ADVERTISEMENT

Beasley

The football suites have been sold out since the moment they were built. Waitlist is decent too, from what I hear.
You are correct as it turns out. This surprises me but I went to the website and sure enough. Sold out and waitlist. Loge seats sold out too.

Although indoor and outdoor club seats appear to have availability. I don't even know what they are - I've never been up in the rarified air.

The football suites have been sold out since the moment they were built. Waitlist is decent too, from what I hear.
Difference is the time of year and the quanity of the games. Much easier to drive to Pullman for a single game on a Saturday, than twice a week every other week during the winter months. Other than for a "big" game few show up any more. Many of us in the Spokane area are just unable to make the drive anymore in the winter.

Game times with TV also aren't condusive. They do get 3,500 for GU games in Spokane along with the 1500 students they let in the door to that crappy building. Seats are horrible, the stands vibrate so badly that you wonder if they are going to fall down. Have to wear a hat to keep the weird light thing out of your eyes.

I won't link it because that's a no-no, but Brand X has an article on A Night with Cougar Athletics, including a short interview with Chun.

There was a quote on Beasley, which I will copy and paste:

"Chun told the faithful that planning is underway for a new basketball complex and arena for the women's and men's teams. Beasley Coliseum is 50 years old this year. He noted that 11 of the 12 schools in the Pac-12 have modern basketball complexes, as do each of the four schools rumored to be on the conference's expansion list. More details on proposed project will be coming in the months ahead."

In a perfect world I would say sure. In the real world, I say NO. Beasley, while dated, is a big solid place with a great location. Renovate it, modernize it, expand the guts of it (who has been in the bowels? I have), sure. But build a new arena? Does that mean tear Beasley down? Or put up a second building elsewhere, which would go where? Out on the golf driving range? In place of the rec playfields?

Idaho's funky new 4,200 seat arena cost $51 million, completed 2 years ago. What are we trying to build? We need at least twice that many seats. Beasley holds 12,000 for basketball, and I am sure that many of you saw it packed during the Raveling, Sampson (at least that Cal game) and Bennett years. When full that place is awesome. We also see it packed during concerts and (my daughter's) graduation.

So what? With declining enrollment, $75 ? million in accumulated athletic deficits not to even mention the Martin stadium debt (2 different things), and an iffy Pac-12 conference future we are going to build a what - $100 million arena? Or $150 million if we are going to raze and replace Beasley?

A big fat nosey from this Coug. I won't give dime one for this insanity.
Chun has to be kidding. The football upgrades have left us broke, and they did jack all in terms of improving recruiting and revenues, and we now have the lowest paid coach in the Power 5. We have four coaches having WSU punching above its weight, two of them in that 50 year old Beasley. One in Bohler and one on a patch of grass. You want fans in the stands, you field a quality product, fans don't come for "the ambience" more than once. A quality product is coach dependant, and keeping quality coaches is all about the Benjamins. Build a Taj Mahal, but if Len Steven or Paul Graham are coaching in it, there will be 12 fans in the stands.

Oh man that was a beauty Socal. Yeppers we have some might fine coaches and need to keep 'em happy. I haven't heard either Kammie or Smith doing much complaining about Beasley. Our Bohler and patch of grass do a great job. Who has a football coach who gives 50 grand to things.

Spending 150 million on a facility that most aren't going to attend is just a waste.
are you presuming all the Spokane fans are old?

are you presuming all the Spokane fans are old?
Nope not presuming but how many are making the twice a week trek every other week? You ??

Sure aren't many butts in the seats. Pac12 Network has seen to that.

Nope not presuming but how many are making the twice a week trek every other week? You ??

Sure aren't many butts in the seats. Pac12 Network has seen to that.
I live in Spokane and have season tickets. I make 3-4 games per year and try to give away the rest. The list of reasons why I don’t go down more often from 1 -50 would have work/school night probably #1 , bad toads #2, crappy opponent like West Texas Bible Volkege #3 ……and #50 would be because Beasley isn’t nice enough.
I will say I have problems getting people to go down with me sometimes so maybe they would be more inclined to go if it was nicer? Or maybe they just think I’m an AHole?

I live in Spokane and have season tickets. I make 3-4 games per year and try to give away the rest. The list of reasons why I don’t go down more often from 1 -50 would have work/school night probably #1 , bad toads #2, crappy opponent like West Texas Bible Volkege #3 ……and #50 would be because Beasley isn’t nice enough.
I will say I have problems getting people to go down with me sometimes so maybe they would be more inclined to go if it was nicer? Or maybe they just think I’m an AHole?
Hit me up I have the same problem. Would love to get to more games but don’t know people who want to make the trip from Spokane. I take my son when I can but school nights and sports.

Reactions: 7ICoug
Hit me up I have the same problem. Would love to get to more games but don’t know people who want to make the trip from Spokane. I take my son when I can but school nights and sports.
I’d like to see them add bus service to the games from Spokane. They could even make it part of the season ticket package.

I’d like to see them add bus service to the games from Spokane. They could even make it part of the season ticket package.
That is a great idea. Do they even do that for Football anymore? Athletics needs to get their shit together on a lot of fronts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT