
I think you are correct. Get the money based on being the sole survivors. Rewrite the bylaws August 2,2024 and dissolve the conference after 24-25 academic year and buy your way in.

Long shot but who knows.

I think you are correct. Get the money based on being the sole survivors. Rewrite the bylaws August 2,2024 and dissolve the conference after 24-25 academic year and buy your way in.

Long shot but who knows.
Why would we buy our way in?

BTW, I got no feedback on my fantastic plan to bridge 2024 as we wait for the legal and Big 12 situation to get squared away. And don't hold your breath. Just having to wait until Nov14 when time is of the essence is ridiculous.

Here it is again. purr, laugh, make fun, I don't care. I'm just tired of hearing y'all say that we have to wait for the legal thing to run it's course. Guys, that could take years. We need probably 8 games. That assumes OSU and whatever schools we had lined up for OOC. If we don't, picking up a Big Sky team probably would not be too tough.

"Trying to think inventively, If we are going to stand pat maybe we should be negotiating some sort of "guest" scheduling with the Mtn West for 2024. It would be good for them, and we could toss them a few sheckles to help the effort. You know we are going to get Pac-12 money, just don't know how much. But we need games. I don't know how many Cougs went to the CSU game which even I tried to go to (anyone have a guesstimate?) but the way Cougs travel I doubt it would break any MW hearts to have us around for a year. That we could be negotiating NOW. Big-12 ends up wanting us? Fine, in 2025. And don't forget we have a few other sports that need someone to play. Like our #4 VB team and ranked Soccer team. And oh yeah, Basketball and Baseball. Rowing I'm not too worried about."

Like COUGinNCW said,

You can’t co-mingle funds with NIL. It has to come from Collective.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT