ADVERTISEMENT

Football Schedule

Sort of. The P12 network actually usually got the leftovers - the ESPN & Fox networks cherry-picked the games they wanted and set their game times. ESPN might put them on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Pac-12 games were frequently 7:30 kickoffs.
At one point we had a restriction that limited us to only on Thursday game per year. I’m not sure if it continued to present. There wasn’t a restriction on Fridays that I know of, but we didn’t have many Friday games. Some seasons, the majority of our home dates were late kicks.
I wouldn’t be surprised if wsu and osu worked some restrictions into the negotiations regarding weekday games. Wouldn’t be hard to do. And with AI scheduling it would be pretty easy to set a schedule that accommodates the network for weeknight games but limits WSU and OSU to one or two games (or only one home weeknight game max). If that wasn’t thought of ahead of time by the admin then shame on them, but I doubt they’d overlook something like that.

Reactions: VandalBasher
I wouldn’t be surprised if wsu and osu worked some restrictions into the negotiations regarding weekday games. Wouldn’t be hard to do. And with AI scheduling it would be pretty easy to set a schedule that accommodates the network for weeknight games but limits WSU and OSU to one or two games (or only one home weeknight game max). If that wasn’t thought of ahead of time by the admin then shame on them, but I doubt they’d overlook something like that.
Depends who’s pulling the strings. I think the MWC in particular and the G5 in general have been heavily featured in the ESPN Thursday night games. ESPN might see WSU/OSU as strong draws for that slot and apply pressure to include them.
And, if the restriction isn’t broad enough, networks could put one WSU game on Thursday from Pullman…and then also put WSU @ BSU on Thursday, and WSU @ Fresno on Thursday, etc.

We are tentatively planning to go to the game at Fresno. We are going to hit Sequoia and Yosemite National Parks while we are in the area.....if we go.
Have been to both many years ago. Those parks don't get the attention of Yosemite but are pretty amazing in their own ways.

Have been to both many years ago. Those parks don't get the attention of Yosemite but are pretty amazing in their own ways.
Yosemite doesn't get the attention of Yosemite? Better get another cup of coffee there, 425. Next you will be saying that Argentina is a person. Oops, slipped. :)

I hope they make the November 30th game on Thanksgiving weekend vs Wyoming a 7:30PM start. Let's find out who the real diehards are.

Reactions: VandalBasher
Depends who’s pulling the strings. I think the MWC in particular and the G5 in general have been heavily featured in the ESPN Thursday night games. ESPN might see WSU/OSU as strong draws for that slot and apply pressure to include them.
And, if the restriction isn’t broad enough, networks could put one WSU game on Thursday from Pullman…and then also put WSU @ BSU on Thursday, and WSU @ Fresno on Thursday, etc.
A good test just to show the actual media pull/draw of Cougs and Beavs. Could see a benefit in this 2 year window. That's all I have to say about that.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
I hope they make the November 30th game on Thanksgiving weekend vs Wyoming a 7:30PM start. Let's find out who the real diehards are.
Realizing you’re joking, we do need a stronger OOC basketball schedule. Bringing in a quality opponent that weekend would make all kinds of sense.

Realizing you’re joking, we do need a stronger OOC basketball schedule. Bringing in a quality opponent that weekend would make all kinds of sense.
Absolutely. Honestly, any opponent. Just try to ensure there is a game (or games) happening that weekend. Men's and women's hoops and volleyball. Problem is that they're usually committed to Holiday tournaments.

Absolutely. Honestly, any opponent. Just try to ensure there is a game (or games) happening that weekend. Men's and women's hoops and volleyball. Problem is that they're usually committed to Holiday tournaments.
Yes, and the holiday tourneys seem to be the only times they run into some decent OOC opponents, so those tourneys need to stay....for good or ill, they serve a purpose for us.

Expanded Friday night football coverage on Fox this Fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT