ADVERTISEMENT

Baker Mayfield will be available in 2017'

froropmkr72

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2004
if he graduates by then and enters grad school. Interesting. He might also enter the draft.

You're not suggesting he'd grad transfer somewhere else, are you?

It's a possibility. Does he have anything to gain from playing one more year at another school (like one that leads the nation in passing) instead of entering the draft? I'd rather see Luke in his senior year, but Mayfield transferring for a year would be a positive alternative. He may be playing for Oregon in 2017' and .......LOOK OUT! He's someone that could turn Oregon from a top 20 to NC team.

Last edited:
It's a possibility. Does he have anything to gain from playing one more year at another school (like one that leads the nation in passing) instead of entering the draft? I'd rather see Luke in his senior year, but Mayfield transferring for a year would be a positive alternative. He may be playing for Oregon in 2017' and .......LOOK OUT! He's someone that could turn Oregon from a top 20 to NC team.

He is the QB at Oklahoma, a school that played in the national semifinals last season. He is already on a NC team. Oregon is not a step up. If he had wanted to go to Oregon, he could have transferred there when he left Texas Tech.

Why would he want to leave a better program for WSU? Oklahoma has a Leach disciple as the offensive coordinator, Lincoln Riley. So, what exactly does he gain by coming to WSU.

Reactions: studed and YakiCoug
He is the QB at Oklahoma, a school that played in the national semifinals last season. He is already on a NC team. Oregon is not a step up. If he had wanted to go to Oregon, he could have transferred there when he left Texas Tech.

Why would he want to leave a better program for WSU? Oklahoma has a Leach disciple as the offensive coordinator, Lincoln Riley. So, what exactly does he gain by coming to WSU.

Nailed it.

It's a possibility. Does he have anything to gain from playing one more year at another school (like one that leads the nation in passing) instead of entering the draft? I'd rather see Luke in his senior year, but Mayfield transferring for a year would be a positive alternative.
Nailed it.

Because of poor, poor WSU....you really haven't nailed it. F' poor little WSU.....he could put up some big numbers if he wants to stay around.

Because of poor, poor WSU....you really haven't nailed it. F' poor little WSU.....he could put up some big numbers if he wants to stay around.

Come on Fro. You are all over the place on this one. Do you have information that Baker is looking to transfer? Or are you just speculating?

In your post above, you write that Oregon could be a NC contender with him. While Oregon "could" be a NC contender, Oklahoma already "is" a contender with Baker. Why would he leave? Oklahoma is in a much better position going forward that Oregon. Tell us why he would want to leave Oklahoma?

You are being ridiculous when you write "Poor, poor WSU." We all love WSU. But, Oklahoma is football royalty with seven national championships. This has nothing to do with WSU and everything to do with who Oklahoma is.

Again, as I wrote in my previous post, Lincoln Riley is a Leach disciple that runs an Air Raid offense. Mayfield is already producing ridiculous numbers and would at Oklahoma if he stayed around.

Reactions: studed

Dude, what are you talking about? It's not a "poor WSU" thing. He's already putting up Heisman numbers at a NC contender. He's not transferring anywhere, barring some type of controversy.

Reactions: studed
Come on Fro. You are all over the place on this one. Do you have information that Baker is looking to transfer? Or are you just speculating?

In your post above, you write that Oregon could be a NC contender with him. While Oregon "could" be a NC contender, Oklahoma already "is" a contender with Baker. Why would he leave? Oklahoma is in a much better position going forward that Oregon. Tell us why he would want to leave Oklahoma?

You are being ridiculous when you write "Poor, poor WSU." We all love WSU. But, Oklahoma is football royalty with seven national championships. This has nothing to do with WSU and everything to do with who Oklahoma is.

Again, as I wrote in my previous post, Lincoln Riley is a Leach disciple that runs an Air Raid offense. Mayfield is already producing ridiculous numbers and would at Oklahoma if he stayed around.

I didn't know they had reversed course on the Baker Mayfield. If they hadn't voted this way the second time....Mayfield would not of been eligible to play in Oklahoma in 2017'.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...-course-on-baker-mayfield-rule-004256947.html

Dude, what are you talking about? It's not a "poor WSU" thing. He's already putting up Heisman numbers at a NC contender. He's not transferring anywhere, barring some type of controversy.

If they hadn't changed their decision....he couldn't of played for a Big 12 school in 2017'.

I didn't realize his eligibility for 17 was even in question.

Personally, I don't think he should have even had to sit out 1 year. If Tech didn't want him transferring, they should've put him on scholly. He got punished for going to a school that would pay his tuition.

I didn't realize his eligibility for 17 was even in question.

Personally, I don't think he should have even had to sit out 1 year. If Tech didn't want him transferring, they should've put him on scholly. He got punished for going to a school that would pay his tuition.
He walked on at Oklahoma too. I did not understand the Big12's initial decision. He walked on at one school, TT, which tried him out and eventually passed without a scholarship offer. Transferred to OU, which also initially did not offer. So he spends two seasons with no scholarship and has to sit out a year? Doesn't make sense.

I'm glad it all worked out for him. There was no reason it shouldn't have come to this decision.

However, his complaining on lack of scholarship offers leaves a little sour taste in my mouth just as a college football fan in general.

I'm glad it all worked out for him. There was no reason it shouldn't have come to this decision.

However, his complaining on lack of scholarship offers leaves a little sour taste in my mouth just as a college football fan in general.

The more I read about his dad...the more he sounds like Arkelon Hall's dad. I think it was his dad who turned TCU against offering a scholarship. I wonder if WSU cool on him after a while.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...hung-me-out-to-dry-with-no-scholarship-offer/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT