ADVERTISEMENT

You guys know it is in our best interests that UW wins the RB vs OSU...

How_did_this_happen?

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2012
If they beat OSU it will help the conference.

Otherwise, we will continue to fight an uphill battle until USC and/or UCLA start winning important out of conference games vs blue-blood programs.

I can't root for UW though. I just can't.

Hell no. I'm not rooting for UW.

Because
A) It's UW
B) winning the Rose Bowl will help them recruit
C) It's UW
D) Nobody cares about the indirect transitive property on wins really.
E) It's UW

One game is NOT going to change the perception of the conference. The conference has been getting punked for years by good teams from other P5 conferences, and UW has been one of the worst offenders. Look at it this way. A UW win alone (not factoring the rest of the conferences bowl games) might give a 10% bump to our chances of getting into a NY6 or playoff should a similar scenario play out over the next couple years. And there’s probably a 5% chance we are in that same boat (2 losses or less and not Pac 12 champs or trying to make playoff).

So you’re going to root for UW over a .5% chance it somehow helps us in the next couple years? When there is a 100% chance if UW wins you are going to hear all about how great they are from countless douchebag UW fans, that they belong with the elites of college football, they are back, blah blah blah.

F that, Go Buckeyes!

If they beat OSU it will help the conference.

Otherwise, we will continue to fight an uphill battle until USC and/or UCLA start winning important out of conference games vs blue-blood programs.

I can't root for UW though. I just can't.

One win is not going to stop Paul "Bama" Finebaum and the other douche nozzles from crapping on the Pac-12 whenever he can.

Beating Bama 100 times in the row won't stop it either.

One win is not going to stop Paul "Bama" Finebaum and the other douche nozzles from crapping on the Pac-12 whenever he can.

Beating Bama 100 times in the row won't stop it either.

Douche Nozzle- I like that. I’m going to try to work that into a conversation today.

There was a time in the not too distant past, the Pac-12 was the best in the business, across the board. The conference of champions was a fact, not merely a slogan. There was an East Coast bias, but we consistently proved that bias by winning. Unfortunately, our football and men's basketball programs are the weakest of the power 5. We are left "hoping" that we do well in the bowls. We are coming off the worst bowl season ever by major conference. And that is with a very weak bowl slate to begin with. It is so bad, some are inclined to hope the Huskies win, to save face. Even if they do win, let's face it, it would be little more than putting a patch over dry rot.

Who would have thought that the "new" Pac-12 contract would have ushered in a collapse of our revenue sports. I hope at year's end the conference president's get together to figure out what went wrong, how so much money was wasted, and how we can fix it. Dare I say, all the swank facilities has bred a soft culture and we are experiencing a case of "silk sheets syndrome."

If Michael Scott were smart, which he isnt, he would insist all PAC 12 teams play BCS non league games. No more FCS games. There is no upside.

Also, no PAC 12 team plays another P5 program without a home game on their campus. In fact, theyre going to travel first. None of our teams are gonna travel first.

No more night games. It crushes your viewers, it doesnt help your exposure and your STUDENT athletes arent getting home until the next morning. Ridiculous.

If that means that you only play West Coast teams, fine. Youre getting zero credit traveling. Better off staying close to home and taking care of you and yours first.

Reactions: E Jones
One reason I have a slight interest and slight knowledge of the UW team is because it calms Husky fans down and opens a door to talk intelligently about WSU. The purple and gold propaganda machine is strong on the west side. It is unfortunate that many in the I-5 corridor don't consider going anywhere but Montlake. At least consider some other options as well as your favorite choice.

I would argue that a UW loss (hopefully decisive) coupled with a WSU win (hopefully decisive) will result in WSU ending the season above UW in the polls...which would only be right.

I would argue that a UW loss (hopefully decisive) coupled with a WSU win (hopefully decisive) will result in WSU ending the season above UW in the polls...which would only be right.
I like your thinking

No Coug fan will ever genuinely cheer for UW, but if they (and the rest of the conference) get trounced again this bowl season, it certainly doesn't raise the profile of our league. Why does that matter? Because WSU has finally risen to the upper crust of the P12, but unfortunately it's now regarded as the worst P5 conference in the Nation...by a fairly wide margin.

When there is a 100% chance if UW wins you are going to hear all about how great they are from countless douchebag UW fans, that they belong with the elites of college football, they are back, blah blah blah.

F that, Go Buckeyes!

They're going to do that regardless.

But, you're right. UW winning or losing doesn't do much for our perception. Without looking it up, can anyone say what the Pac12's record in the Rose Bowl is over the last decade? I doubt it.

It's 6-2, by the way.

First, I would rather the league suffer a black eye with a Rose Bowl loss than see the Huskies have any success. The sooner we pass those cocksuckers in every facet.....the better.

Second, we don't need the Pac-12 dictating schedules and creating artificial barriers to success. A 13-0 WSU team makes the CFP regardless of our schedule. Beating a Power 5 FBS team during the OOC schedule does not grant admission to the CFP. Ohio State scheduled Oregon State and TCU and they did not get invited into the playoff. Performance in league games trump OOC games.

I will say that any AD worth having should meet with his coach and look 3-4 years down the road and honestly envision what kind of team that they expect. A team that is fighting for a conference title might benefit from a game against a tough opponent to prep them for the more difficult games on the schedule. A team that is a potential national title contender wants a mid-level Power 5 team that they can beat but not one that will upset the run at a CFP berth. A team that is still rebuilding and not in contention for either should be feasting on cupcakes.

KSU would be in a bowl game this year if they had played Southern Mississippi school of the blind instead of Mississippi State. The extra practices and game are considered critical for program growth. Instead, they get to experience what WSU fans got to experience from 2004 to 2012.....home for the holidays!

I really don't need to do any relativistic mental gymnastics on this one.
I hate the Huskies and I hope they lose big. There, that was easy!!

I really don't need to do any relativistic mental gymnastics on this one.
I hate the Huskies and I hope they lose big. There, that was easy!!
“Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.”
― Martin Luther King, Jr.

Happy Holidays Mike.

"In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher."- Dalai Lama

Reactions: cougarmike
The SEC has rigged the game in their favor and the ESPN contract insures they are never punished for scheduling such favorable opponents.
Refusal to play P5 teams on the road? Check. Scheduling four OOC opponents? Check. Keeping cross division match ups to a minimum? Check. Schedules which allow 11-12 teams to become bowl eligible each year? Check.

All of this nonsense means the conference never looks bad, because most of the seasons matchups are between winning teams. This year was an extreme example of how the self fulfilling prophecy of "SEC is good this year" distorts reality, but it comes into play every year.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
Happy Holidays Mike.

“Sh!t, if this gonna be that kind of party I’m gonna stick my d**k in the mashed potatoes.”

—Mantan Moreland

Happy Holidays Mike.

“Huskies are all born ignorant, but it takes a special type to remain stupid”

-Benjamin Franklin

They're going to do that regardless.

But, you're right. UW winning or losing doesn't do much for our perception. Without looking it up, can anyone say what the Pac12's record in the Rose Bowl is over the last decade? I doubt it.

It's 6-2, by the way.
And that right there is the real problem. It never gets mentioned and it doesn't matter. Any success will get explained away in the next cycle.

As bad as the Pac has been lately, I still think it's much better than the ACC. After Clemson, that conference is really bad.

WSU is better 364 days per year, every year, or so I'm told.

In general, yes WSU (and all things Coug) are better than anything mutt. Which is illustrated by the fact that you continue to hang around this site. BTW, you can join the WSU Alumni Association even though you are not an alum. We offer Cougness to all comers. Then you can get a Coug Alaska Air credit card.

In general, yes WSU (and all things Coug) are better than anything mutt. Which is illustrated by the fact that you continue to hang around this site. BTW, you can join the WSU Alumni Association even though you are not an alum. We offer Cougness to all comers. Then you can get a Coug Alaska Air credit card.

HHusky is OK. He's a lot better than other mutt posters such as CougEdiot.

Reactions: Cougatron
"You guys know it is in our best interests" to stop talking about the Fuskies when we have our own business to handle.
Well Leach refuses to put me in games, or allow me to practice with the team, or come anywhere near team functions, so all I got is swapping stupid quotes with a husky who wishes he were a Coug.

Well Leach refuses to put me in games, or allow me to practice with the team, or come anywhere near team functions, so all I got is swapping stupid quotes with a husky who wishes he were a Coug.
I’m doing missionary work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT