ADVERTISEMENT

Alamo Bowl proved yet again why. . . .

ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
turnover margin is the most important statistic in football. Iowa State had 188 more offensive yards and won nearly every statistical category. But Cougs were plus-2 in turnover margin and that was the difference. D forced 3 turnovers. Pelluer's strip of Montgomery was the biggest play of the game.

turnover margin is the most important statistic in football. Iowa State had 188 more offensive yards and won nearly every statistical category. But Cougs were plus-2 in turnover margin and that was the difference. D forced 3 turnovers. Pelluer's strip of Montgomery was the biggest play of the game.
I agree to your entire post. Pete Carroll talks about the ball or winning the turnover margin incessantly. I think the next biggest play was stopping the two point conversion.

That play by Minshew on 3rd down in final TD drive was the difference. Congrats.

That play by Minshew on 3rd down in final TD drive was the difference. Congrats.
Thanks. I was very impressed with Iowa State and knew it would be a tough, close ball game. The Minshew play was huge but if Pelluer doesn't strip the ball from Montgomery while the Cyclones have all the momentum, I think you guys go ahead 27-21 at that point in the game....and we don't even have a chance to build an 8-point lead.

ISU fans have a lot to look forward to next year. Best wishes.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT