ADVERTISEMENT

Leach shows commitment to grades

To be fair, if you'd told me about the Wilson situation, and how quickly it became apparent that the previous coach had spent four years growing a field of pansies, I'd have said he'd be lucky to win three. Guy inherited a poisoned well.
Yeah, cuz Travis Long, Deone Buchanaon, Carl Winston, and Jeff Tuel were pansies.

To be fair, if you'd told me about the Wilson situation, and how quickly it became apparent that the previous coach had spent four years growing a field of pansies, I'd have said he'd be lucky to win three. Guy inherited a poisoned well.
They all enter a poison well. Price inherited a situation worse than Leach. There was a regular old mutiny in 1990.

I'm shocked you chose the minority outlier.

Speaking of which, where did Wulff end up?
I am sorry, weren't they the ones who were let go?
That's four. Outliers again.

100+ scholarships... and he got four right.

You're right, I like Wulff now.
I'm shocked you chose the minority outlier.

Speaking of which, where did Wulff end up?
Oh...I thought we were talking about assistant coaches out of football.
That's four. Outliers again.

100+ scholarships... and he got four right.

You're right, I like Wulff now.

Then you can't count very well.

No...I never said that.

He needs to start running the ball a little more so that we keep the D somewhat off guard. He needs to quit pissing games away(see Colorado, Colorado St.), he needs to field a back 7 that shows up in the TV screen when a receiver gets the ball. He needs to get a kicker.

Coming upon yr 4, I don't see anything resembling what Price had in his back 7 in yr 4.

If we go 3-9 or 4-8, his seat gets warm and needs to win in yr 5.

Do you have any new thoughts, or do you just like recycling the same crap over and over again?

1990 and 95, nice diversion tactics.

I would be curious to hear your answers as well as LTC's.

Not LTC but would like to answer your question about expectations if for no other purpose than to "divert" the thread back to football. 2012: I was drinking the KoolAid like most everyone else. The BYU game was a cold shower. 2013: Did not see that coming either. We caught a few breaks and made it into the after season. 2014: Wrong again. I could see problems on defense and special teams but the magnitude of the ineptitude was a stunner. So those were my expectations, overshot twice and undershot once. I was 0 for 3. However I suspect that most of the board was 0 for 3. Anyone who could have predicted the magnitude of the problems in 2012 and 2014 or the lucky breaks of 2013 has a future in the fortune telling business.

Mike Leach's hiring raised expectations among most, if not all, of us. I believe that most are still optimistic that the trend will be upward over time. But using statistics with a single year's data point is problematic. Too many things can go wrong or right.

Reactions: spongebob11
Not LTC but would like to answer your question about expectations if for no other purpose than to "divert" the thread back to football. 2012: I was drinking the KoolAid like most everyone else. The BYU game was a cold shower. 2013: Did not see that coming either. We caught a few breaks and made it into the after season. 2014: Wrong again. I could see problems on defense and special teams but the magnitude of the ineptitude was a stunner. So those were my expectations, overshot twice and undershot once. I was 0 for 3. However I suspect that most of the board was 0 for 3. Anyone who could have predicted the magnitude of the problems in 2012 and 2014 or the lucky breaks of 2013 has a future in the fortune telling business.

Mike Leach's hiring raised expectations among most, if not all, of us. I believe that most are still optimistic that the trend will be upward over time. But using statistics with a single year's data point is problematic. Too many things can go wrong or right.
I agree with absolutely everything you said.

This was a thread about APR. Not sure how you bringing up 3-9, firing coaches and not hiring a certain DC has to do with me diverting the topic at hand. I don't see how Ed bringing up expectations of if we all saw 3-9 coming is me diverting the topic at hand.

It is you to once again diverting this to Leach is bad and your brother bringing up Wulff without typing his name.
1990...what you have failed to realize it was about APR. It was about getting kids to stay on course with their class work. But you fail to realize why it came off the rails. It was a quote about something that was said 3 years ago. And when a poster writes a smarmy comment that it was "destined" to be that way, it is appropriate to point out the smugness of the remark and nothing to date other than improved APR says were are trending up.

Again, what got the thread off track was a remark someone made three years ago, and has nothing to do with the APR.

You mad, bro?

Keep cheering for the Cougs to fail so you can come here and proclaim yourself intelligent.
I take it you are still in school by calling me a "bro". If you don't like my answers, then don't ask me a question. Pretty f'ing simple.

You mad, bro?

Keep cheering for the Cougs to fail so you can come here and proclaim yourself intelligent.
So let me ask you 96...lets say you didn't support Wulff, and you ended up being "right" about him being the wrong person for the job, does being "right" make you feel better about all the losing that has taken place since 2004?

And it is interesting the remarks that took this off kilter isn't even addressed by you as "the same ole stuff".

So let me ask you 96...lets say you didn't support Wulff, and you ended up being "right" about him being the wrong person for the job, does being "right" make you feel better about all the losing that has taken place since 2004?

And it is interesting the remarks that took this off kilter isn't even addressed by you as "the same ole stuff".

The difference is I never once hoped for Wulff to fail.

I take it you are still in school by calling me a "bro". If you don't like my answers, then don't ask me a question. Pretty f'ing simple.

YouMad.jpg

Reactions: wulffui
1990...what you have failed to realize it was about APR. It was about getting kids to stay on course with their class work. But you fail to realize why it came off the rails. It was a quote about something that was said 3 years ago. And when a poster writes a smarmy comment that it was "destined" to be that way, it is appropriate to point out the smugness of the remark and nothing to date other than improved APR says were are trending up.

Again, what got the thread off track was a remark someone made three years ago, and has nothing to do with the APR.
I'm sorry Ed. I say this with as much respect as possible. What took this thread off kilter is someone quoting your brother in jest and then 2 out of the 3 people that disagree with the majority the most had to throw a fit in the Walmart aisle. It's like you guys are bare foot, dirty, stinky, cussing loud mouthed little kids that, while extremely poor are spoiled beyond get-out. And now Sponge is falling to the floor, crapping his pants and screaming while you try to defend him in the middle of the store.

If I got loaded and said something I normally wouldn't, I'd be embarrassed, I'd certainly be a little more quiet if/when the subject was brought up but NOT defensive and posting more on this thread than any other single person. So someone brought up the quote!? Who cares? You and Sponge have said more times than I can count that what we (us anonymous posters hiding behind fake names) think doesn't matter. So why start a fight over a stupid quote?!

Hint: look up the term "humble".

I'm sorry Ed. I say this with as much respect as possible. What took this thread off kilter is someone quoting your brother in jest and then 2 out of the 3 people that disagree with the majority the most had to throw a fit in the Walmart aisle. It's like you guys are bare foot, dirty, stinky, cussing loud mouthed little kids that, while extremely poor are spoiled beyond get-out. And now Sponge is falling to the floor, crapping his pants and screaming while you try to defend him in the middle of the store.

If I got loaded and said something I normally wouldn't, I'd be embarrassed, I'd certainly be a little more quiet if/when the subject was brought up but NOT defensive and posting more on this thread than any other single person. So someone brought up the quote!? Who cares? You and Sponge have said more times than I can count that what we (us anonymous posters hiding behind fake names) think doesn't matter. So why start a fight over a stupid quote?!

You know what you can do with your stupid Wallmart analogy pencilneck...and I say that with as much respect as possible.

Here's the thing. Nanook is the one who mentioned a quote made by me in a thread I was not even part of...and I am not embarrassed in the least that I said that. And he mentions Ed in just about every one of his posts..so I responded to him, then the circle jerk committee comes out in full force....to which I responded.

If my posts bother you so much, perhaps you would be better served to not read them as opposed to writing a short story about Wallmart shoppers.

And as for your part about us not agreeing with the majority, you know what they say...the masses are asses. And its never been truer than on this board.

Last edited:
You know what you can do with your stupid Wallmart analogy pencilneck...and I say that with as much respect as possible.

Here's the thing. Nanook is the one who mentioned a quote made by me in a thread I was not even part of...and I am not embarrassed in the least that I said that. And he mentions Ed in just about every one of his posts..so I responded to him, then the circle jerk committee comes out in full force....to which I responded.

If my posts bother you so much, perhaps you would be better served to not read them as opposed to writing a short story about Wallmart shoppers.

And as for your part about us not agreeing with the majority, you know what they say...the masses are asses. And its never been truer than on this board.
Whatever. I'm not going to be upset over a stinky kid that's kicking and screaming on the floor of some grocery store aisle. Your a train wreck. Hard not to watch.

Whatever. I'm not going to be upset over a stinky kid that's kicking and screaming on the floor of some grocery store aisle. Your a train wreck. Hard not to watch.
And I won't get upset about the resident male cheerleader of this board.

Last edited:

So, here's Ed logic: I sardonically say that, despite the fact the recent APR trend shows Leach is "doing it the right way" in pulling this sad program from the abyss, Leach isn't "going to get it done" - words of inebriation 30 minutes into a rebuilding project any reasonable and intelligent Cougar fan knew would take more than 30 minutes to accomplish. Seeing his little sis's arse burning once again, Ed cut and pastes a post we've seen many, many times before (repetitive posts also known as spam) suggesting that - somehow - no one saw 2012-2013-2014 happening when, in fact, reasonable and intelligent Cougar fans were stunned that 2013 happened at all.
If Cougars are a family, and this board is a kind of family reunion, let's face it: some relatives that show up are going to be drunk and stupid.

Your twenty posts on the matter say the opposite, though.

Beyond the 29, one would think he'd get at least one "like" from big sis. Wonder if the granddaughters in his photo realize they're with a zero.

EDITED ...but doesn't change the question....I do have to ask LTC...did you really believe Leach would be 3-9 in his first season? And he would be 3-9 in his third season and did you really believe his defense would be statistically worse in points allowed than 2009, one of the worse seasons on recrod?
did I believe it? no but it didn't surprise me, this is total rebuild as I have stated before, starting from scratch. the fact that you continue to preach that Leach should have won more games just proves that you still are all in that your man had the magic eye for recruiting when it is obvious he couldn't recruit at all

Reactions: YakiCoug
Beyond the 29, one would think he'd get at least one "like" from big sis. Wonder if the granddaughters in his photo realize they're with a zero.
Granddaughters...too funny. I must have been 12 when my "grandaughters" were born.

You don't have the stones to post a picture because you know you'll get laughed at.

Last edited:
Your twenty posts on the matter say the opposite, though.
Simply responding to peoples attacks on me. Yet when I fire back, everyone cries Wolf.

You are a follower, Wulffui. You jump in on conversations that don't even involve you...like this one. Try being an independent thinker instead of following the herd.

did I believe it? no but it didn't surprise me, this is total rebuild as I have stated before, starting from scratch. the fact that you continue to preach that Leach should have won more games just proves that you still are all in that your man had the magic eye for recruiting when it is obvious he couldn't recruit at all
Why do the players he did recruit keep getting drafted? But that is beside the point. So what you are saying complete rebuilds take time? How many years? I agree. remember the ole five year plan that you and others poo pooed and said have some expectations? By the way, could you imagine starting a complete rebuild with zero experience at QB?

What I said is no different than Kayak, except I was 1 out of 3 thinking what would have happened. Again, we could go position by position and instead of looking at what Wulff inherited but what Price inherited. I think it would be argued that Price inherited less than Leach. Granted, a different time, but he got to nine wins in year four.

Jeez, my wants are simply a winning season.

Simply responding to peoples attacks on me. Yet when I fire back, everyone cries Wolf.

You are a follower, Wulffui. You jump in on conversations that don't even involve you...like this one. Try being an independent thinker instead of following the herd.
It's amusing that you equate whatever it is you do, where you're sacking the coach thirty minutes into his tenure with "independent thought", whereas as my recognition of the worst coach in school history is "being a follower". Smart is stupid, day is night, up is down.

Believe me, noticing your irrational desire for this coach to fail so you can be right about something, and calling Wulff awful (officially: 35-0, Hawaii) when he was awful by all measures as a coach is all me. Didn't even need help.

It's amusing that you equate whatever it is you do, where you're sacking the coach thirty minutes into his tenure with "independent thought", whereas as my recognition of the worst coach in school history is "being a follower". Smart is stupid, day is night, up is down.

Believe me, noticing your irrational desire for this coach to fail so you can be right about something, and calling Wulff awful (officially: 35-0, Hawaii) when he was awful by all measures as a coach is all me. Didn't even need help.
I was referring to you jumping in on my discussion with 95, not anything Wulff or Leach.

You are also off about me wanting Leach to fail. You are following the herd on that line of thinking once again.

Thinking he won't get it done doesn't mean I hope he won't just to prove a point to a few msg board posters who I'll never meet..and have zero desire to.

I'd rather hang out with my "granddaughters"

With all due respect, it is a message board. Who is "throwing a fit". If responding to LTC's remark, a smarmy one at that, with a direct question to his assertion in a tongue and cheek way that we have made progress, that we have turned the corner is throwing a fit in the Walmart Aisle, I guess I am guilty. I would think of it more as the sales person at Nordstrom just made a claim about the new casual shirt I was looking at and I asked that sales person a question to determine the validity of the claim.

Sponge doesn't need defended. He is a bog boy. He can make his own bed.

With all due respect, it is a message board. Who is "throwing a fit". If responding to LTC's remark, a smarmy one at that, with a direct question to his assertion in a tongue and cheek way that we have made progress, that we have turned the corner is throwing a fit in the Walmart Aisle, I guess I am guilty. I would think of it more as the sales person at Nordstrom just made a claim about the new casual shirt I was looking at and I asked that sales person a question to determine the validity of the claim.

Sponge doesn't need defended. He is a bog boy. He can make his own bed.
Ed, you aren't throwing the fit, Sponge is.

Regarding the expectations. I do want to make an edit. I had "higher than this" expectations when CML was hired. But as I've stated a hundred times to coincide with the times you've asked this, the BYU game opened my eyes on the state of our program. To a certain extent, I'd bought into the previous regimes koolaid and hadn't realized the depth of the hole we were in. That first game with the Bassett Hounds and zombies brought me back to the reality and state our program is/was in.

Why do the players he did recruit keep getting drafted? But that is beside the point. So what you are saying complete rebuilds take time? How many years? I agree. remember the ole five year plan that you and others poo pooed and said have some expectations? By the way, could you imagine starting a complete rebuild with zero experience at QB?

What I said is no different than Kayak, except I was 1 out of 3 thinking what would have happened. Again, we could go position by position and instead of looking at what Wulff inherited but what Price inherited. I think it would be argued that Price inherited less than Leach. Granted, a different time, but he got to nine wins in year four.

Jeez, my wants are simply a winning season.
And it would be wrong, both as talent and mentality of the program. But hey, make up what you want and tell it to yourself a billion times. Neither of us are changing minds. There is everyone that believes what I believe. Then there is you and one or two others that believe what you believe.

Frankly, I am kicking myself for feeding a troll right now.

And it would be wrong, both as talent and mentality of the program. But hey, make up what you want and tell it to yourself a billion times. Neither of us are changing minds. There is everyone that believes what I believe. Then there is you and one or two others that believe what you believe.

Frankly, I am kicking myself for feeding a troll right now.
Everyone also used to believe the earth was flat. Just because "everyone" believes something does not make it so. Again, you know what they say..the masses are asses. Follower mentality.

Everyone also used to believe the earth was flat. Just because "everyone" believes something does not make it so. Again, you know what they say..the masses are asses. Follower mentality.
Oh yay! A martyr! Not a troll, a martyr. Just what we need...:eek:

The "masses" remembering stupid things you say doesn't make them "followers"- believe me, people would be thrilled if you'd just start saying not stupid things. Or I would. Maybe the masses don't care.

Oh yay! A martyr! Not a troll, a martyr. Just what we need...:eek:
Remember, recognizing how stupid it is to call for a coaches head halfway through his first game is equivalent to being part of the Flat Earth Society. That's a failing of the masses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT