ADVERTISEMENT

Theft at the Rosebowl

If my car gets. broken into anywhere at a football game, who do I call my insurance and I pay the deductible to get my stuff replaced. You have insurance for a reason and I don’t cry to the university to pay for it.

Well maybe the players shouldn't have brought their jewelry on the trip. Who the F would they show it off to? No sympathy here. And while a little pocket change is good to have, what did they really need more than that for? Everything necessary was paid for. Like the camera guy who had a "significant" amount of cash missing. Why? So limited sympathy here.

Well maybe the players shouldn't have brought their jewelry on the trip. Who the F would they show it off to? No sympathy here. And while a little pocket change is good to have, what did they really need more than that for? Everything necessary was paid for. Like the camera guy who had a "significant" amount of cash missing. Why? So limited sympathy here.
And why DIDN'T Colorado have someone from their school in the room to make sure that didn't happen? That is simply something common sense tells you to do.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Are y'all serious? There is NO excuse for football players playing in a visiting stadium to have any of their personal stuff taken from the locket room while they are on the field! Absolutely ridiculous on behalf of the either UCLA or Rose Bowl security staff.

Just because you don't care for any personality attributes of the victim doesn't make any of this okay. It's actually kind of embarrassing. Imagine if this happened under WSU's watch. That's all I have to say about that.

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
Are y'all serious? There is NO excuse for football players playing in a visiting stadium to have any of their personal stuff taken from the locket room while they are on the field! Absolutely ridiculous on behalf of the either UCLA or Rose Bowl security staff.

Just because you don't care for any personality attributes of the victim doesn't make any of this okay. It's actually kind of embarrassing. Imagine if this happened under WSU's watch. That's all I have to say about that.
I didn't say there was an excuse. It is common sense. Kinda like don't leave your car unlocked with the keys under the visor.

Agree with all this. I do think, though, that it's unlikely this happens if Colorado players weren't going overboard with things like wearing flashy, expensive watches (during games, apparently), talking about luxury cars all the time (as does their coach), and otherwise just being well-known for having a lot of bling, this probably doesn't happen at all. Again, not to take away substantially from your other points. A visiting team should be able to expect that their belongings are not going to get stolen, and I'd be incredibly embarrassed if this happened in Pullman. I wouldn't want to carry around that level of expensive belongings, though, no matter what they were, and leave them in locker rooms protected by $20/hour security guards.

Reactions: Coug90
Agree with all this. I do think, though, that it's unlikely this happens if Colorado players weren't going overboard with things like wearing flashy, expensive watches (during games, apparently), talking about luxury cars all the time (as does their coach), and otherwise just being well-known for having a lot of bling, this probably doesn't happen at all. Again, not to take away substantially from your other points. A visiting team should be able to expect that their belongings are not going to get stolen, and I'd be incredibly embarrassed if this happened in Pullman. I wouldn't want to carry around that level of expensive belongings, though, no matter what they were, and leave them in locker rooms protected by $20/hour security guards.
They should have worn a short skirt in that neighborhood...

Well I'm sure the folks that run the stadium will now require background checks for their contractor who runs security, (assuming the contractor background checks were not part of the hiring process.

All I have to say is eight words:

Fentanyl addiction and....mom and dad are everything.

I think you know why...

Yes, it was clearly a security lapse. No question.

That said, we all learn at a young age...most of us at an age younger than the CO football players...that you don't bring expensive stuff to places where it can get stolen. You don't leave it exposed on the seat of your car, for example. You don't flash it around, then put it somewhere over which you do not have control.

Should CO have had someone there? Good question. It appears the coaching staff thinks that having the players flash a lot of bling is a good thing. Probably helps with the recruiting image they are trying to create. But there is a practical side to that, as well. Common sense was not used. I bet from now on they get a little more old school. Maybe the kids will use better judgement. Maybe the staff will leave someone around to watch things. Maybe the schools they visit will realize that CO encourages players to bring huge temptations and will increase their security. Or maybe nothing at all will change.

Reactions: WillieThePimp
If my car gets. broken into anywhere at a football game, who do I call my insurance and I pay the deductible to get my stuff replaced. You have insurance for a reason and I don’t cry to the university to pay for it.

Anything to take the spotlight off the W-L record.

Why does it keep happening under Deons watch? When Someone steals your stuff you need to own the responsibility on what you did for your part. Me personally I wouldn’t be flashing my jewelry but hey that’s me. These days it’s doesn’t matter where you’re at, but also don’t expect someone to pay you because your shit got stolen.

Why does it keep happening under Deons watch? When Someone steals your stuff you need to own the responsibility on what you did for your part. Me personally I wouldn’t be flashing my jewelry but hey that’s me. These days it’s doesn’t matter where you’re at, but also don’t expect someone to pay you because your shit got stolen.
We’re talking about a locker room right? Anyone ever heard of a F’n padlock? A $5 master lock would have shut down whoever was scouting for bling. You could bring gold bars with you if you want.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT