ADVERTISEMENT

2017 schedule

So much stupid in this post that it actually hurts.

Don't start with me 96. I don't think I've ever seen a post from you (certainly not in this thread) that is anything more than a flippant, one line put down of whoever you are responding to. You definitely bring nothing of substance.

I post here to engage in conversation on some good topics and to post some silly things in hopes of bringing in some humor to this hate fest. I can assure you that I am not stupid.

Don't start with me 96. I don't think I've ever seen a post from you (certainly not in this thread) that is anything more than a flippant, one line put down of whoever you are responding to. You definitely bring nothing of substance.

I post here to engage in conversation on some good topics and to post some silly things in hopes of bringing in some humor to this hate fest. I can assure you that I am not stupid.

Don't post stupid stuff then.

You think if we are filling Martin on the regular we are going to move a game to Seattle?

That doesn't make any sense.
No, exactly the opposite. Moos said we're done in Seattle, IF we fill Martin.

The obvious flipside of that is, if we don't fill Martin, we'll be returning to Seattle. He never put a timeline on it that I'm aware of.

Three consecutive home games in Pullman, especially against those teams, is not going to inspire attendance. If people come for Nevada and BSU, they're not coming for MSU. But I think the more likely scenario is that we change or pull out of either the Nevada or BSU game.

You think if we are filling Martin on the regular we are going to move a game to Seattle?

That doesn't make any sense.

I'm 48 years old, and I'm still waiting for that to happen. It'll be a good problem to have. For now, how is playing a game in Seahawk Stadium every few years a horrible idea? Why can't we figure out how to market it?

I'm 48 years old, and I'm still waiting for that to happen. It'll be a good problem to have. For now, how is playing a game in Seahawk Stadium every few years a horrible idea? Why can't we figure out how to market it?
Why can't they figure out how to market in a town that's an hour away, that has a branch campus in its downtown area?

Apparent answer: The marketing people aren't very good at, you know...marketing.

Reactions: wulffui
I hear your point, and if we had a fan base that actually filled the stadium even twice a season, I'd give it more weight. The bottom line for me has always been that Pullman has NEVER supported 4 home games a year, let alone 7. I'd rather the University put on a handful of well thought out, party atmosphere "events" as opposed to consecutive home games that lack fans or excitement.

Let's keep in mind that there are bigger programs than WSU that play off campus, or even out of region, games. Here are some of the 2015 neutral site or off campus home games.

Colorado vs. Colorado State (Denver)
Notre Dame vs. Boston College (Fenway Park, Boston)
North Carolina vs. South Carolina (Bank of America Stadium)
Arkansas vs. Texas A&M (AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX) **Conference game**
Oklahoma vs. Texas (Cotton Bowl) **Conference Game**
Florida vs. Georgia (Jacksonville, FL) **Conference Game**
Auburn vs. Louisville (Georgia Dome)
Arizona State vs. Texas A&M (Houston, TX)
Alabama vs. Wisconsin (AT&T Stadium)

Can we also consider that a big reason why some of the Seattle games were duds is because WSU doesn't have the slightest clue how to put on an event? Forget the past experience with the Seattle game. Why can't WSU figure out how to sell 50K tickets and put on a Hell of a tail gaiting event once every few years at Seahawk Stadium?

Labor Day in Seattle vs. Nevada or the following week vs. Boise State in Seattle *should* be relatively easy to market.

I'd rather the university won some damn games! If that means playing 3 home games in a row to EastWestSouth State University's and winning them in front of 50,000 people dressed like empty friggin' seats, just so they can tilt the season in their favor to get to a bowl game... Then friggin' do it!

It's not about filling the stadium. Jesus H. Christ. It's about winning. More home games helps you win more games.

And who f*cking cares who the opponent is? Are you going to watch WSU or are you going to watch the other team?

I'd rather the university won some damn games! If that means playing 3 home games in a row to EastWestSouth State University's and winning them in front of 50,000 people dressed like empty friggin' seats, just so they can tilt the season in their favor to get to a bowl game... Then friggin' do it!

It's not about filling the stadium. Jesus H. Christ. It's about winning. More home games helps you win more games.

And who f*cking cares who the opponent is? Are you going to watch WSU or are you going to watch the other team?

Biggs is correct. The more home games the better.

- First of all it begins with the students. They will always be the loudest of our fan base due to their youth and energy.
We need them to feel like they are the driving force, and you can't do that shipping the games elsewhere where they can't travel.

- The culture at the games has to change. No leaving at half time. Cougs should always finish what they start. By being lazy in the stands it sends a message to the players to give up and be lazy.

- Pullman used to be a place that teams dreaded and feared. The cold the remote location, and it will never be that again unless we stay put and build something special.

Creating a strong home presence should be a priority and I don't care who we play.
Where would the hawks be without C-link?, What about Ohio State without the horseshoe?

Pullman should be a Zoo where teams are scared to play. We're probably the only team in the BCS who ran from our home to try and build ourselves.

It always starts at home, and we screwed around traveling alienating the home base to try and get some money/exposure in Seattle? It didn't work out, and in the end hurt us more than helped us.

The more we play in pullman the better.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
If we cant sell out those 3 games in 17, it is indicative of continued losing. I doubt that will be the case though. There is no reasonable reason for games not to sell out. There are plenty of alums that live within 8 hours of Pullman. Just because it has not happened does not mean it will not. I think if we start seeing consistent bowl teams the attendance will reflect that. Sustained sellouts take more than a 3 year run of winners. Make that happen and it will become a popular ticket.

Just my $0.02.

First, BSU will be played in Pullman for several reasons, one of which being that it will be a nationally, or at least major regional, televised sellout. Bill won't pass on the chance for one of those.

Second, Montana State will be in Pullman because we probably couldn't make a Seattle game pencil out with the attendance that we would get for MSU. Forget about moving that one.

Given what I believe to be those two realities, the next question will be how the league schedule shakes out. So far as I know, the league portion of the schedule has not yet been announced, and I think we are still guessing as to how that is going to look. I don't see Bill putting a league game into Seattle after the last couple of years of comments. But if we end up with 4 home league games (likely), I think there would be a powerful temptation to put Nevada in Seattle on Labor Day weekend and still have 6 games in Pullman. And if we have 5 home league games, I think it is a slam dunk that Nevada will be in Seattle …with 7 games in Pullman.

Assuming the current pattern there are 4 home league games in odd years and 5 in even years.

I hear your point, and if we had a fan base that actually filled the stadium even twice a season, I'd give it more weight. The bottom line for me has always been that Pullman has NEVER supported 4 home games a year, let alone 7. I'd rather the University put on a handful of well thought out, party atmosphere "events" as opposed to consecutive home games that lack fans or excitement.

Let's keep in mind that there are bigger programs than WSU that play off campus, or even out of region, games. Here are some of the 2015 neutral site or off campus home games.

Colorado vs. Colorado State (Denver)
Notre Dame vs. Boston College (Fenway Park, Boston)
North Carolina vs. South Carolina (Bank of America Stadium)
Arkansas vs. Texas A&M (AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX) **Conference game**
Oklahoma vs. Texas (Cotton Bowl) **Conference Game**
Florida vs. Georgia (Jacksonville, FL) **Conference Game**
Auburn vs. Louisville (Georgia Dome)
Arizona State vs. Texas A&M (Houston, TX)
Alabama vs. Wisconsin (AT&T Stadium)

Can we also consider that a big reason why some of the Seattle games were duds is because WSU doesn't have the slightest clue how to put on an event? Forget the past experience with the Seattle game. Why can't WSU figure out how to sell 50K tickets and put on a Hell of a tail gaiting event once every few years at Seahawk Stadium?

Labor Day in Seattle vs. Nevada or the following week vs. Boise State in Seattle *should* be relatively easy to market.
Boise State should be played in Pullman. I implore Moos to make that a real home game. I suppose Nevada in Seattle is okay due to Labor Day weekend...unfortunately.

Correct regarding the current pattern, but it was my understanding that individual schools could negotiate with each other to flip flop their own home/away games. I'm not saying that Bill would choose to do that, especially since we happen to have 3 home non-cons. But if the other school wanted it badly enough to make it really attractive, it is an option. Never say never. And I'd apply that "never say never" logic to Seattle non-cons, as well. Now, for Seattle league games, it is probably fair to say "never" for at least a few more years. But in 5 or 10 years, who knows? Reality has a habit of evolving.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT