ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone See Baynes Dunk?

spongebob11

Head Coach
Nov 6, 2013
His trainer did a hell of a job once he left. He also got into it with a Clippers player last night and playing some good ball.

An no, Loyal didn't hack my acct. :)

Originally posted by spongebob11:
His trainer did a hell of a job once he left. He also got into it with a Clippers player last night and playing some good ball.

An no, Loyal didn't hack my acct. :)
I'm sure Loyal is catatonic right now.
smile.r191677.gif

Cougar History made...when?......

...tonight, 2/20/15.....two WSU Cougars start in the NBA....against each other. Pretty freaking cool. Klay was his usual all-star self, and good for our fellow Coug. But Aron Baynes, crowd favorite at WSU and in San Antonio, has played himself into the starting center position for the limping but reigning NBA champ Spurs. The Big Banger had a double double, led the Spurs in minutes played and scoring, and drew kudos from the announcers. In last nights Golden State loss, Banger did good as well.

Go Cougs!

If Baynesee weighs 260 now, how much did he really weigh at WSU? 290, 300? He always was strong as an ox, and how many tip off did he lose in his WSU career? 1, 2. So he had hops. It was just hidden most of the time under 30 to 40 pounds of baby fat and the Bennett offense.

Re: Cougar History made...when?......

It really is amazing especially when all we've ever heard is that it is nearly impossible to recruit high-level talent to WSU for basketball.

One is an NBA all-star too.

Remember the refrain also that no good players want to play Bennett ball? Uh....wrong.

He probably came in at 300-ish but by the time he was a senior he had totally repackaged his body and I believe was listed in the 260s. People forget he also played with a bad wheel his sophomore year hurting an ankle. Baynes development from college freshman to the NBA is incredible.

Klay only played for Bennett for 1 year and Baynes is not the same player he was when he left WSU, it took him 4 years of apparently hard work to make the NBA. Style of play can factor into a recruits decision but in general players want to go play for a winner. I doubt Tony would have had trouble recruiting solid players at WSU he isn't having any trouble at Virginia.

Originally posted by jourdand:
Klay only played for Bennett for 1 year and Baynes is not the same player he was when he left WSU, it took him 4 years of apparently hard work to make the NBA. Style of play can factor into a recruits decision but in general players want to go play for a winner. I doubt Tony would have had trouble recruiting solid players at WSU he isn't having any trouble at Virginia.
The "Bon(e) AppEDtit says otherwise.

Don't you realize that Tony would only have been able to recruit guys like Boeke, Harthun, Brown (Spokane), Witherall, etc.? You know, just guys who couldn't play at the P12 level going forward?

I only remember Baynes losing one tip; the other guy got it on the way up.

As for his physical development, remember that Donaldson also developed during his first 3 years or so in the league. Comparing him at year 4 vs. his senior year of college was day and night, just as it is with Baynes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT