ADVERTISEMENT

Anne McCoy

Interim tag removed. Seems like a no brainer. Hope she's successful.
From the beginning, she really was the only logical choice. Believe it or not, great candidates were not banging down the door to take this job. The school is not in a power 5 conference and has limited options going forward. It is going to take a lot to maneuver through all the landmines going forward. This is more likely a resume' killer than a resume' builder.

She also understands WSU inside and out probably more than any candidate and knows what she is getting into. I hope she is successful as well.

From the beginning, she really was the only logical choice. Believe it or not, great candidates were not banging down the door to take this job. The school is not in a power 5 conference and has limited options going forward. It is going to take a lot to maneuver through all the landmines going forward. This is more likely a resume' killer than a resume' builder.

She also understands WSU inside and out probably more than any candidate and knows what she is getting into. I hope she is successful as well.
All this is true.

There doesn’t exist a candidate out there who could pull a rabbit of the hat and suddenly provide membership in the Big 12 or the-assemble a new PAC 12. That is going to take time and another round of musical chairs. If ever.

All this is true.

There doesn’t exist a candidate out there who could pull a rabbit of the hat and suddenly provide membership in the Big 12 or the-assemble a new PAC 12. That is going to take time and another round of musical chairs. If ever.
Meh. How do we know? There never were any other candidates. A lame, lame duck decision by Schulz. We could have gotten John Johnson. A known quantity and former longtime Coug.

Meh. How do we know? There never were any other candidates. A lame, lame duck decision by Schulz. We could have gotten John Johnson. A known quantity and former longtime Coug.
We know because we pay attention. John Canzano has been all over this.

We know because we pay attention. John Canzano has been all over this.
He has? I never saw anything about vetting other candidates.

And to 7! Coug - Johnson has been the AD at 3 stops, granted all lesser schools. And went with Moos to Nebraska.

Johnson himself stated, "“(After leaving Nebraska), my wife (Lisa) and I said, ‘Let’s go home,’ and going home was Portland State,” Johnson said on Wednesday. “I started in the Big Sky, and I want to end in the Big Sky.”)

Sort of took himself out of the running, Loyal.

I know John and he doesn’t have a rabbit hat. He’s a good guy and would have done a great job. But that magician trick doesn’t exist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT