ADVERTISEMENT

50 million have cut the cord...SO YOU'RE AT FAULT....

M-I-Coug

Hall Of Fame
Oct 13, 2002
Mercer Island
The highest households for Cable TV and Satellite was 97 million subscribers.

Today, it's down to 50 million subscribers.

Blame Larry Scott.

Blame USC (greed).

But what about blaming all of who cut the cord? What about accepting it's your own doing?

If there were still 97 million households with FOX, ESPN, ABC, CBS, NBC, and all of its sister channels......The PAC 12 WOULD NOT BE IN PERIL.

We stupidly pay Dish Network $191.00 a month, and I don't watch anything on legacy TV, except college football, and maybe 60 minutes. Why? Because I get all sports channels, the DVR and Skip technology, while DISH has the leading technology. $191 A MONTH! Plus we subscribe to all the other steaming channels.

That's $2,300 a year to watch the COUGS on TV. Crazy. So I get it. Bottom line... you did this to yourselves.

Last edited:
The highest households for Cable TV and Satellite was 97 million subscribers.

Today, it's down to 50 million subscribers.

Blame Larry Scott.

Blame USC (greed).

But what about blaming all of who cut the cord? What about accepting it's your own doing?

If there were still 97 million households with FOX, ESPN, ABC, CBS, NBC, and all of its sister channels......The PAC 12 WOULD NOT BE IN PERIL.

We stupidly pay Dish Network $191.00 a month, and I don't watch anything on legacy TV, except college football, and maybe 60 minutes. Why? Because I get all sports channels, the DVR and Skip technology, while DISH has the leading technology. $191 A MONTH! Plus we subscribe to all the other steaming channels.

That's $2,300 a year to watch the COUGS on TV. Crazy. So I get it. Bottom line... you did this to yourselves.
You could just send the Cougs $2300

I get people are angry, leading to posts like this, but this doesn't make sense. It's not just fans of select schools in the west who cut the cord. It was obvious the cord was being cut. It also was obvious Larry's plans weren't going to fly. All the Pac-12 needed to do was to have a network partner and not go for Larry's bullshit. Preferably initially, and if not then, when they had the chance a few years in. Relevant Pac-12 presidents were asleep at the wheel, deceived, arrogant, and stupid.

Anyway, is your point supposed to be that every fan in America should have kept paying for cable forever? If that's it, then we have to start talking about blaming Hastings, Bezos, Iger/Chapek, and myriad execs whose names we don't know but who are all about the money.

Last edited:
Lol this is the worst take imaginable. It's like $60 a month to get the Pac 12 on sling, I don't have cable I just pay for that 3 months out of the year. Did I kill the Pac 12? This goose was cooked as soon as we exited the exclusive negotiation period and went to the open market looking for streaming options. Fox and ESPN have sunk a tremendous amount of money into their linear deals and wanted to make sure they boxed out Apple or Amazon until the next round of contracts come up. All there is to it.

Reactions: 425cougfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT