ADVERTISEMENT

Chun

WE are not in a position of strength when it comes to hiring right now. Chun's experience dealing with a tight budget will come in handy at UW. There are a limited number of D-1 ADs that would take this job right now, he's one of those, since the Cougs are in limbo for at least the next 2 years. He's leaving a mess, for a place that is slightly less of a mess.

Reactions: VandalBasher
He'll be fine at UW, but this isn't his final stop. He wanted that Ohio State job. He doesn't want the current WSU job with being the budget hatchet man. This this as an opportunity to land on his feet.

The WSU situation is a bit unstable, and I suspect Kirk isn't spending money while his faculty are asking for him to be fired.

Ugh....

He'll be fine at UW, but this isn't his final stop. He wanted that Ohio State job. He doesn't want the current WSU job with being the budget hatchet man. This this as an opportunity to land on his feet.

The WSU situation is a bit unstable, and I suspect Kirk isn't spending money while his faculty are asking for him to be fired.

Ugh....

Even though I think the Kirk Schulz hate is overblown....that dude needs to hit the pavement soon too.

Ugh....
I doubt Chun is ever getting the tOSU job.

Reactions: VandalBasher
Even though I think the Kirk Schulz hate is overblown....that dude needs to hit the pavement soon too.
He can’t not be held responsible for where we are at. Especially when OSU suffered the same fate and seems to be getting along much better. At this point you don’t have much of a choice but to fire Schultz, whether you like Chun or not.

I doubt Chun is ever getting the tOSU job.
It’s the job he wanted. He may not but there’s a sense of UW not having a lot of options and Chun thinking he was already going to be out of WSUs mess. Probably a good fit all around.

He’s a solid DEI hire for the UW - will sport the upper campus narrative.

Wonder if Kyle Smith would still make his move if he had the knowledge of this change.

And, no, this whole once a Coug, always a Coug platitude doesn’t fly here. GTFO
Yup you go to UW you were never a Coug to begin with. Here’s hoping he does the same to UW that Moos did to Nebraska. They are certainly on a similar trajectory that Nebraska was.

Wasn't hard to see this coming ... everyone is looking for a way out, and from UW's perspective, Chun is used to navigating budget issues, has familiarity with a lot of people in the state, and probably was relatively easy to negotiate with due to UW knowing he wanted out.

He’s a solid DEI hire for the UW - will sport the upper campus narrative.

Wonder if Kyle Smith would still make his move if he had the knowledge of this change.

And, no, this whole once a Coug, always a Coug platitude doesn’t fly here. GTFO
Kyle who?

The only reason I see him taking the Stanford job is because of the help he can get for his son with Autism .

I just think sometimes a school needs a break . They needed someone to guide them through a very difficult time . I think hoing tk the Wcc would have allowed wsu with the right coach to build a foundation like Gonzaga did. Gonzaga would never got off the mat if they just jumoed in the Pac 12.

He can’t not be held responsible for where we are at. Especially when OSU suffered the same fate and seems to be getting along much better. At this point you don’t have much of a choice but to fire Schultz, whether you like Chun or not.
How is osu
How are they doing better?

I’m putting my application in for both AD and hoop coach. old school like Fred Bohler

Won’t charge them full boat for either.

Belt tightening these days.

Reactions: LeachPack
I’m putting my application in for both AD and hoop coach. old school like Fred Bohler

Won’t charge them full boat for either.

Belt tightening these days.
At-will or are you asking for a contract?

And make sure to disparage Biggs during the interview, I hear he's the leading candidate.

Chun sucks and now he can suck at udump.
Ditto. I never liked Chun. Always telling everyone how great he and his fundraising were, yet deficits continued or increased (along with his staff roster). Got berated more than once on this board because of it.

Buh-bye Pat!

Buh-bye Pat!

Chun sucks and now he can suck at udump.

FWIW, Chun is the one who didn't want to hire Lane Kiffin at Florida Atlantic but got overruled by the administration and boosters.

Then later on Chun was practically taking credit for FAU’s turnaround under Kiffin

Reactions: 425cougfan
Ditto. I never liked Chun. Always telling everyone how great he and his fundraising were, yet deficits continued or increased (along with his staff roster). Got berated more than once on this board because of it.

You were probably the first one to recognize the situation and identify the problem.

Wasn’t there a situation where Chan threatened somebody in Pullman for taking his picture when he didn’t have his face covered with a mandatory Covid scarf?

On a grading scale A-F, where do you put Chung? I guess I’d rate him a C+, because he hired Smith, but couldn’t keep him, and even that might be generous. Lost Leach, hired Rolo, the whole Covid thing gotpersonal between he and Rolo, he should have been above that. Promoted Dickert, without a real search, looked like a good plan 4 games in last year, looked not real good at the end of the year. Lost a soccer coach hired a new one, jury is still out, lost Greely, not sure if it was the conference colapse, or a personality issue, baseball hire, still a question mark. So other than Smith who is now gone, I am not seeing anything great. Am I missing something.

The Indoor practice facility finally got started, 10 years late, basketball facility still needs some major work, but I am sure that’s been shelved for now. So no major facility improvements.

Fund raising, no huge increase, game day at Cougar football hasn’t changed much, and marketing is still lacking.

Finding a new AD in the middle of this conference mess isn’t the best time to find a new AD, but a fresh look and fresh set of eyes might be beneficial.

The UW thinks they pulled off a great move hiring Chung away from WSU. IMO we just sent them the equivalent of Chad Davis talent. I guess time will tell.

On a grading scale A-F, where do you put Chung? I guess I’d rate him a C+, because he hired Smith, but couldn’t keep him, and even that might be generous. Lost Leach, hired Rolo, the whole Covid thing gotpersonal between he and Rolo, he should have been above that. Promoted Dickert, without a real search, looked like a good plan 4 games in last year, looked not real good at the end of the year. Lost a soccer coach hired a new one, jury is still out, lost Greely, not sure if it was the conference colapse, or a personality issue, baseball hire, still a question mark. So other than Smith who is now gone, I am not seeing anything great. Am I missing something.

The Indoor practice facility finally got started, 10 years late, basketball facility still needs some major work, but I am sure that’s been shelved for now. So no major facility improvements.

Fund raising, no huge increase, game day at Cougar football hasn’t changed much, and marketing is still lacking.

Finding a new AD in the middle of this conference mess isn’t the best time to find a new AD, but a fresh look and fresh set of eyes might be beneficial.

The UW thinks they pulled off a great move hiring Chung away from WSU. IMO we just sent them the equivalent of Chad Davis talent. I guess time will tell.
First off, it's Chun, not Chung.

Was Kamie Etheridge hired before he came? I think so. We did do the Baseball stadium project.

First off, it's Chun, not Chung.

Was Kamie Etheridge hired before he came? I think so. We did do the Baseball stadium project.
Sorry about the spelling error I know better and it bothered me when others spell it wrong, been a long day.

I think the baseball facility got started about a year after he got there. So he probably deserves some credit for that.

You were probably the first one to recognize the situation and identify the problem.

Wasn’t there a situation where Chan threatened somebody in Pullman for taking his picture when he didn’t have his face covered with a mandatory Covid scarf?
Loyals professional background with a major assist here.

I'm sure there will be lots of Pat Chun stories that surface with his departure to UW. About what a joy it was to work with Pat Chun.

Loyals professional background with a major assist here.

I'm sure there will be lots of Pat Chun stories that surface with his departure to UW. About what a joy it was to work with Pat Chun.
He was not well liked in the building and there will be many celebrating his departure. I’m sure he will be a great leader at UW though…

READ ON......

Kind of makes me wonder where is loyalties really were during the recent negotiations on how to split up the money between WSU and osu. Did he really do what was best for WSU? Or was he padding his pockets at uw?

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
He's gone it's time to move on, He was an above average AD nothing more nothing less. There are many people in the AD's office that do a lot of work that Chun takes credit for, which is fine, but this work and effort doesn't disappear when Chun leaves. Kansas didn't want him, and Northwestern did want him, but the UW makes is sound like they pulled of some big coup. In reality they filled their position with an AD that is walking away from uncertainty, and might be walking into more issues, he just doesn't know it yet. And Chun was their best option, there aren't many power 5 AD's that would have taken this job, after all the UW is up against. Keep in mind 2 AD's have left the UW in the past 10 months because of the uncertainty there, the last one never even moved his family out to Seattle, so he must have had concerns from the start. I find it interesting that UW fans talk crap about players, coaches, athletic department at WSU and how worthless it all is, and then they take a WSU employee, and he is the best ever, and now WSU will suffer. I think not!

Chun can be replaced, the department is still there, and if he plans on taking any assistants from the WSU department, they simply need to look at the housing prices in King County, I doubt they'll jump at the chance.

WSU will have some good options to choose from to fill the roll. Yes, the job will be a challenge, due to what lies ahead for WSU, but that can also be appealing to many. An AD navigating through it successfully, will find it rewarding both personally and financially.

He's gone it's time to move on, He was an above average AD nothing more nothing less. There are many people in the AD's office that do a lot of work that Chun takes credit for, which is fine, but this work and effort doesn't disappear when Chun leaves. Kansas didn't want him, and Northwestern did want him, but the UW makes is sound like they pulled of some big coup. In reality they filled their position with an AD that is walking away from uncertainty, and might be walking into more issues, he just doesn't know it yet. And Chun was their best option, there aren't many power 5 AD's that would have taken this job, after all the UW is up against. Keep in mind 2 AD's have left the UW in the past 10 months because of the uncertainty there, the last one never even moved his family out to Seattle, so he must have had concerns from the start. I find it interesting that UW fans talk crap about players, coaches, athletic department at WSU and how worthless it all is, and then they take a WSU employee, and he is the best ever, and now WSU will suffer. I think not!

Chun can be replaced, the department is still there, and if he plans on taking any assistants from the WSU department, they simply need to look at the housing prices in King County, I doubt they'll jump at the chance.

WSU will have some good options to choose from to fill the roll. Yes, the job will be a challenge, due to what lies ahead for WSU, but that can also be appealing to many. An AD navigating through it successfully, will find it rewarding both personally and financially.
Pretty sure I would have hired Desiree (below). But WSU can't afford her.....

READ ON......

First, old news.

Second, this is a couple of immature assholes being immature assholes. I hope neither the police, the courts, or even the media continued to waste their time on it.

Pretty sure I would have hired Desiree (below). But WSU can't afford her.....

yeah... we know why you'd hire her.

Maybe you can ply her with a six-pack of High Life and 3 minutes of ecstasy on the ol' camper mattress?

First, old news.

Second, this is a couple of immature assholes being immature assholes. I hope neither the police, the courts, or even the media continued to waste their time on it.
Well when a sitting City Councilman files a police report against a sitting Athletic Director, that is news. And yes it is old news, but was referred to so I dredged it up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT