ADVERTISEMENT

Stupid NCAA "Emergency" rule passed

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
I posted about his when it was pending and got little interest - posters are too busy feeding mutt trolls I guess.

Anyway the rule is now official per (reputable sports) link below. Still don't get it. On the first part, is this a change? Weren't they already eligible (to practice, etc.) immediately? And what does "play immediately" mean when followed by "can't play for a second school in the same year"?

A new NCAA transfer rule will allow all undergraduate athletes to transfer and play immediately if they meet specific academic requirements, as the Division I Council on Wednesday approved emergency legislation announced by the NCAA.

The rule will provide immediately eligibility to any athletes who have transferred during the 2023-24 academic year, including the football players who entered the transfer portal Tuesday and during this window

The legislation will not limit the number of times an athlete can transfer -- and there are still two transfer windows -- but they can't transfer midyear and play for a second school in the same season.

When does the four years of eligibility get thrown out the window?

Why not just make it a lifetime of learning and collecting NIL checks?

Drew Timme would still be in Northern Quest ads.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT