ADVERTISEMENT

ASU - I'm pretty sure........

I am anxious about a number of facets of the ASU game. Running QBs worry me. ST coverage units worry me. The O-line's ability to protect Falk from injury worries me. The crowd atmosphere in Martin this Saturday does not worry me. People are not gobbling up SRO tickets so they can spend the game in quiet observation. The more subdued personalities amongst us are not inclined to spend money and drive 100-300 miles to do in the cold what they can do from the comfy chair in their living rooms. Ignore the past. Martin is going to be packed and loud this weekend. Guaranteed.

OT: Read somewhere that snow was sighted in Pullman yesterday. I like it. If not snowing Saturday then at least a chilly rain might do. A cold and miserable day. A packed and boisterous Martin. A Coug team pissed at falling short the previous Saturday. A combination of the three presented to our guests from the southern Arizona desert should work out just fine. Wouldn't miss it.

I am anxious about a number of facets of the ASU game. Running QBs worry me. ST coverage units worry me. The O-line's ability to protect Falk from injury worries me. The crowd atmosphere in Martin this Saturday does not worry me. People are not gobbling up SRO tickets so they can spend the game in quiet observation. The more subdued personalities amongst us are not inclined to spend money and drive 100-300 miles to do in the cold what they can do from the comfy chair in their living rooms. Ignore the past. Martin is going to be packed and loud this weekend. Guaranteed.

OT: Read somewhere that snow was sighted in Pullman yesterday. I like it. If not snowing Saturday then at least a chilly rain might do. A cold and miserable day. A packed and boisterous Martin. A Coug team pissed at falling short the previous Saturday. A combination of the three presented to our guests from the southern Arizona desert should work out just fine. Wouldn't miss it.

A little bit of wet snow today.

A little bit of wet snow today.
Hmmm.....very nice, very nice indeed. Not sure whether to root for a temperature drop and lasting snow or just leave it at a miserable cold slush. The weather guys show a front moving into the Northwest over the weekend so we should see some form of precipitation. Shaping up to be an interesting climatic situation and one that I suspect will be to our favor. Also without doubt well appreciated by farmers in the Palouse after a dry Summer. Thanks for the heads up.

Where did you misinterpret my comments? One, with the premise I think it is an automatic loss. I said it was a concern. Just like Arizona's style of offense was a concern. Didn't mean we didn't stand a chance, or in this case shouldn't win, but it is a concern. Just like the lack of crowd against PSU hurt.

If we go between the 20's and score 15 points in the first half, and 12 in the second, and we don't put the ball in the endzone, then we won't win. We need to finish drives. Finishing is a concern. Doesn't mean we won't. WE didn't against PSU, Wyoming was marginal, struggled against Rutgers, Oregon we did and Arizona as well. Not so much with Stanford.

So where did you misinterpret my comments, from the general premise that we are doomed. Other than that, you are spot on.
So if the crowd is subdued (as you predict) and we win in spite of it, or the crowd is boisterous and we lose, I assume you'll be recalculating your Dads Day-WSU Football win/loss correlation coefficient?

Weather looks like it's set to warm up on Saturday. Forecast is for 53 degrees, partly cloudy, with wind at about 13mph. Not too uncomfortable for anyone. Nicer for fans, but I love the 25-degree games that have Arizona kids huddled around the heaters on the sideline.

Why? Cause the crowds have been subdued. No energy from the crowds and thus the team on more than one occasion has come out flat.
If the "crowd energy" theory held any water, we'd never win on the road. Yet somehow, up til this season, Leach's teams won more on the road than at home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT