ADVERTISEMENT

Rounding out the Class

The DE out of Calabasas (harris maybe??) And Lopez would be top 5 wishlist. Lopez is Nevada's all time sack leader. Plays against biggest schools in Vegas too. Calabasas DE plays in a great league and had over 20+ sacks this season. Both tall DEs who have the frame to get up to 260.
I think coaches should get bonuses for doing what your doing here. Maybe based on how the recruit pans out over the course of 2-3 years. A player they identify accepts a scholarship ...goes from 6-6 250 to 6-6 275 after 2 years is starting and doing really well....BHAM! $10,000 bonus.

In my simple world, our Dlinemen are occupying the Olinemen so that our LBs aren't having to take on a 300 pound guy 3-4 yards past the line. Wishful thinking maybe, but a guy can dream.

I understand your point; but if we are up against a team that uses a TE, there is no way that 4 DL will occupy 6 OL unless we have at least one guy who demands a double team. When running between the tackles I'm accustomed to an OL (usually a guard) going after the MLB, even if it is necessary to use the guy from the wrong side of center and plan to push the MLB both deeper and past the hole. That actually wasn't that hard, since he was probably starting to move that direction anyway when the OL hit him...just had to make sure you got there in time to avoid it being a clear block in the back. Your MLB is really being set up to look great if he doesn't have an OL trying to block him on an interior running play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT