ADVERTISEMENT

Any black folks here?

Let's not forget Duke Washington, the first black running back to play on the field against Texas because WSU refused to play without him. But hey....it's okay for Sanders to be an ignorant dick because he coached at Jackson State.
Seriously … you some how internalize this ? I have too much belief in Pullman and WSU to even think it is more than someone running their mouth trying to be entertaining.

For some strange reason you are conflating what white media, and a white university establishment, has done to WSU, with the fact that WSU is as far from an urban black community as you can get in this country. You do realize Deion last coached at the blackest school, in the blackest city, in the blackest state, in the blackest conference, and now he is going to coach a game in a place perceived, rightly or wrongly, as a polar opposite environment. He can't make a joke about that?

You want to get serious, you want to get indignant -- why did it take until 2022 for a SWAC coach to have the opportunity to coach Power 5 football? Eddie Robinson and his 408 wins wasn't good enough? Deion has earned the right to have a little fun, at our expense.

Toughen up buttercup!
Prime has earned the right to have "a little fun" at our expense? Replace Prime with Trump in that sentence and see how it reads. Too extreme? OK, replace Joe Rogan with Prime and see how it reads.

If I may quote from Dave Chappelles “Racial Draft”, “I will represent the black delegation “….I understand the insensitivity to it as he was part of the break up of the Pac 12, but it is a fact Pullman is very white . And in other times who would give a crap what he says .

Leon Bender once mentioned the lack of diversity but he came to really represent all that Pullman has to offer . As does George Raveling. Think about Raveling for a minute. I believe he was the first Black coach given the opportunity to coach at a D1 level… and in the most white school around .
Raveling once said he was fielding an all-white team.

Rufus White, Cleofus White, Marquis White....

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
Prime has earned the right to have "a little fun" at our expense? Replace Prime with Trump in that sentence and see how it reads. Too extreme? OK, replace Joe Rogan with Prime and see how it reads.
What exactly did Deion say that was so offensive ,"You ask a Black man, `Have you been to Pullman?’ `Oh yeah. Yeah. Was just there last week." Man that is so thin skinned.

The proper reverse analogy would be to ask Jim Gaffigan (whose schick is being very white) about visiting Jackson, when said Jokingly. White men don't plan site seeing in Jackson, Mississippi, any more than black men plan to vacation in Pullman. Therein lies the joke.

Remember, the article states it was all said in jest. It you can't recognize the media prompted "chalk and cheese" humor that Pullman is perceived as very white, very rural, and very ag, everything the "Prime Time" persona is not, I'm sorry. Jesus Christ, have a bit of fun rather than acting like a PTA board member.

What exactly did Deion say that was so offensive ,"You ask a Black man, `Have you been to Pullman?’ `Oh yeah. Yeah. Was just there last week." Man that is so thin skinned.

The proper reverse analogy would be to ask Jim Gaffigan (whose schick is being very white) about visiting Jackson, when said Jokingly. White men don't plan site seeing in Jackson, Mississippi, any more than black men plan to vacation in Pullman. Therein lies the joke.

Remember, the article states it was all said in jest. It you can't recognize the media prompted "chalk and cheese" humor that Pullman is perceived as very white, very rural, and very ag, everything the "Prime Time" persona is not, I'm sorry. Jesus Christ, have a bit of fun rather than acting like a PTA board member.
He didn't say anything offensive to me. He sounded like an ignorant fool when you consider that Boulder is "whiter" than Pullman. Basically confirmed what everyone has suspected. As soon as his kids are done in Boulder and he gets a better offer elsewhere, he's gone.

It’s really just bad timing. Not sure if it’s really people being snowflakes. I think right now people are just tired of all the Pullman/WSU bashing at this current bad, uncertain time for our program. Perhaps people would be less defensive and shrug it off if this had come out say in 2018.
I wonder what Leach would have said in response. He may even have chuckled but got in a dig somehow mentioning space aliens or deion taking too many of the shrooms that the lily white people in boulder take. Whatever, I’m sure it would be amusing and quotable.

It’s really just bad timing. Not sure if it’s really people being snowflakes. I think right now people are just tired of all the Pullman/WSU bashing at this current bad, uncertain time for our program. Perhaps people would be less defensive and shrug it off if this had come out say in 2018.
I wonder what Leach would have said in response. He may even have chuckled but got in a dig somehow mentioning space aliens or deion taking too many of the shrooms that the lily white people in boulder take. Whatever, I’m sure it would be amusing and quotable.
I could see Leach saying something like “I don’t know why it makes any difference for a football game, but seems to me that people in Boulder look an awful lot like the people in Pullman”

Reactions: ATACFD
tenor.gif

29004c0e-9b6d-4aa7-ad35-9922d9392990_text.gif

It should be noted for Deion's sake when he arrives in Pullman...

Reactions: Coug90 and ATACFD
Leach would say "I self-identify as black, so STFU."

Ooooohhhhhh.

Anytime you are in a situation/speech where you simply switch the "white" and "black" terms-targets-rolls and it would start a media hayday it just proves how f*cking fake and soft our country has become.

Yes... Deon Dumb Shit Sanders can say whatever he wants, but he should be called out for it front and center.

People that try to rip on Pullman/WSU in terms of having "no blacks" are some of the biggest morons ever.

The only BIGGER morons are those coming from schools like Colorado who seem to try to talk without the walk.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATACFD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT