ADVERTISEMENT

16 Pac recruits from the state of Washington

Controversial Stance Alert

Would suggest that Joyner's recruitment was not unaffected by the shooting.

Originally posted by StormyCOUG42:
This reciting class is looking very good so far, but not being able to recruit the state speaks volumes about the perception of WSU athletics within Washington's HS. The new facilities are nice, and winning will probably nab a few down the line, but fact of the matter is that WSU is not seen as a #1 destination choice for in state kids. Most grow up in UW territory, others want to play in sunny California... the elite few go to schools like ND with tradition. Sure, we don't NEED these kids to be successful, but it's sad that even with a good coach and quality facilities, we are still a fall back option for most of these kids. So how do we make WSU a school young prospects dream of playing for? Or can we? And do we care?
I, for one, don't really care where the kid is from. Sure, it'd be a feel-good story if WSU could land a bunch of local recruits and start winning games/titles. But that's not going to happen - because Washington doesn't produce enough BCS-level players to even fill a depth chart from year to year. Pure demographics say that most of the ones that do live here are going to be more exposed to UW and UO than they are to WSU, so it's a battle we're going to be behind in from the start. We should be deep in the mix on the kids coming from Spokane, and probably from Tri-Cities, but that's typically only going to be 2-4 kids a year. In the end, look at the talent level - even if WSU was the school that in-state kids dream of playing for, how many of those kids are actually good enough to play Pac-12 ball? Not very many.

Outside of those few kids, I don't fault the coaches for concentrating their efforts out of state. There are greater numbers of kids playing at higher levels outside of Washington, so it makes complete sense to look harder at them - in other words, focus your recruiting where the recruits really are.

Our baseball team signs plenty of in-state kids, to answer your completely ridiculous notion that Legislators are asking questions about a lack of in-state football scholarship kids in this recruiting cycle regarding the potential med school....as does many of our other athletic programs.

Also, WSU pushes for in-state kids overwhelmingly as a whole, as opposed to our cross-state rival in Seattle that pushes for more for out-of-state kids and the higher tuition bills.

Maybe the people you are talking to at parties have had too much to drink.....

GO COUGS!

It would be great to get kids from the State of Washington, however I'm perfectly happy getting the kids from wherever, as long as they're talented, want to win and want to be Cougs! For me, nothing more is required.

I'll add that I trust Mike Leach's staff to evaluate, know and get the kinds of talent they need. I'm seeing in this recruiting cycle again.

So far, well done coaches!!

Chinook has to have stared this thread as a joke. Nobody is that dumb

Chinook is the dumbest person I have ever seen.

"hemorrhaging cash." athletic department.

Alright chinook. Your lies end here.

Here's where you can look up athletic budget spending. as reported to the FEDERAL government. This isn't some bs site. This is the fed. Every school including private ones have to report.

Grand Total Revenue All teams - 60 Million
Grand Total Expenses All teams - 60 million

Football expenses 15.7
Football revenue 26.9[/B]

Chinookpirate is no coug. Because a real coug would be smart enough to actually look up the real info from a site, and not spread (FUD) fear uncertainty and doubt on a message board.

Recruting in-state is very important

having players from around the state increases the interest in Cougar football within that community. Lots of people follow players from their high school while in college. It helps sell tickets to friends and family. More importantly, kids that come out of Washington to play D1 were likely the best player on their team, often they were a captain, and the underclassmen look up to them. They might be more likely to visit WSU if a player they respected from their high school is there. That is how these legendary recruiting pipelines get established. And the same goes for the high school coaches. Plus, it is much less expensive to scout and recruit in-state players then to fly 3 time-zones on some goose chase for a player that has WSU as his fifth option, and has no connection to the school. In my opinion, getting the top recruits from your state is a sign of a healthy, stable program.

Originally posted by chinookpirate:

ZERO end up at Washington State.
I guess that is a good thing for your Washington Huskies then, huh? Seriously, why are you such a troll? If it isn't 12-10-12, it's now that we aren't taking enough kids from Washington. Get a life dude.

Originally posted by chinookpirate:

what the f***?

WSU is a state school. The athletic department budget is taxpayer subsidized in excess of $10 million a year. It would be nice to see a few of the D1 kids this state produced play within the state.

This post was edited on 12/22 11:40 AM by chinookpirate
This isn't a damn charity.

If you should be pissed about anything, it should be the fact that UW actively excludes in state students in favor of out of state and international students.

But beyond that, you cannot force kids to come to WSU if they don't want to. We have offered in state kids, but because our program's reputation is constantly in the toilet, they choose to go elsewhere. Not much you can do if they prefer to play elsewhere.
This post was edited on 12/22 5:25 PM by wazzucougs96

"Makeup of 2015 football recruiting class obstacle to WSU Med School" has gotten inside position on "West Virginia- longtime Big 12 Power" for most Chinook post of the year.

This post was edited on 12/22 5:43 PM by wulffui

Originally posted by StormyCOUG42:
This reciting class is looking very good so far, but not being able to recruit the state speaks volumes about the perception of WSU athletics within Washington's HS. The new facilities are nice, and winning will probably nab a few down the line, but fact of the matter is that WSU is not seen as a #1 destination choice for in state kids. Most grow up in UW territory, others want to play in sunny California... the elite few go to schools like ND with tradition. Sure, we don't NEED these kids to be successful, but it's sad that even with a good coach and quality facilities, we are still a fall back option for most of these kids. So how do we make WSU a school young prospects dream of playing for? Or can we? And do we care?
If you want the instate kids to come, or even more highly rated prospects to come, you need to rip off 5 winning seasons in a row and show them that you've changed for the better. 10 bowl games in 100 years isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of winning. Now, the $60M football ops building is proof that you are now willing to put up the money. Just have to go out and get some bowls.

I'll take 3* kids from Cali over 5* kids from Washington every day and twice on Sundays. Two words...Kasen Williams. He'd have been a 3* if he played ball against real competition in Cali, but was considered the best player in the country playing against inferior WA talent. There might be a handful of talented kids in the state that can be PAC 12 ballers, but you've got to fish where the fish are...Cali and Texas. Got no issues with that.

hey dumbass, take an accounting class.

you can manipulate line items all you want, but, at the end of the day, according to public comments by Athletic Director Bill Moos, the ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT is running record RED ink.

Jim Walden's football team made money as did all others since.
Originally posted by Cougatron:
Chinook is the dumbest person I have ever seen.

"hemorrhaging cash." athletic department.

Alright chinook. Your lies end here.

Here's where you can look up athletic budget spending. as reported to the FEDERAL government. This isn't some bs site. This is the fed. Every school including private ones have to report.

Grand Total Revenue All teams - 60 Million
Grand Total Expenses All teams - 60 million

Football expenses 15.7
Football revenue 26.9[/B]

Chinookpirate is no coug. Because a real coug would be smart enough to actually look up the real info from a site, and not spread (FUD) fear uncertainty and doubt on a message board.

95...What makes you believe Chinook is a UW supporter?

Is there something you know about him that I do not?

Re: 95...What makes you believe Chinook is a UW supporter?

Originally posted by CougEd:

Is there something you know about him that I do not?
700 posts on dawgman is a decent indicator.

Oh...does that mean Auburn Dawg who has quite the following

on Brand X is a closet Coug? By knowing this, means you must go to Dawgman from time to time. Would I see your posts there?
This post was edited on 12/23 11:55 AM by CougEd

Re: Oh...does that mean Auburn Dawg who has quite the following

Originally posted by CougEd:
on Brand X is a closet Coug? By knowing this, means you must go to Dawgman from time to time. Would I see your posts there?
This post was edited on 12/23 11:55 AM by CougEd
In order to obtain my previous talking points....you've had to look back in my previous posts and that's how we know someone posts on THAT board. It's no different than what you've done. By clicking onto his handle...you might discover herewegocougars was a....whatever they call the dawgman newbies..... as someone who must of signed onto the dawgman board in order to receive that status. Several hundred posts. Unlike LA Coug who posts there frequently and was actually on campus in 2001-?....when I first started posting on the scout board.

And that he posts on the board means what? I would suspect someones

body of work, IE donations, season ticket holders probably defines him/her a bity more, don't you think?

You must be using that fuzzy math.

700 posts is not > 4,600 plus posts

I also find it funny that because one declares another a husky all of the followers on this board who can't think for themselves declare him a husky as well...even though he has 4600 posts on the board.

I also find it odd that someone would think that a poster who calls himself herewegocougars is a husky.

You can't make this stuff up!

Originally posted by spongebob11:
I also find it funny that because one declares another a husky all of the followers on this board who can't think for themselves declare him a husky as well...even though he has 4600 posts on the board.

I also find it odd that someone would think that a poster who calls himself herewegocougars is a husky.

If you're looking to cause problems for a fan base in recruiting or otherwise, posing as a member of that fan base on one of its message boards, and then "expressing concern" over various real and imagined issues, interspersed with periodic "go [mascot name]" stuff, can be effective.

It would be much more effective than coming on as an explicit pro-UW troll, inflaming the masses, and getting mocked/dismissed/banned (a la AuburnDawg on Brand X).

If I was going to screw with UW, that's exactly what I would do. Thankfully for them and me, I don't have the time for it. It appears Chinook has a lot of time.

Originally posted by 425cougfan:

If you're looking to cause problems for a fan base in recruiting or otherwise, posing as a member of that fan base on one of its message boards, and then "expressing concern" over various real and imagined issues, interspersed with periodic "go [mascot name]" stuff, can be effective.

It would be much more effective than coming on as an explicit pro-UW troll, inflaming the masses, and getting mocked/dismissed/banned (a la AuburnDawg on Brand X).

If I was going to screw with UW, that's exactly what I would do. Thankfully for them and me, I don't have the time for it. It appears Chinook has a lot of time.
This has been happening for years.

You must be using that fuzzy math.

700 posts is not > 4,600 plus posts
Thanks for the math lesson. Of course you're aware that those 700 posts on dawgman happened before nookie began to post here.

And how many were of the trolling variety, such as the original post in this thread?

A. How do you know he has 700 posts over there unless you frequent the board as well?

B. How do you know it was the same poster that posts over here?

Seems a bit odd you would think one a husky who posts almost 7 times as much over here

He doesn't help himself. I've yet to see him even try to quell the statements. Note: This thread has how many people commenting on his Purple and Pee support. He has yet to refute it. It's completely possible that he has, but I've never seen him refute that he's a EWE fan. And this has been going on for what? 3 or 4 years? He comments on other topics within the thread, he cusses people out, he calls people names but he has NEVER said that the view that he has Purple and Pee support is ill-placed.

And I came along about the time HWGC was banned but as I recall there were some copied text of some of his statements on Dawgman and they were VERY Doogy like. It's been so long though… regardless…

If I was a Coug and someone had the audacity to call me something as dirty, rotten and putrid as a Doogy, I'd be doing and saying just about anything to prove otherwise. What does Fishie do? He calls me and others names...

Dude..you have called him plenty of names and attacked him plenty so stop with the victim bs.

Its possible he doesn't feel the need to defend himself to nameless faceless people on a msg board.

Anything is possible...but I find it hard to believe that someone would post more on their rivals boars than their own.

And again, just because someone says one is a husky does not make it so.

And further, my followers comment are in refence to people luke you and others(Whitworth etc) who weren't even here when hwcg was posting and then just starts calling Chinook a Husky because its a popular thing to do.

I barely even remember hwgc as he wasn't even here that long.
This post was edited on 12/23 2:48 PM by spongebob11

This post was edited on 12/23 2:53 PM by spongebob11

A. How do you know he has 700 posts over there unless you frequent the board as well?

B. How do you know it was the same poster that posts over here?

Seems a bit odd you would think one a husky who posts almost 7 times as much over here
You can visit dawgman one time and see how many posts a person makes there. Not real hard to figure out.

Same username. What are the odds someone else would pick the same username?

As stated above, nookie likes to troll. That's what he/she does. Maybe this is his/her favorite trolling ground.

Dude..you have called him plenty of names and attacked him plenty so stop with the victim bs.

Its possible he doesn't feel the need to defend himself to nameless faceless people on a msg board.

Anything is possible...but I find it hard to believe that someone would post more on their rivals boars than their own.

And further, my fillwers comment are in refence to people luke you and others(Whitworth etc) who weren't even here when hwcg was posting and then just starts calling Chinook a Husky because its a popular thing to do.

The ONLY name I've ever called him is a Doogy, or whatever variance to that. I'm not playing the victim card, I'm pointing out, he doesn't do anything about his Purple & Pee issue other than respond childishly. This thread shows that. Show me ANY post I've called anyone names, let alone him. And again, I don't attack him. That would be like calling him names. I do question his comments, I do question his "authority" on whatever given topic, I disagree with him vehemently on many things. I make no qualms of that.

HWGC, as I recall might not have been here long, but had THOUSANDS of posts… so while your memory is fuzzy, have you thought your fuzzy memory isn't helping you, right now? EDIT: And I WAS around, like I said, when HWGC was posting. It was about the time he was banned. But as you state, your memory is so fuzzy you don't even REMEMBER HWGC… so you basically can't say anything with any authority on this subject… by your own statement.

Regarding if he wants to justify his stance on school alliance, well then isn't that on him? I mean, if how we perceive him isn't important to him, why in the world are you trying to defend him on that point?! Why is it so important to you!? You make no sense.

This post was edited on 12/23 3:28 PM by Coug95man2

I'm merely pointing out the fact that many(not all) people on here are followers.

In this case, following other people in ganging up on a particular poster. Could be anyone besides Chinook.

Its much like the new kid at school...and he see's everyone picking on the new kid...so he starts picking on the new kid because he's a follower rather than getting to know the kid.

You did that as you mentioned you just got here when hwgc was banned.

Its happened a lot here...especially with the newer posters(again, Whitworth comes to mind)

In Chinooks case, I find it funny that every time he posts, people blow a gasket..including yourself.

I think to overstate that I "blow a gasket" is a bit over-reactive, Sponge. If his statements make sense, you don't see me saying/writing anything. Like I said to him… he's on my "ignore" list and when I have enough time to hold my breathe, I'll read some of his stuff. But when he makes incredibly weird, non-sensical statements like THIS very thread, you bet I'll jump on it. You do realize he tried to tie our lack of recruiting in-state with legislative funding AND the medical school… based on what he's heard at Christmas Parties with no-name legislators… what?! And you are defending this...

So yes, if it puts our school and program in a negative light, for whomever out there to read, I'll stick up for my school… Especially when it's rumor or innuendo or just plan untrue. Like others have pointed out, he'll say some decent stuff, then make some of the most outrageous statements. It's the negative, it the outrageous that I'm going to counter. And yes, I'll do so without any question on where I stand.

You find it "funny" that people blow a gasket, yet you continue to defend him without any memory of him. That's just plain weird. Why would it matter if you don't even remember him?

You seem to be contrarian, just because you want to be opposite of your arch-rivals, Yaki, Gibbons, Biggs, etc. etc. Don't let your dislike for some posters here, blind you with Fishie. Don't defend one poster just because you dislike others.

I said I barely remember hwgc...not chinookpirate.

And he was a lot less polarizing, at least from the posts I read than say snoop Dogg and hisbparter wsux3

Your logic of me defending Chinook because I want to be contrarian to yaki and dgibbons makes zero sense.

I've defended Chinook plenty before this thread and have called out followers plenty.

I said I barely remember hwgc...not chinookpirate.

And he was a lot less polarizing, at least from the posts I read than say snoop Dogg and hisbparter wsux3

Your logic of me defending Chinook because I want to be contrarian to yaki and dgibbons makes zero sense.

I've defended Chinook plenty before this thread and have called out followers plenty.
Sponge, I called it 5 years ago and others had similar opinions around the same time.The same goes for brandx. If you've noticed...there's an LACoug who argues with uw posters on their board and guess who didn't like much? HWGC was just as polarizing and would cuss you out at the drop of a hat. Dgibb and myself were his favorites. He had several hundred posts on dawgman before he was known as HereWeGoCougars. Put two and two together and you have someone who used to have a uw handle on bx and then changed it to a Coug handle. The dude's been doing this for 5 years and I suggest you stop defending him so that he can get a life.

I guess i'm not seeing the connect between hwgc and Chinook.

Also, I have seen anything too polarizing from Chinook. Its not like he's auburn dawg talking down to the cougs all the time

Are you kidding?! He insinuated that Legislators at a Christmas party are talking to him and aren't happy with our football program because we didn't take any in-state kids (so far) in the recruiting class… which he then tried to tie into funding and the future Medical School… And he isn't talking down to Cougs?!

How about a couple weeks ago when he kept saying something to the affect that 10-12-10 (EDIT: or whatever it was) isn't going to cut it… and he said it in multiple threads, not just one... and now that our program is doing so well with this class, he starts cutting into our program for not having enough in-state players… You've got Fishie tinted glasses if you can't see the "slights" he puts out there towards our school and program.

This post was edited on 12/23 5:00 PM by Coug95man2

Originally posted by 425cougfan:

If I wanted to screw a rival I'd donate money there for 5 years. Then in year 6 I'd show up at recruits home and give them money, gifts, etc. Then turn the info over to the NCAA.

Originally posted by Coug95man2:

And further, my fillwers comment are in refence to people luke you and others(Whitworth etc) who weren't even here when hwcg was posting and then just starts calling Chinook a Husky because its a popular thing to do.

The ONLY name I've ever called him is a Doogy, or whatever variance to that. I'm not playing the victim card, I'm pointing out, he doesn't do anything about his Purple & Pee issue other than respond childishly. This thread shows that. Show me ANY post I've called anyone names, let alone him. And again, I don't attack him. That would be like calling him names. I do question his comments, I do question his "authority" on whatever given topic, I disagree with him vehemently on many things. I make no qualms of that.

HWGC, as I recall might not have been here long, but had THOUSANDS of posts… so while your memory is fuzzy, have you thought your fuzzy memory isn't helping you, right now? EDIT: And I WAS around, like I said, when HWGC was posting. It was about the time he was banned. But as you state, your memory is so fuzzy you don't even REMEMBER HWGC… so you basically can't say anything with any authority on this subject… by your own statement.

Regarding if he wants to justify his stance on school alliance, well then isn't that on him? I mean, if how we perceive him isn't important to him, why in the world are you trying to defend him on that point?! Why is it so important to you!? You make no sense.

This post was edited on 12/23 3:28 PM by Coug95man2
chinookpirate IS HWGC, and admitted it when he returned from his ban under a new handle

Just so I understand this..you went over to Dawgman "once" just to

see if Chinook is trolling over there? Or are you trolling as well?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT