ADVERTISEMENT

B1G and SEC doing B1G and SEC things...

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
I know this is going to come as a big shocker to some but yes, the P4 bullies are at it again.

In a commissioners' meeting they are already planning a 14 team playoff with the B1G and SEC exclusively getting 4 bids each. I know, I know, shocking right?

More P4 fckery

I know this is going to come as a big shocker to some but yes, the P4 bullies are at it again.

In a commissioners' meeting they are already planning a 14 team playoff with the B1G and SEC exclusively getting 4 bids each. I know, I know, shocking right?

More P4 fckery
Yeah I saw that. So this was the Management Committee (Commissioners) talking. Not the Board of Managers (Presidents). Well who the F makes what decisions?

Yeah I saw that. So this was the Management Committee (Commissioners) talking. Not the Board of Managers (Presidents). Well who the F makes what decisions?

It would appear that the B1G and SEC do whatever they want and everyone else just nods while sticking their hands out.

More P4 fckery
If there’s 6 slots for B12,ACC,ND and G5 that wouldn’t be horrible.

G5 is not long for a guarantee spot in the playoff, mark my words. The P4 has laid their cards on the table and shown that there is zero integrity regarding establishing a champion - this is about money.

To be fair, the times that a G5 team has been relevant enough to even be in the top 15 are far and few between, and challenging for a Natty... never? Maybe an old BYU team or the early 2000s BSU team?

What I don't understand is the fckery with continuing to act like a collegiate sport; maybe its to keep the G5 around so they can stuff half their schedule with guaranteed wins? At what point do the G5 schools grow some balls and integrity and tell the P4 to pound sand?

Reactions: Wazzubrooz

More P4 fckery
So stupid. What’s the point of the playoff if a 8-4 Penn state team is in over a 10-2 Utah team. Absolute dumb****ery of epic proportions. Its almost like they want people to stop watching.

You are still going to have years where the SEC or Big 10 suck. The SEC was down this year for ex. Why guarantee 4 spots when the conference sucks?

Well no. Better than the expiring 4 team model, which was dumb to begin with.

But as it sits under 5+7, G5 gets one of the 5 by default, ND gets one of the remaining 7, so G5 at least gets to compete for the remaining 6. A lot better than the above.

This Commissioner meeting. Wonder if Kliavkoff was in attendance? Assume so. Just wonder what the discussion was like? What did the G5 Commissioners say? What about Kliavkoff? What about ND? They probably would not be all that affected either way. And did they vote? No, I guess they just discussed.

So 14 teams. 2 buys (B1G and SEC). Remaining 12 square off, bringing round 2 down to 8.......

G5 is not long for a guarantee spot in the playoff, mark my words. The P4 has laid their cards on the table and shown that there is zero integrity regarding establishing a champion - this is about money.

To be fair, the times that a G5 team has been relevant enough to even be in the top 15 are far and few between, and challenging for a Natty... never? Maybe an old BYU team or the early 2000s BSU team?

What I don't understand is the fckery with continuing to act like a collegiate sport; maybe its to keep the G5 around so they can stuff half their schedule with guaranteed wins? At what point do the G5 schools grow some balls and integrity and tell the P4 to pound sand?
Not even those. The BYU that won an NC in 1984 would have been pounded by UW, much as I hate to admit it. As for the BSU teams, they were top 15, and maybe worthy of a berth in a 12 team playoff, but they weren't that good.

Oh, but what about the 2007 Fiesta Bowl? Sure. BSU beat Oklahoma. They played a damn near perfect game against an overconfident OU team, ran every trick play in the book, and managed to win by a point. If those teams play 10 times, OU wins 9 of them. The whole reason it was so huge and so memorable is because it was so improbable - and it hasn't happened since.

Not even those. The BYU that won an NC in 1984 would have been pounded by UW, much as I hate to admit it. As for the BSU teams, they were top 15, and maybe worthy of a berth in a 12 team playoff, but they weren't that good.

Oh, but what about the 2007 Fiesta Bowl? Sure. BSU beat Oklahoma. They played a damn near perfect game against an overconfident OU team, ran every trick play in the book, and managed to win by a point. If those teams play 10 times, OU wins 9 of them. The whole reason it was so huge and so memorable is because it was so improbable - and it hasn't happened since.
Only other one I can think of is Utah winning the sugar bowl and going undefeated before they were p12. They were no joke though, they smoked someone ok that game can’t recall who it was.

What's going to happen when the B1G and SEC are at the top? Who is going to stab who in the back first?

ND will always have one of the slots.
We are all saying the same thing. Let's rephrase. Big and SEC would get 8. ND, ACC and Big12 would get 3. The other 3 are up for grabs. only question is whether B1G and SEC have a chance to get one of the 3.

BTW, I think this is a ridiculous "plan" and hopefully will be shut down right away. How about those A-holes at least let the first year of 12 happen and assess from there.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
No not 5, and yes ND will get one. 14 total. B1G and SEC get 8. Of the remaining 6, B12,ACC,ND and G5 get them.
They’ve got to build in a qualifier even for the big 10 and SEC. Minimum number of wins, maximum number of losses, or minimum ranking.

If there were 4 spots for the Big 10 this year, Iowa is in the playoff. They never rose above #16 and finished 24. They played 3 top 25 teams and scored a total of zero points.

On the SEC side, #13 LSU would not have made the playoff (but Iowa does??). While better than Iowa, they went 0-3 against the top 20.

How does either of those teams deserve a playoff berth?

They’ve got to build in a qualifier even for the big 10 and SEC. Minimum number of wins, maximum number of losses, or minimum ranking.

If there were 4 spots for the Big 10 this year, Iowa is in the playoff. They never rose above #16 and finished 24. They played 3 top 25 teams and scored a total of zero points.

On the SEC side, #13 LSU would not have made the playoff (but Iowa does??). While better than Iowa, they went 0-3 against the top 20.

How does either of those teams deserve a playoff berth?
And you think they (the conferences) care... why? The more teams in the playoffs the bigger the payoff for the conference, and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

Should go to 16, but the Big and Sec want 1st round byes so they have an advantage,

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT