ADVERTISEMENT

Beavs vs Ducks

Ducks will win but Beavs didn't let it get away from them. Luton didn't play, so that was a big factor.

Glad Cougar

Beavs seems to be on the upswing. Not good for WSU. Stanford is regressing so that’s good for the Cougs.

Beavs seems to be on the upswing. Not good for WSU. Stanford is regressing so that’s good for the Cougs.
Oregon State is garbage. They’re on the “upswing” because they’ve been winning 2-3 games every season. Low bar. They won 5 this year because the conference sucks.

They’re losing Luton and (likely) Hodgins. Their defense is the only one in the conference worse than ours.

They will win 4 games next season.

Oregon State is garbage. They’re on the “upswing” because they’ve been winning 2-3 games every season. Low bar. They won 5 this year because the conference sucks.

They’re losing Luton and (likely) Hodgins. Their defense is the only one in the conference worse than ours.

They will win 4 games next season.

That’s how I feel too. Some of our fans keep saying that they’re on the uptick and that we should be scared. Why? That’s what we keep saying about UW. Leach has owned the Beavs. They’re getting better to some extent, but we just gained over 600 yards against them.

That’s how I feel too. Some of our fans keep saying that they’re on the uptick and that we should be scared. Why? That’s what we keep saying about UW. Leach has owned the Beavs. They’re getting better to some extent, but we just gained over 600 yards against them. I’m glad they’re one of our conference road games next season.

Oregon St got every break imaginable this year and still only managed to win 5 games. They are do for major regression next year.

Oregon St got every break imaginable this year and still only managed to win 5 games. They are do for major regression next year.
Agreed. They beat Cal-Poly and an ASU team who had lost 4-straight in Corvallis. They won road games against UCLA, Cal and Arizona.

WSU was really bad this season. The worst team we’ve had in half a decade was still better than the best team they’ve had in half a decade. They’re losing their QB and their only NFL-caliber player (Hodgins). They’re not returning a plethora of young defensive players trending up.

They’ll be extremely fortunate to repeat the success they had this season in 2020.

That’s how I feel too. Some of our fans keep saying that they’re on the uptick and that we should be scared. Why? That’s what we keep saying about UW. Leach has owned the Beavs. They’re getting better to some extent, but we just gained over 600 yards against them.

Losing QB, three OL, presumably Hodgins. Defense is still a train wreck. Smith will have to fill the OL holes with his own guys.

What does it say about Oregon when they can only muster 24 points against that OSU defense, with one of the TDs a kickoff return and another one set up by a fumble? Is Justin Herbert the most overrated QB in recent years? Maybe he'll light it up vs. Utah and their bowl game, but today's Civil War game confirms that the Ducks were merely pretenders when it comes to the CFP race. Sorry, but at this point I think the Pac-12 is still a pretty weak conference.

Glad Cougar

What does it say about Oregon when they can only muster 24 points against that OSU defense, with one of the TDs a kickoff return and another one set up by a fumble? Is Justin Herbert the most overrated QB in recent years? Maybe he'll light it up vs. Utah and their bowl game, but today's Civil War game confirms that the Ducks were merely pretenders when it comes to the CFP race. Sorry, but at this point I think the Pac-12 is still a pretty weak conference.

Glad Cougar
Oregon is absolutely overrated. They almost lost to UW and WSU. Choked away the game against Auburn, lost to a severely struggling ASU team and their offense struggled against Oregon State.

Herbert is a large, immobile, plodding QB with a slow release.

The Pac-12 is bad. Really bad. I said it before, I’ll say it again: Utah and Oregon would be fighting for 3rd place in other P5 conferences.

Oregon is absolutely overrated. They almost lost to UW and WSU. Choked away the game against Auburn, lost to a severely struggling ASU team and their offense struggled against Oregon State.

Herbert is a large, immobile, plodding QB with a slow release.

The Pac-12 is bad. Really bad. I said it before, I’ll say it again: Utah and Oregon would be fighting for 3rd place in other P5 conferences.

The ACC isnt impressive either. Im not sold on the Big 12.

I’d like to see what the SEC records looked like with 9 league games instead of 8.

I think the PAC 12 as a whole is wildly underdeveloped. The kids in the SEC look like they live in the weight room. The PAC 12, well, not so much.

Reactions: froropmkr72
The SEC and the top half of the Big 10 are the only competitive places in terms of overall team quality. Everybody except Utah in the Pac is a different flavor of crap. Oklahoma and Baylor are decent in the Big 12 but that league overall isn't any better than we are, and the ACC is Clemson and 11 Dwarves

The SEC and the top half of the Big 10 are the only competitive places in terms of overall team quality. Everybody except Utah in the Pac is a different flavor of crap. Oklahoma and Baylor are decent in the Big 12 but that league overall isn't any better than we are, and the ACC is Clemson and 11 Dwarves
Yeah, but those dwarves dwarf our dwarves.

Reactions: taf88

Glad Cougar
I think Oregon is a really good team with a QB that disappears for multiple quarters at a time. With a "winner" at QB they would've beat Auburn by 2-3 scores. Herbert is a physically talented bad QB. Has all of the measurables and none of the intangibles. The worst type of QB to have on your team. They're hard to unseat and drive you nuts in every game.

For some reason, (probably UO hype machine sponsored by Nike) Sports Illustrated put Herbert on the cover in its preseason college football edition....so maybe it was the famed SI jinx that kept him from being a great QB? Nah, he is an ordinary college QB....like you said, he's physically gifted but even Duck fans will admit that he's regressed under Cristobal & OC Marcus Arroyo.

Glad Cougar

For some reason, (probably UO hype machine sponsored by Nike) Sports Illustrated put Herbert on the cover in its preseason college football edition....so maybe it was the famed SI jinx that kept him from being a great QB? Nah, he is an ordinary college QB....like you said, he's physically gifted but even Duck fans will admit that he's regressed under Cristobal & OC Marcus Arroyo.

Glad Cougar
After the regular season some radio pundits were trying to hype Crystal Balls as becoming the greatest Duck coach of all time. As with all things quack-related, an acute example of premature proclamation.

Last edited:
Agreed. They beat Cal-Poly and an ASU team who had lost 4-straight in Corvallis. They won road games against UCLA, Cal and Arizona.

WSU was really bad this season. The worst team we’ve had in half a decade was still better than the best team they’ve had in half a decade. They’re losing their QB and their only NFL-caliber player (Hodgins). They’re not returning a plethora of young defensive players trending up.

They’ll be extremely fortunate to repeat the success they had this season in 2020.

They beat 2 bowl teams and hung around with us, UW & Oregon. It's really ok to admit they are far better than they have been the last several years.

Maybe this is just an extension of the "poopy butt" schtick you were doing last week.

They beat 2 bowl teams and hung around with us, UW & Oregon. It's really ok to admit they are far better than they have been the last several years.

Maybe this is just an extension of the "poopy butt" schtick you were doing last week.

Next season is a prove it year for Smith. His recruits are going to be filling holes on the OL and his transfer guy taking over at QB. Did Oregon State peak or are they still building?

They lost to Stanford and Hawaii by 3 as well. No doubt they are on the rise. How high will they go? We shall see.

They suck and so do you.

They lost to Stanford and Hawaii by 3 as well. No doubt they are on the rise. How high will they go? We shall see.
They lost to freaking Stanford and Hawaii. Exactly.

Their defense will still be terrible next season and they’re losing their QB, their only WR (who happens to be their best player) and 3 on their O-Line.

They “rose” this year because the conference was so bad and they were “rising” from 2-3 win seasons. They will be lucky, lucky, lucky to match their win total from this season in 2020.

They lost to freaking Stanford and Hawaii. Exactly.

Their defense will still be terrible next season and they’re losing their QB, their only WR (who happens to be their best player) and 3 on their O-Line.

They “rose” this year because the conference was so bad and they were “rising” from 2-3 win seasons. They will be lucky, lucky, lucky to match their win total from this season in 2020.

Did I say they were good? I said they were on the rise. You just said they were better than they had been. You’ll be the first poster I’ve ever put on ignore. Are you going to threaten me too?

Next season is a prove it year for Smith. His recruits are going to be filling holes on the OL and his transfer guy taking over at QB. Did Oregon State peak or are they still building?
I think they're still building. Pressing ahead and being aggressive with recruiting. Keeping their intact. They'll only get more competitive.

Did I say they were good? I said they were on the rise. You just said they were better than they had been. You’ll be the first poster I’ve ever put on ignore. Are you going to threaten me too?
Just put me on ignore, don’t waste time telling me. I don’t threaten anybody. If you’d like to meet up, we can. Just an offer.

The "meet up" offer is a sexual solicitation.

Glad Cougar
I don't even think he's regressed. I think he had a better year this year than he did last year, but he's still the same guy that shrinks in big stretches of close games. He's still the same bad QB he was. Didn't turn the ball over much this year, but doesn't do much to help either.

I don't even think he's regressed. I think he had a better year this year than he did last year, but he's still the same guy that shrinks in big stretches of close games. He's still the same bad QB he was. Didn't turn the ball over much this year, but doesn't do much to help either.
Yeah, he really took on the role of game manager for the Ducks this year.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT