ADVERTISEMENT

317 Days until the Apple Cup....

Dec 28, 2019
Coach Rolovich in the press conference today. He said we will run the rock too. Anything it takes to win the game. Rolo apparently is familiar with Sam Adams beer and likes Rolos! He came across as a family man who loves the Cougar culture and traditions. A guy who deeply cares about his players. I could go on, and I am sure others will add their two cents. I was impressed.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Not a fan of Sam Adams, must be why i didn't get what the joke was. Seemed like a great press conference.

Not a fan of Sam Adams, must be why i didn't get what the joke was. Seemed like a great press conference.
The journalist’s name, I believe, is Sam Adams. He asked a question. Rolo smiled and responded Sam Adams huh! Coach said all the right things and sounded genuine doing so. He also responded to a defensive coordinator question by stating they will take the time necessary to make the right decision. Coach wants the players on the other team to wake up Sunday knowing they played a tough and physical football team.

The journalist’s name, I believe, is Sam Adams. He asked a question. Rolo smiled and responded Sam Adams huh! Coach said all the right things and sounded genuine doing so. He also responded to a defensive coordinator question by stating they will take the time necessary to make the right decision. Coach wants the players on the other team to wake up Sunday knowing they played a tough and physical football team.

Thanks, I heard the reporters name, I thought the were talking about the old Seahawks backup QB.:)

Sam Adams was a revolution-era patriot (or traitor, depending on your perspective) before he was a beer, a football player, a reporter, or a character in Assassin’s Creed.
My daughter used to live right by the Sam Adams brewery in Jamaica Plains MA and I still didn't get it.

The 317 days statement definitely struck a chord, didn't it?

So far Rolo has said the right things, and said them in the right way. I'm hopeful.

Reactions: CrazyAnt
The 317 days statement definitely struck a chord, didn't it?

So far Rolo has said the right things, and said them in the right way. I'm hopeful.

That tells me that he is paying attention to the instate rivalry, something that CML did not do. I liked Leach but his attitude toward the Apple Cup- it's just another game- always annoyed me.

Rolo's early PR campaign as the new coach has impressed me. He is hitting all the right points with the alumni. The guy seems intelligent in ways other than just football. I find myself increasingly liking him.

Reactions: 79COUG and CrazyAnt
Did you see Rolo high five all the Cougar basketball players going into the tunnel at halftime only down 3 to the Ducks? He was already rooting them on to an upset victory. Loved it.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT