ADVERTISEMENT

4 Star's, Josh Mc Carron, #27 OLB, WSU fav, Jun Alexander #33 WR

mikalalas

Hall Of Fame
Feb 26, 2007
According to another Major Recruiting site:

4 StarJosh Mc Carron, 6 ft 4 in, 215, #27 OLB in Nation, has received 20 offers. WSU is in his top 5 as favorite.

Had 2 unofficial visits. His parents went to WSU. His sister is a freshman at WSU. Follows WSU closely, loves the program, players, coaching staff, etc.

Altho his recruitment is still technically open, is pretty much closest thing to a proverbial SLAM DUNK, probably going to commit, sign, play for WSU.

4 Star #33 WR in Nation Junior Alexander, is from Kennedy Catholic highschool, one of the schools Rolo has been recruiting.

Coaches at Kennedy Catholic and Alexander like Rolo and WSU.

Alexander has WSU in his top 6. UW is also in his top 6.

Altho its technically possible that WSU doesnt get either of them, its extremely probable that WSU gets at least 1 of them. And about a 23% to 43% chance to get both of them.

If WSU gets both of them, the class could end up being a higher rated class.

Altho McCarron is practically a gift dropped into his lap, Rolo is still getting after it pretty good, and doing a pretty good job, recruiting. At least it seems that way to me.

Surprised that this hasnt been mentioned yet on this board.

McCarron doesn't list WSU as a favorite. He's got a top 6 of Boise St., Northwestern, Cal, Virginia, Virginia Tech and us.

Boise St is probably a thank you for recruiting me pick, but the commonality with our other 4 schools is an excellent academic reputation. You also have to wonder if Stanford comes calling for a kid offered by a bunch of Ivy league schools. Parents as alumni helps, but that's going to be tough.

Junior Alexander is a long shot. Our best shot at landing him is to convince his two teammates to be a receiver trio here. If they stay together, I think we land all three. If not, Alexander is headed to UW.

According to another Major Recruiting site:

4 StarJosh Mc Carron, 6 ft 4 in, 215, #27 OLB in Nation, has received 20 offers. WSU is in his top 5 as favorite.

Had 2 unofficial visits. His parents went to WSU. His sister is a freshman at WSU. Follows WSU closely, loves the program, players, coaching staff, etc.

Altho his recruitment is still technically open, is pretty much closest thing to a proverbial SLAM DUNK, probably going to commit, sign, play for WSU.

4 Star #33 WR in Nation Junior Alexander, is from Kennedy Catholic highschool, one of the schools Rolo has been recruiting.

Coaches at Kennedy Catholic and Alexander like Rolo and WSU.

Alexander has WSU in his top 6. UW is also in his top 6.

Altho its technically possible that WSU doesnt get either of them, its extremely probable that WSU gets at least 1 of them. And about a 23% to 43% chance to get both of them.

If WSU gets both of them, the class could end up being a higher rated class.

Altho McCarron is practically a gift dropped into his lap, Rolo is still getting after it pretty good, and doing a pretty good job, recruiting. At least it seems that way to me.

Surprised that this hasnt been mentioned yet on this board.
No, Mik, McCarron's parents didn't go to WSU although his sister does. The rumor of his parent's attendance is the result of some miscommunication along the line.

What's the record for the most hats that have been present at a LOI signing ceremony?

Does WSU's hat make it to the main table or left on the kiddie's table?

No, Mik, McCarron's parents didn't go to WSU although his sister does. The rumor of his parent's attendance is the result of some miscommunication along the line.

Well the Rivals like, not saying whether its ESPN, or 247, or SBNation, or Coug Center, or Brand X, etc, but one of them said in the article that his parents goto WSU. I am just repeating, parroting what they said.

So if your right, I guess they are wrong.

And wouldnt be the first time.

And if I'm wrong, then I am sorry for repeating wrong info.

McCarron doesn't list WSU as a favorite. He's got a top 6 of Boise St., Northwestern, Cal, Virginia, Virginia Tech and us.

Boise St is probably a thank you for recruiting me pick, but the commonality with our other 4 schools is an excellent academic reputation. You also have to wonder if Stanford comes calling for a kid offered by a bunch of Ivy league schools. Parents as alumni helps, but that's going to be tough.

Junior Alexander is a long shot. Our best shot at landing him is to convince his two teammates to be a receiver trio here. If they stay together, I think we land all three. If not, Alexander is headed to UW.

WSU is a UNOFFICIAL favorite. In the article McCarron said that his parents went to WSU, and his sister is attending WSU, and that he and his family LOVES WSU, and that is is very familiar with the program, and follows the program very closely, and that he likes, loves the WSU program, players, coaches, etc.

And its not just fluff, or smoke he is saying. Friends, family, coaching, other sources, etc, also say that about him.

Now I dont know about you, but if I am Mc Carron, and if I am a big WSU fan, WSU would be my favorite. And since Mc Carron is a BIG WSU FAN, WSU is probably his favorite as well.

So why didnt, isnt he saying WSU is his favorite? Why hasnt he committed?

Probably this:

Image means a lot to kids, he may not want to look like a WSU fan, or look like a kid that would turn down a big time offer to play at WSU.

He may want to look cool to people. He may want people to think that he is carefully weighing his options, and that the only reason he is choosing WSU, is because he has carefully weighed everything and thinks WSU is better, and not just because he is a fan of WSU.

The REALITY is, that WSU is that favorite, his favorite.

If took this info to Vegas, Vegas would probably call WSU the favorite, his favorite too.

Does this mean its not possible that he does not sign with WSU.

Its possible.

But ita not bloody dam likely that he doesnt sign with WSU.

Its extremely likely that he signs with WSU.

This should be a SLAM DUNK that rolo SHOULD BE ABLE TO CLOSE.

Well the Rivals like, not saying whether its ESPN, or 247, or SBNation, or Coug Center, or Brand X, etc, but one of them said in the article that his parents goto WSU. I am just repeating, parroting what they said.

So if your right, I guess they are wrong.

And wouldnt be the first time.

And if I'm wrong, then I am sorry for repeating wrong info.
Mik, it has occurred to me that perhaps he stated that his parents went to WSU, meaning that they had visited Pullman in order to check out the school not that they attended WSU as students but as prospective parents of another one of their family. Since his sister attends the school it is not unreasonable that they would have "gone to WSU" in that capacity. Just a hunch but I would bet that this is where the miscommunication happened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT