ADVERTISEMENT

0 fer Boulder...

79COUG

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2008
CML, going back to his TT days, has yet to win a game there.
Is today the day? I believe it is.
Go Cougs!

I don't go to very many CU games, but I did attend one of the CU vs TT games when CML was coach. Back then CU was still in the midst of their decades-long streak in the Top 20, and TT wasn't really much of a rival. The game was kind of an emotionless affair that CU won easily. My only memory of TT was thinking how wide the spreads were on the O-line...

Despite the legend, Leach's teams didn't exactly tear up the Big 12. Other than 2008 when they won 11 games and went to the Cotton Bowl, most of his teams were around .500 in a pretty soft league. The success he has had in Pullman, especially this year, in my opinion exceeds what he achieved at Texas Tech. During the game today, the crowd was just waiting for the roof to cave in. Everyone was hoping that Shenault's return could turn the season around, but with those two drops followed by the fumble, Folsom emptied like I have never seen. It will take years for that fanbase to recover from the OSU comeback defeat.

I don't go to very many CU games, but I did attend one of the CU vs TT games when CML was coach. Back then CU was still in the midst of their decades-long streak in the Top 20, and TT wasn't really much of a rival. The game was kind of an emotionless affair that CU won easily. My only memory of TT was thinking how wide the spreads were on the O-line...

Despite the legend, Leach's teams didn't exactly tear up the Big 12. Other than 2008 when they won 11 games and went to the Cotton Bowl, most of his teams were around .500 in a pretty soft league. The success he has had in Pullman, especially this year, in my opinion exceeds what he achieved at Texas Tech. During the game today, the crowd was just waiting for the roof to cave in. Everyone was hoping that Shenault's return could turn the season around, but with those two drops followed by the fumble, Folsom emptied like I have never seen. It will take years for that fanbase to recover from the OSU comeback defeat.

"Despite the legend, Leach's teams didn't exactly tear up the Big 12. Other than 2008 when they won 11 games and went to the Cotton Bowl, most of his teams were around .500 in a pretty soft league."

What are you even talking about ? Leach's Tech teams were 42-18 in the B12 against all teams not named OU and UT. You may have seen a clunker game in Boulder but that was not the norm.

"Despite the legend, Leach's teams didn't exactly tear up the Big 12. Other than 2008 when they won 11 games and went to the Cotton Bowl, most of his teams were around .500 in a pretty soft league."

What are you even talking about ? Leach's Tech teams were 42-18 in the B12 against all teams not named OU and UT. You may have seen a clunker game in Boulder but that was not the norm.

Yeah I have to agree I think he averaged what 9 wins or something. That’s pretty impressive given you have to fight off Texas, OU, Nebraska, and Texas A&M.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT