ADVERTISEMENT

Portal update and NIL

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
I just read where 900 players have entered the BB portal (as of Sat AM). I only see 3 of the 7 Cougs who are indicating they are portalling. Add Jabe Mullins per Brand Y. So 900 is probably going to climb a bunch.

Kinda wondering just where all these players are going. Obviously some have spots picked out and/or agreed to. Wonder how many HS recruits might lose their spots (if you can even do that at this point?) if a transfer or two come along. Makes the job Smith AND SHAW did this last year even more amazing.

Second. OK, the basketball specific NIL fundraising apparently made $350,000 plus. So now what? Who's out their talking to the kids? No idea of the logistics, although WSU does have an NIL-designated staffer. Just feel like WSU has totally f-ed up. Should have made the offer to Shaw, for cosmetic reasons if nothing else. Should have offered Shaw for 5 years, and had it in hand to announce immediately when Smith bailed. Every player that we want to keep, even if in the portal should have at least have a preliminary NIL commitment if they stay. Yeah we can't offer $100,000 to any of them, but I would think if a kid is happy and sitting in his living room and we say hey, you stay and you will get $10,000 or $20.000 or whatever immediately, it might keep them sitting there for another year. If Wells and Watts light on fire next year, they can always jump with two years left. Even Jaki says he could stay.

Edit - Jaki, Mullins and Chinyelu have entered the portal.

Edit again - Housinou declared. The list is intriguing - Louisville has 10! in the portal. Stanford has 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: 79COUG
I just read where 900 players have entered the BB portal (as of Sat AM). I only see 3 of the 7 Cougs who are indicating they are portalling. Add Jabe Mullins per Brand Y. So 900 is probably going to climb a bunch.

Kinda wondering just where all these players are going. Obviously some have spots picked out and/or agreed to. Wonder how many HS recruits might lose their spots (if you can even do that at this point?) if a transfer or two come along. Makes the job Smith AND SHAW did this last year even more amazing.

Second. OK, the basketball specific NIL fundraising apparently made $350,000 plus. So now what? Who's out their talking to the kids? No idea of the logistics, although WSU does have an NIL-designated staffer. Just feel like WSU has totally f-ed up. Should have made the offer to Shaw, for cosmetic reasons if nothing else. Should have offered Shaw for 5 years, and had it in hand to announce immediately when Smith bailed. Every player that we want to keep, even if in the portal should have at least have a preliminary NIL commitment if they stay. Yeah we can't offer $100,000 to any of them, but I would think if a kid is happy and sitting in his living room and we say hey, you stay and you will get $10,000 or $20.000 or whatever immediately, it might keep them sitting there for another year. If Wells and Watts light on fire next year, they can always jump with two years left. Even Jaki says he could stay.

Edit - Jaki, Mullins and Chinyelu have entered the portal
Easier to go in tbe other direction.. who is not in the portal yet... cluff wells and watts .

Basketball NIL has way more than that, it's above 700k then with the way the divvy up the general collective it'll be around 1 million. The 350k was just from the match campaign that didn't even start until January or February.

Edit again - Housinou declared. The list is intriguing - Louisville has 10! in the portal. Stanford has 4.

Basketball NIL has way more than that, it's above 700k then with the way the divvy up the general collective it'll be around 1 million. The 350k was just from the match campaign that didn't even start until January or February.

How do you know, and what can you share? Their website is pretty much an information-free zone. I gave to the BB fundraiser, got a thanks and that was it.

What a shit show. Dudes just entering the portal because “that’s what everyone else is doing”. Lambkins in the portal again. FFS college sports is ridiculous.

What a shit show. Dudes just entering the portal because “that’s what everyone else is doing”. Lambkins in the portal again. FFS college sports is ridiculous.

A new team every year. And we have to pay for em

Easier to go in tbe other direction.. who is not in the portal yet... cluff wells and watts .

If WSU keeps Cluff, Wells, Watts, and if WSU hires Eric Henderson from SDSU, and if Jaki comes back from the portal, etc, like he said he might possibly could, then Cluff, Wells, Watts, Jaki, Spencer Mahoney, is a decent core to build around, assuming Eric Henderson can recruit to WSU.

If so, that's probably about, around a 15,16,17,18,19,20 win team

Parker Gerrits says he's staying no matter what. Don't know what we have in him but it's nice to see a little loyalty for a change.

Parker Gerrits says he's staying no matter what. Don't know what we have in him but it's nice to see a little loyalty for a change.
Well I assume that he will be put on scholarship (like NOW!). And he should have a real chance to start or be in the rotation. Not a bad reward for loyalty. And I hope our NIL people are crawling all over he and the rest of the guys that are left. Give them a commitment NOW. And give a commitment to all the portal guys too so they know they have the option to return if some great deal doesn't materialize elsewhere.

And edit - I don't really understand Mullins. He has a great chance to start next year. I don't see any $100K NIL offers coming his way.

Last edited:
Gerrits was put on scholarship before the season. Smith had some good things to say about him that indicated he has solid potential down the line. Hopefully not too far down the line.

I wonder what Yesufu’s plans are

So Cluff, Spencer Mahoney, Jaki if he returns like he said he could, might, Wells, Watts, Yesufu, if he decides to give it 1 more year because of his injury, Parker Gerrits.

That would be a pretty good core to build around for Eric Henderson of South Dakotah State, still a pretty good semi mid major level, tho technically still FCS, Big Sky level, program, pretty good HC, that looks to be the front runner, that if hired, if can recruit to WSU, etc, WSU/Henderson could, would, etc, semi easily win about, around 17,18,19,20,21 games

So Cluff, Spencer Mahoney, Jaki if he returns like he said he could, might, Wells, Watts, Yesufu, if he decides to give it 1 more year because of his injury, Parker Gerrits.

That would be a pretty good core to build around for Eric Henderson of South Dakotah State, still a pretty good semi mid major level, tho technically still FCS, Big Sky level, program, pretty good HC, that looks to be the front runner, that if hired, if can recruit to WSU, etc, WSU/Henderson could, would, etc, semi easily win about, around 17,18,19,20,21 games

And that core would probably rip thru the WCC

Please explain how WSU will "technically" be an FCS, Big Sky level program? And there is no "h" in Dakota......

And that core would probably rip thru the WCC
didn’t we lose to St Mary’s with those guys and the guys who we know entered the portal? I don’t know that we will rip through any conference, I think we will settle into whatever conference ends up being the best fit and compete, have our down years and our up years.

didn’t we lose to St Mary’s with those guys and the guys who we know entered the portal? I don’t know that we will rip through any conference, I think we will settle into whatever conference ends up being the best fit and compete, have our down years and our up years.
Worse we lost to Santa Clara

Reactions: Coug90 and 78Chief

With that core of players I mentioned, and assuming if have Henderson, and he builds around, to that core, recruits ok to WSU, then yes, that would RIP thru WCC.

In that scenario, if WSU beat everyone in WCC except Gonzaga, St Mary's, OSU, Santa Clara(A split), that would be RIPPING thru WCC.

WSU in that situation SHOULD be able to beat everybody in the WCC, except Gonzaga, St Mary's, Santa Clara, OSU and 1 of either San Diego(Split if lose), San Fran(Split if lose), maybe 1 other that rises unexpectedly(Split if lose).

That's a loss range of about 2 to Gonzaga + 1 or 2 to St Mary's + 1 to Santa Clara +1 to OSU +1 to either San Diego or San Fran

That's only 6, 7 losses, and a 14-6, 13-7 record in WCC.

That would be RIPPING through WCC, that would, should be very doable, IF IF IF WSU had Cluff, Jaki, Spencer Mahoney, Wells, Watts, Yesufu, Parker Gerrit, Henderson, whoever Henderson recruits, assuming he recruits to WSU ok.

Gonzaga and St Mary's are NCAA tournament teams.

In the WCC

Tier 1 (NCAA or NIT)

Gonzaga, St Mary's, OSU, WSU(If get Henderson, have the core I mentioned, etc)

Tier 2: (NIT or CBI)

Santa Clara, maybe 1 of either San Diego or San Fran

Tier 3: (CBI or borderline no post season tournament outside of conference tournament.)

San Diego or San Fran

Tier 4: (13 to 15 wins)1,2,3 random others

Tier 5: 10 to 13 wins, 1,2,3 random others

Tier 6: 7 to 10 wins, 1,2 random others

Tier 7: 4 to 7 wins: 1 random other.

With that core I mentioned, Henderson, etc, WSU should be able to RIP through most of the WCC. The WCC is not remotely close to being as good as the PAC 12. The WCC probably is a lot easier.

And the reason why Gonzaga has done so well the last 17 years, is a combination of yes Gonzaga being a winning program, AND AND the WCC being easy to be a big fish in. If Gonzaga had been in PAC 12, SEC, Big 12, Big 10, ACC, MWC, AAC, BIG EAST, Atlantic 10, the last 17 years, instead of the WCC, Gonzaga would not be where they are at today, would not have done what they did, and would have finished about middle of those conferences, instead of as the big fish.

The WCC is BOTH OVERRATED, AND UNDERRATED at the same time, it is better then what some think, but it is not as good as what some others think.

Basically WCC went from about a 3.3 on a scale of 1-10 to about a 4.3 on a scale of 1 to 10, where the PAC 12 would have been about a 6.7, Big 12 about a 9.5, ACC about a 9, Big 10 about a 8.5, Big East about a 8, MWC about a 7, Atlantic 10 about a 5.(This is a combination of traditionally, combined with this season, and not just only looking ar this season)

So because of that, WSU, the core I mentioned above, Henderson, etc, should RIP through the WCC, or most of the WCC.

Last edited:
Please explain how WSU will "technically" be an FCS, Big Sky level program? And there is no "h" in Dakota......

I said SOUTH DAKOTA(H), STATE is technically still a FCS, Big Sky Level program despite being a pretty good Mid Major.

I did not say in that post that WSU is a Big Sky level, FCS program

REREAD.

I said SOUTH DAKOTA(H), STATE is technically still a FCS, Big Sky Level program despite being a pretty good Mid Major.

I did not say in that post that WSU is a Big Sky level, FCS program

REREAD.
Got me on that one Mik. My bad, not enough coffee. You were indeed talking about SDSU's coach, not WSU's program.

With that core of players I mentioned, and assuming if have Henderson, and he builds around, to that core, recruits ok to WSU, then yes, that would RIP thru WCC.

In that scenario, if WSU beat everyone in WCC except Gonzaga, St Mary's, OSU, Santa Clara(A split), that would be RIPPING thru WCC.

WSU in that situation SHOULD be able to beat everybody in the WCC, except Gonzaga, St Mary's, Santa Clara, OSU and 1 of either San Diego(Split if lose), San Fran(Split if lose), maybe 1 other that rises unexpectedly(Split if lose).

That's a loss range of about 2 to Gonzaga + 1 or 2 to St Mary's + 1 to Santa Clara +1 to OSU +1 to either San Diego or San Fran

That would be RIPPING through WCC, that would, should be very doable, IF IF IF WSU had Cluff, Jaki, Spencer Mahoney, Wells, Watts, Yesufu, Parker Gerrit, Henderson, whoever Henderson recruits, assuming he recruits to WSU ok.

In the WCC

Tier 1 (NCAA or NIT)

Tier 3: (CBI or borderline no post season tournament outside of conference tournament.)

San Diego or San Fran

With that core I mentioned, Henderson, etc, WSU should be able to RIP through most of the WCC. The WCC is not remotely close to being as good as the PAC 12. The WCC probably is a lot easier.

And the reason why Gonzaga has done so well the last 17 years, is a combination of yes Gonzaga being a winning program, AND AND the WCC being easy to be a big fish in. If Gonzaga had been in PAC 12, SEC, Big 12, Big 10, ACC, MWC, AAC, BIG EAST, Atlantic 10, the last 17 years, instead of the WCC, Gonzaga would not be where they are at today, would not have done what they did, and would have finished about middle of those conferences, instead of as the big fish.

The WCC is BOTH OVERRATED, AND UNDERRATED at the same time, it is better then what some think, but it is not as good as what some others think.

Basically WCC went from about a 3.3 on a scale of 1-10 to about a 4.3 on a scale of 1 to 10, where the PAC 12 would have been about a 6.7, Big 12 about a 9.5, ACC about a 9, Big 10 about a 8.5, Big East about a 8, MWC about a 7, Atlantic 10 about a 5.(This is a combination of traditionally, combined with this season, and not just only looking ar this season)

So because of that, WSU, the core I mentioned above, Henderson, etc, should RIP through the WCC, or most of the WCC.
I think this is best case scenario. Assuming we land the right coach. Assuming we can hang on to most of the current roster. Assuming the kids who’ve already committed stay committed. That’s a lot of assumptions and hope.

The WCC isn’t the P12 but they always have 3-4 good teams, and a group of mediocre teams capable of beating a mediocre WSU team.

Yeah if you take this current roster and a proven commodity in Kyle smith we’d rip through the WCC. If you took our last 10 years OOC record vs the WCC (more representative of historical WSU hoops than this year) my guess is we’re maybe .600 to .650 winning percentage?

In the WCC

Tier 1 (NCAA or NIT)

San Diego or San Fran

We are 14-12 against the WCC if my math is right going back to 2010/Ken bone. I’m not sure in what world you think we are gonna rip through the WCC in the state our program is in. We went 0-1 this year (against a mid tier WCC opponent) with our best team in 15 years. Should we be .500+? Yes. Are we going to go 16-2, 15-3? Extremely unlikely.

The good news is the conference is decent with a couple of marquee matchups. And if we add 10K seats to Beasley we should be signing 5*, smoking Gonzaga and making regular trips to the final 4 overnight.

We are 14-12 against the WCC if my math is right going back to 2010/Ken bone. I’m not sure in what world you think we are gonna rip through the WCC in the state our program is in. We went 0-1 this year (against a mid tier WCC opponent) with our best team in 15 years. Should we be .500+? Yes. Are we going to go 16-2, 15-3? Extremely unlikely.

The good news is the conference is decent with a couple of marquee matchups. And if we add 10K seats to Beasley we should be signing 5*, smoking Gonzaga and making regular trips to the final 4 overnight.

Your right that in semi recent Ken Bone, etc, past, that WSU didn't do as good vs the WCC. Some of that was State of the program back then. Some of that was bad luck, injuries, some of that was those WCC teams just getting lucky, some of that was just UPSETS, as sometimes WORSE teams, sometimes UPSET a BETTER team.

BEFORE THEN, before Don Monson, Few, Randy Bennet, Kyle Smith(USF), etc, WSU and the rest of the PAC, OWNED the WCC.

Then during the Kyle Smith at WSU, WSU did good, pretty good, pretty ok, pretty decent vs WCC.

And the state of WSU's program is up in the air. It may or may not seem good or not. And if WSU does not get Henderson, and the core of Cluff, Jaki, Spencer Mahoney, Wells, Watts, Yesufu, Parker Gerrit, and whoever else Henderson gets, then yes THEN WSU would NOT rip thru WCC.

But IF IF IF WSU gets Henderson, Cluff, Jaki(Who said that he might, could return), Wells, Watts, Yesufu(Who said that he might, could give it another year at WSU, because of his injury), Parker Gerrits, Henderson's recruits, etc, then THAT, THEM, THEN would PROBABLY rip through either the WCC, or most of the WCC.

That's a SPECIFIC kind of SITUATION.

I did NOT say, and am NOT saying that WSU would rip thru WCC if they had a trash team, etc, and I am not saying that WSU would dominate WCC EVERY year, IF WSU was in WCC for 5 to 10 years.

BUT IF IF WSU gets Henderson, a pretty decent core, a pretty ok, pretty decent coach, team, recruits, etc, WSU would PROBABLY rip thru WCC, some to a lot to almost most years in the WCC, because the WCC is Gonzaga, St Mary's, Santa Clara, WSU, OSU, San Diego, San Fran, the other about 5,6,7,8,9 other WCC programs(Hoewever many of them left, etc, SUCK in bball.)

So I was saying a CONDITIONAL IF THEN, THAT THEN WSU would probably rip thru WCC

Your right that in semi recent Ken Bone, etc, past, that WSU didn't do as good vs the WCC. Some of that was State of the program back then. Some of that was bad luck, injuries, some of that was those WCC teams just getting lucky, some of that was just UPSETS, as sometimes WORSE teams, sometimes UPSET a BETTER team.

BEFORE THEN, before Don Monson, Few, Randy Bennet, Kyle Smith(USF), etc, WSU and the rest of the PAC, OWNED the WCC.

Then during the Kyle Smith at WSU, WSU did good, pretty good, pretty ok, pretty decent vs WCC.

And the state of WSU's program is up in the air. It may or may not seem good or not. And if WSU does not get Henderson, and the core of Cluff, Jaki, Spencer Mahoney, Wells, Watts, Yesufu, Parker Gerrit, and whoever else Henderson gets, then yes THEN WSU would NOT rip thru WCC.

But IF IF IF WSU gets Henderson, Cluff, Jaki(Who said that he might, could return), Wells, Watts, Yesufu(Who said that he might, could give it another year at WSU, because of his injury), Parker Gerrits, Henderson's recruits, etc, then THAT, THEM, THEN would PROBABLY rip through either the WCC, or most of the WCC.

That's a SPECIFIC kind of SITUATION.

I did NOT say, and am NOT saying that WSU would rip thru WCC if they had a trash team, etc, and I am not saying that WSU would dominate WCC EVERY year, IF WSU was in WCC for 5 to 10 years.

BUT IF IF WSU gets Henderson, a pretty decent core, a pretty ok, pretty decent coach, team, recruits, etc, WSU would PROBABLY rip thru WCC, some to a lot to almost most years in the WCC, because the WCC is Gonzaga, St Mary's, Santa Clara, WSU, OSU, San Diego, San Fran, the other about 5,6,7,8,9 other WCC programs(Hoewever many of them left, etc, SUCK in bball.)

So I was saying a CONDITIONAL IF THEN, THAT THEN WSU would probably rip thru WCC

WSU, IF THEN, then should finish 14-6,13-7, 12-8 vs WCC.

WSU, IF THEN, then should finish 14-6,13-7, 12-8 vs WCC.

I think this is best case scenario. Assuming we land the right coach. Assuming we can hang on to most of the current roster. Assuming the kids who’ve already committed stay committed. That’s a lot of assumptions and hope.

The WCC isn’t the P12 but they always have 3-4 good teams, and a group of mediocre teams capable of beating a mediocre WSU team.

Yeah if you take this current roster and a proven commodity in Kyle smith we’d rip through the WCC. If you took our last 10 years OOC record vs the WCC (more representative of historical WSU hoops than this year) my guess is we’re maybe .600 to .650 winning percentage?

I'm not saying that Kyle Smith, current roster, and the last 10 years OOC record vs WCC, etc, is going up against WCC. And a trash WSU team would not rip thru WCC.

But that best case scenario, in your words of Henderson, and the core I mentioned, and assuming good recruits, etc, that PROBABLY would at least semi rip thru at least most of the WCC, except Gonzaga, St Mary's, and would probably be about 14-6, 13-7 vs the WCC, and would probably go about 10-10, 9-11, 8-12, vs the PAC 12, before the 10 left.

I'm not talking about, and we should not be talking about what Kyle Smith, and his WSU team, and what the past 10 years of WSU teams would either do or not do to WCC.

I'm only talking about WHAT THAT BEST CASE SCENARIO WOULD LIKELY DO TO WCC, and that is that that best case scenario would probably rip thru WCC.

What I'm wondering is --- what in the ^%#*$( is taking SO long? Does the potential new coach have a player or two that he's trying to bring along? The Cougs need to get this done and start working the portal..

“BEFORE THEN, before Don Monson, Few, Randy Bennet, Kyle Smith(USF), etc, WSU and the rest of the PAC, OWNED the WCC.

Then during the Kyle Smith at WSU, WSU did good, pretty good, pretty ok, pretty decent vs WCC.”

First off Don Monson never coached in the WCC. And Smith didn’t do good against the WCC and the PAC owning the WCC 20 plus years ago isn’t relevant. The biggest issue is whether WSU can beat St Mary’s and GU because the WCC is at best a 2 bid conference.

“BEFORE THEN, before Don Monson, Few, Randy Bennet, Kyle Smith(USF), etc, WSU and the rest of the PAC, OWNED the WCC.

Then during the Kyle Smith at WSU, WSU did good, pretty good, pretty ok, pretty decent vs WCC.”

First off Don Monson never coached in the WCC. And Smith didn’t do good against the WCC and the PAC owning the WCC 20 plus years ago isn’t relevant. The biggest issue is whether WSU can beat St Mary’s and GU because the WCC is at best a 2 bid conference.

2 bid conference without WSU, OSU

3 bid conference with GU, St Mary's, WSU, OSU, Santa Clara vying for 3 bids.

That is not a three bid conference in my opinion. There were three teams from that list that went dancing so you might be right. Might want to add USF to the list since they finished ahead of Santa Clara.

What I'm wondering is --- what in the ^%#*$( is taking SO long? Does the potential new coach have a player or two that he's trying to bring along? The Cougs need to get this done and start working the portal..
My guess is since all candidates except Shaw were interviewed late last week via zoom, Schultz & the other decision makers want/need to do a second round in person with anyone they think might be the choice. That could not have taken place until today at the earliest. It's been reported that Henderson & Logie might be the top choices but EWU's Riley is still in the mix. And you never know, there might be a surprise candidate out there as there was 5 years ago with Kyle Smith. Reportedly, Logie really wowed them in the zoom interview with his vision of how to construct a sustainable roster. My top choice right now is Henderson followed by Logie. It's real quiet here in South Dakota regarding Henderson. Jackrabbit fans were actually more worried about losing their coach to Drake than to WSU. Drake has filled their vacancy. I think the Cougars will announce a new coach no later than Tuesday morning, but that's just a hunch.

Glad Cougar

My guess is since all candidates except Shaw were interviewed late last week via zoom, Schultz & the other decision makers want/need to do a second round in person with anyone they think might be the choice. That could not have taken place until today at the earliest. It's been reported that Henderson & Logie might be the top choices but EWU's Riley is still in the mix. And you never know, there might be a surprise candidate out there as there was 5 years ago with Kyle Smith. Reportedly, Logie really wowed them in the zoom interview with his vision of how to construct a sustainable roster. My top choice right now is Henderson followed by Logie. It's real quiet here in South Dakota regarding Henderson. Jackrabbit fans were actually more worried about losing their coach to Drake than to WSU. Drake has filled their vacancy. I think the Cougars will announce a new coach no later than Tuesday morning, but that's just a hunch.

Glad Cougar
My preference, based on the names I've heard:
1. Henderson
2. Logie
3. Riley

The gap of my excitement between Logie and Riley is big.

Reactions: mikalalas

Basically if WSU wins 21,22,23 wins, 14-6, 13-7, 12-8 in WCC, ok schedule str, quad 1 wins, no or only 1,2 bad losses, etc, then WSU gets into NCAA tournament, even if GU, St Mary's, and maybe either OSU or Santa Clara in, as the WCC, with WSU, OSU, can have up to 3,4 NCAA bids.

Reactions: justinbgocougs

Glad Cougar
Thanks, Glad. Why do you like Henderson better than Logie? Logie does have stronger ties in the PNW, doesn't he?

Has the WCC ever had 3 bids? I’m sure somewhere over the years they have but not very often.
Basically if WSU wins 21,22,23 wins, 14-6, 13-7, 12-8 in WCC, ok schedule str, quad 1 wins, no or only 1,2 bad losses, etc, then WSU gets into NCAA tournament, even if GU, St Mary's, and maybe either OSU or Santa Clara in, as the WCC, with WSU, OSU, can have up to 3,4 NCAA bids.
Now it’s sounding like the job has been offered to Logie and he might actually turn it down. That would really suck and show how much not being in a major conference will hurt WSU athletics when we can’t even lure a coach away from a Big Sky team

Reactions: Glad Cougar
Has the WCC ever had 3 bids? I’m sure somewhere over the years they have but not very often.

Now it’s sounding like the job has been offered to Logie and he might actually turn it down. That would really suck and show how much not being in a major conference will hurt WSU athletics when we can’t even lure a coach away from a Big Sky team

One year removed from Point Loma.
My daughter’s boyfriend had many interactions with Logie the past couple years and says he would be a great hire. FWIW

Thanks, Glad. Why do you like Henderson better than Logie? Logie does have stronger ties in the PNW, doesn't he?
Good question, Chief. I like them both and I agree Logie would have the advantage of PNW connections, but WSU doesn't rely heavily on PNW recruiting. Henderson has 5 years of being a D-1 coach, Logie only has 1 year. Henderson has averaged 22 wins a year and that includes a 16-win team during Covid when the Jackrabbits only played 23 games. In short, Henderson has a longer track record of success at D-1. Nonetheless, as noted, Logie has been offered the job and I hope he takes it.

Glad Cougar

Remember that WSU stupidly turned down South Dakotah St's Henderson, which is better then a Big Sky team. So WSU can get a Big Sky coach, can get a Mid Major, MAC, C-USA, AAC, WCC, MWC, etc coach, it's just that Schultz is too much like V Lane Rawlins, and is too cheap, low balls, etc, even tho WSU can afford it, and even tho he is tighter, cheaper then Ebenezer Scrooge

If Schultz, WSU wasn't being so ridiculously stupid, WSU would have a better HC from a better source like South Dakota St, WCC, MAC, C-USA, MWC, AAC, etc.

If Schultz, WSU is going to be this bad, stupid, etc, then might as well join the Big Sky, D2, FCS, Whitworth, etc, as that's where WSU will be in about 13 to 23 years of this shet happening.

My thoughts exactly. It will really be embarrassing to get outbid by a Big Sky school and will be an indication that WSU is no longer anything but a mid-major.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT