ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else catch the spread?

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
the donkeys are -6.5? Apparently it was bigger as I heard the radio guys say yesterday the people were betting the line down.

What am I missing?

My heart says we stomp, my head says its within a field goal.

Maybe its because we in recent history we play like shit vs Boise?

the donkeys are -6.5? Apparently it was bigger as I heard the radio guys say yesterday the people were betting the line down.

What am I missing?

My heart says we stomp, my head says its within a field goal.

Maybe its because we in recent history we play like shit vs Boise?
We stomp them? Their strength is our weakness. They have the best back in the country....and they will continue to feed him .

We stomp them? Their strength is our weakness. They have the best back in the country....and they will continue to feed him .
GA southern is 128th in rush defense. Portland State is FCS. Oregon came out flat footed and played their worst game of the season because they were reading their own headlines.

Will we give up 200 yards on the ground? Probably. But at least 50 of that will be 1 or 2 chunk plays. Bow up in the red zone and hold them to 3 points per possession. Its not impossible.

GA southern is 128th in rush defense. Portland State is FCS. Oregon came out flat footed and played their worst game of the season because they were reading their own headlines.

Will we give up 200 yards on the ground? Probably. But at least 50 of that will be 1 or 2 chunk plays. Bow up in the red zone and hold them to 3 points per possession. Its not impossible.
Reality is that more than half of Jeanty’s yards were in game 1 against Georgia southern, as were 2/3 of his TDs. He can be dealt with…and he can also beat you by himself if you don’t deal with him.

We have to key strongly on him and keep him to 3 YPC to negate the big one he’ll no doubt break. Take him away as much as possible and force the QB to beat us in the air.

If we can. Frankly, I’m not sure we’ve got the personnel.

Reality is that more than half of Jeanty’s yards were in game 1 against Georgia southern, as were 2/3 of his TDs. He can be dealt with…and he can also beat you by himself if you don’t deal with him.

We have to key strongly on him and keep him to 3 YPC to negate the big one he’ll no doubt break. Take him away as much as possible and force the QB to beat us in the air.

If we can. Frankly, I’m not sure we’ve got the personnel.
Any coach worth their salt will run right at our ILB who can't tackle (name? 12 missed tackles) and make the Cougs prove it. I haven't seen him run, but if our DL can jam things up enough to get some hats on the ball we should be ok.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT