ADVERTISEMENT

6 wins

Dillard wasn't on the team then.

How about you let the lineup changes caused by an injury actually play out before raising "concern"?

Dillard currently is a redshirt freshman, so it stands to reason he wasn't around in 2013. As for others who could play now if necessary, they include Carlos Freeman, rs-soph, Moritz Christ, sr, Brandon Evers, rs-frosh, Cody O"Connell, rs-soph, Sam Flor, rs-junior, and B.J. Salmonson, rs-soph. The coaches don't want to burn Cedric Bigge-Duren's and Noah Osur-Myers' redshirts, but both supposedly could play if necessary.

The biggest issue that Brink had as a sophomore was the pick sixes. He had a fairly long windup on his throws and I think he threw at least three and probably more pick sixes that season that were the deal killers in at least a couple games. It's the reason that I'm somewhat annoyed with Falk throwing the interception against Stanford on the blown up screen play. Regardless of who's fault it was, that kind of mistake was a big factor in our loss to the Cardinal and you have to make sure you learn from the mistake and don't repeat it regularly (Falk and/or receiver). Brink cleaned that up a lot his junior and senior years.

Falk deserves a lot of credit for his accuracy and the caution that he has when it comes to not forcing the ball. He's done a lot better the last few weeks on dumping the ball off and avoiding sacks as well. Brink was a master of that at WSU and it's one of the reasons that he was the rare WSU QB that didn't miss games because of injury.

I'd like to see an analysis of Brink's vs Falk's windup. Not saying you are wrong, but it would be interesting.

Good job letting things actually play out before raising "concern."

And I don't think Ecklund "struggled." If he had really struggled, he's be on the bench. Dahl developed into the best linemen, so he moved to LT.

This is the way I remember it. Eklund didn't struggle, it was just that after watching Dahl all year long, it was considered he was the best blind side protector. They used the time off between the season and bowl game to make the change. After all, it was the best Cougar season since 2006, how much was he struggling? The answer, Eklund wasn't.

Reactions: kayak15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT