ADVERTISEMENT

Are we seeing Bill Doba 2.0

CougEd

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
When things started to head south there were no visible answers. Things looked desperate under Doba. Decisions didn't come in the flow of things. Stanford game I believe in 05. Down late Doba on 4th and 5 calls time out down by 5. After his time out he ran a fake punt. It was just stupid call and a stupid use of time out.

When things started to head south there were no visible answers. Things looked desperate under Doba. Decisions didn't come in the flow of things. Stanford game I believe in 05. Down late Doba on 4th and 5 calls time out down by 5. After his time out he ran a fake punt. It was just stupid call and a stupid use of time out.
Levenseller was the OC that year, correct?

I’ve never understood dumping on Doba. He was an incredible DC, nit sure was ever a fit as a head coach and his wife was sick with cancer when things started unraveling with recruiting and such.

Doesn’t bother me when people bring up Wulff, but just rubs the wrong way w/Doba. Besides at least he won some apple cups.

I’ve never understood dumping on Doba. He was an incredible DC, nit sure was ever a fit as a head coach and his wife was sick with cancer when things started unraveling with recruiting and such.

Doesn’t bother me when people bring up Wulff, but just rubs the wrong way w/Doba. Besides at least he won some apple cups.
Agree completely.

Doba’s assistants did him dirty.

Doba beat UW his last game. I will be in Vegas Thanksgiving week. I will wait to see the point spread....but I may put $1100 on UW if point spread is less than 20 (doubt it). That's how confident I am that WSU has zero chance. This looks more like Wulff.

Doba beat UW his last game. I will be in Vegas Thanksgiving week. I will wait to see the point spread....but I may put $1100 on UW if point spread is less than 20 (doubt it). That's how confident I am that WSU has zero chance. This looks more like Wulff.
Ironically this feels to me like one of those seasons we go in and upset UW. We are capable of much more. They are starting to lose their mojo a bit. Again, similar to some of those Doba a teams that were maddeningly inconsistent but ended up beating UW.

I wouldn’t put my wallet on it but for one last time it’s still the AC and weird things can still happen.

Ironically this feels to me like one of those seasons we go in and upset UW. We are capable of much more. They are starting to lose their mojo a bit. Again, similar to some of those Doba a teams that were maddeningly inconsistent but ended up beating UW.

I wouldn’t put my wallet on it but for one last time it’s still the AC and weird things can still happen.

We beat UW because that was the worst stretch in their schools history. Doba didn't beat UW in 2006 which would have put us into a bowl and might have given us enough of a boost to avoid the Wulff debacle.

There is no direct correlation between Doba and Dickert. We will know a lot more about Dickert by the end of the season. As someone else has said, it sucks to be Dickert because the deck is heavily stacked against him right now, but if he's really the man for the job, we'll make it to a bowl game again.

Reactions: ATACFD
There is no direct correlation between Doba and Dickert. We will know a lot more about Dickert by the end of the season. As someone else has said, it sucks to be Dickert because the deck is heavily stacked against him right now, but if he's really the man for the job, we'll make it to a bowl game again.
It's very difficult to consistently win in Pullman. We are always at a talent disadvantage and need a little luck to for success. Dickert has the wheels falling off the wagon right now. He needs to get the team playing together in the last third of the season.

Not seeing much correlation. I mean, pulling a single out of your backside to make some kind of point isn't hard to do, and honestly doesn't mean much. The fake punt against OSU worked out just fine.

And I believe you are referring to a fake punt against Arizona, that was totally obvious.

Not seeing much correlation. I mean, pulling a single out of your backside to make some kind of point isn't hard to do, and honestly doesn't mean much. The fake punt against OSU worked out just fine.

And I believe you are referring to a fake punt against Arizona, that was totally obvious.
No I am referring to a fake punt against Stanford in 05...and not just about one play. He had no answers on defense. He had no answers in recruiting when things started to turn.

Correlation...never been through the tough times as a head coach, meaning everything went close to plan. When things started to go off the rails they didn't have head coaching experience like Mike Price to right the ship. We will see if Dickert will overcome these issues.

Last edited:
No I am referring to a fake punt against Stanford in 05...and not just about one play. He had no answers on defense. He had no answers in recruiting when things started to turn.
How do you guys remember this shit from 20 years ago?

And it has been well discussed how his assistants (several Cougs among them) didn't do shit while Doba's wife was dying.

Go ahead and find it. 2 for 2 on fourth downs.

Go ahead and find it. 2 for 2 on fourth downs.
You are correct I wont find it. Faulty memory. No fake punt. 4th and 1 with four minutes left down by 10 he trots out the punt team. Then called time out. Time outs he needed.....then sends the offense back out to go for it and was successful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT