ADVERTISEMENT

Any chance Bill Moos could return to his alma mater in an "A.D. Emeritus" role?

PeteTheChop

Hall Of Fame
May 25, 2005
Might be a chance to give Mrs. McCoy a sounding board (at least until she got comfortable in her new position).

Dr. Schulz could pay Mr. Moos the difference between what Anne makes and what it would cost to bring in a more high-profile AD.

Could be a win-win for the athletic program

We’re in Jim Sterk save every penny mode not Bill Moos spend like a drunken sailor state.

Might be a chance to give Mrs. McCoy a sounding board (at least until she got comfortable in her new position).

Dr. Schulz could pay Mr. Moos the difference between what Anne makes and what it would cost to bring in a more high-profile AD.

Could be a win-win for the athletic program
Good Lord, not Moos. Ever.

What can I say? Guess I'm a Bill Moos fan ever since he first returned to WSU.

Hiring Mike Leach and massively upgrading the facilities was huge win and helped return Cougar football to its rightful glory days.

Not sure that would've ever happened under Pat Chung no matter how much record-setting fundraising he did

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
I'd rather see them hire a good AD than go down that road. I don't hate Bill or anything. Just not the guy needed for this time and, frankly, I doubt he'd have interest. He didn't even want to stay at WSU when it was in Power 5. I doubt he could be bothered to give a damn about what's going to be before him now.

The only thing I could see making sense is him using his name, gravitas, and experience to try to get WSU in a Power 5 conference, somewhat like he did with getting equal rev sharing in 2011. As he'll gladly tell you. I'd rather just hire him as a consultant to try to pull that off with a success-based fee arrangement.

I'd rather see them hire a good AD than go down that road. I don't hate Bill or anything. Just not the guy needed for this time and, frankly, I doubt he'd have interest. He didn't even want to stay at WSU when it was in Power 5. I doubt he could be bothered to give a damn about what's going to be before him now.

The only thing I could see making sense is him using his name, gravitas, and experience to try to get WSU in a Power 5 conference, somewhat like he did with getting equal rev sharing in 2011. As he'll gladly tell you. I'd rather just hire him as a consultant to try to pull that off with a success-based fee arrangement.
Last time we brought him in as a consultant we hired Paul Wulff. No thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT