ADVERTISEMENT

Another flip

etowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Apr 15, 2018

Hours after receiving a TCU offer, Gipson flipped leaving us with another spot to fill.

Only if you respect my old school values...

Givs us chanc too add nother mnt west linbacer n plac of jAYvion gIbSON
But seriously, if he wasn't going to be happy at WSU now, let's move on instead of finding out 4 years in and transferring to Temple.

Will Rodgers was a welcome addition to the team while he was here. He's gone. Doesn't mean he was worth having. He contributed more than most who sign.

This hurts. We need linebackers and our best two commits at the position have bailed. Hopefully we can make a splash or two at the position before signing day.

I'd move on from Texas. I just don't think it's worth it.

If you can't find a solid 25 kids on the West Coast and Hawaii you have issues on campus that need addressed. Facilities, coaches, recruiting ideas, etc.

If you can't find a solid 25 kids on the West Coast and Hawaii you have issues on campus that need addressed. Facilities, coaches, recruiting ideas, etc.

Completely agree.

Will Rodgers was a welcome addition to the team while he was here. He's gone. Doesn't mean he was worth having. He contributed more than most who sign.

This hurts. We need linebackers and our best two commits at the position have bailed. Hopefully we can make a splash or two at the position before signing day.

They need a RB. They need 3 more OL. Add a couple receivers too. Having 6 offensive players verballed right now is low. Especially for a coach whose brand is offense.

It will be interesting to see how signing goes this year. There are gonna be a ton of kids looking for homes. Tons of kids had their seasons cancelled this year or are playing after the signing day. Jucos will be interesting... Transfer portal too....

If you make your $ as an evaluator this is your year to show how good you are.

They need a RB. They need 3 more OL. Add a couple receivers too. Having 6 offensive players verballed right now is low. Especially for a coach whose brand is offense.

It will be interesting to see how signing goes this year. There are gonna be a ton of kids looking for homes. Tons of kids had their seasons cancelled this year or are playing after the signing day. Jucos will be interesting... Transfer portal too....

If you make your $ as an evaluator this is your year to show how good you are.
Much easier to offer up Ian Furness' kid.

Yup Hawaii and the South Pacific is your new Texas. Leach was able to find some kids there with his connections but that’s gone. Work the islands hard, especially with likely 4 years of Jayden at QB. Why fill a spot with a kid that’s gonna flip the second they get any big12 offer?

Yup Hawaii and the South Pacific is your new Texas. Leach was able to find some kids there with his connections but that’s gone. Work the islands hard, especially with likely 4 years of Jayden at QB. Why fill a spot with a kid that’s gonna flip the second they get any big12 offer?

Imo, WSU had a success story to sell on the islands with Gesser. They did a piss poor job. Now they have another big time kid from Hawaii and the former UH coach. If they screw this up they suck.

I’d call the UofA commits and see what they had going on. Can you afford to wait out and see who they hire??? What happens if the new coach doesnt want you and now your options are limited???

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Remember, if by choice, we don’t lose anyone to graduation this year. How many of our guys are actually getting drafted. We will be fine.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
For what it's worth, we have a decent shot at a suitable replacement that's kind of off the radar. We'll find out in 48 hours if we landed him.

Imo, WSU had a success story to sell on the islands with Gesser. They did a piss poor job. Now they have another big time kid from Hawaii and the former UH coach. If they screw this up they suck.
We've had a decent trickle of Polys in the Palouse for a while and they managed to never capitalize on it.

I’m kinda excited about that mike from Yakima. Already 6-2. 220

I'm usually wary of "under the radar" gems pushed by Brand X. We haven't hit big on one of these (outside of the OL) since Will Derting. Kershaw's definitely a project but if he wants it bad enough he might be able to turn himself into a contributor.

I'm usually wary of "under the radar" gems pushed by Brand X. We haven't hit big on one of these (outside of the OL) since Will Derting. Kershaw's definitely a project but if he wants it bad enough he might be able to turn himself into a contributor.
But, but, but, as long as they went to a high school in Washington, we will win the Apple Cup.

I liked him more as a big back...

I’d call the UofA commits and see what they had going on. Can you afford to wait out and see who they hire??? What happens if the new coach doesnt want you and now your options are limited???

You really want to trust the talent Sumlin brought in?

You really want to trust the talent Sumlin brought in?

I would trust the kids more than I trust Sumlin. Kids that are in a broken program have a hard time reaching their potential. It isnt their fault the coach sucks. They just chose the wrong school.

I would trust the kids more than I trust Sumlin. Kids that are in a broken program have a hard time reaching their potential. It isnt their fault the coach sucks. They just chose the wrong school.
My impression of recruiting is that a lot of times kids commit to a coach (not saying that’s smart considering the musical chairs coaches play and the chances of the guy you commit to actually being the same guy in 5-6 years, but it is what it is). So in that case they also chose the wrong coach.

As long as we don't have a recruiting class like 14 I think we will be ok so the staff can get some traction.

The fact we may have some sixth year seniors I believe help us.

My impression of recruiting is that a lot of times kids commit to a coach (not saying that’s smart considering the musical chairs coaches play and the chances of the guy you commit to actually being the same guy in 5-6 years, but it is what it is). So in that case they also chose the wrong coach.

Yes. Coaches and schemes leave and change too. Choosing a school can be a moving target. It isn't like accepting a biology scholarship and when the professor leaves everything changes. Football is fluid and what was best for you one year can change immediately after the season. Now what are they supposed to do???

As long as we don't have a recruiting class like 14 I think we will be ok so the staff can get some traction.

The fact we may have some sixth year seniors I believe help us.

A 2014 would be wonderful compared to what we've got in the hopper so far. That class was shallow but produced an All American and a first round pick. Plus Luvu who has hung around the NFL for 3 years.

Given the extra year for seniors, I'd love a bunch of high risk high reward guys as a supplement to the 2020 class. Too many kids this year are players who we hope can work there butts off to be solid depth on a two deep. Not many players who look like future all conference types.

Yes. Coaches and schemes leave and change too. Choosing a school can be a moving target. It isn't like accepting a biology scholarship and when the professor leaves everything changes. Football is fluid and what was best for you one year can change immediately after the season. Now what are they supposed to do???
The good ones should pack their shit and move to Pullman. As PWOs if they have to!

If it’s really that rough of a class, we’re going to be in great shape in the field position game for years to come!

Reactions: BiggsCoug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT