ADVERTISEMENT

Big picture: 2024 is a transitionary year...what does 2025 bring?

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
Looks like we are locking in schedules as the Pac-12 (2) with a focus on what's next. Clearly the on-going fight with UW et. al. has created us to operate under the status quo.....and we have to finalize next season as their is no time to wait until spring to sort this out.

That said, of all the ideas floated around, I love (for obvious reasons) the idea of the ACC, Big-12 and the Pac-2 creating a super conference (or sorts) to compete with the SEC/Big-10. To keep everyone happy, I think you'd' have to have a tiered distribution of media revenue to support certain markets being in the mix. Not a huge delta, but some delta none-the-less.

Plan B appears to be raiding the Mtn West, but the scheduling alliance apparently has penalties so the assumption I have is that isn't the preferred option. I do think SDSU will be in the new conference and maybe UNLV (market, location, potential). Cal and Stanford have to be pushing for most of the band to get back together and next year is going to really suck for them travel related.

The fact that Shulz and Chun have been quiet indicates to me that NDAs have been signed and things are cooking in the background.

Reactions: Coug90
Looks like we are locking in schedules as the Pac-12 (2) with a focus on what's next. Clearly the on-going fight with UW et. al. has created us to operate under the status quo.....and we have to finalize next season as their is no time to wait until spring to sort this out.

That said, of all the ideas floated around, I love (for obvious reasons) the idea of the ACC, Big-12 and the Pac-2 creating a super conference (or sorts) to compete with the SEC/Big-10. To keep everyone happy, I think you'd' have to have a tiered distribution of media revenue to support certain markets being in the mix. Not a huge delta, but some delta none-the-less.

Plan B appears to be raiding the Mtn West, but the scheduling alliance apparently has penalties so the assumption I have is that isn't the preferred option. I do think SDSU will be in the new conference and maybe UNLV (market, location, potential). Cal and Stanford have to be pushing for most of the band to get back together and next year is going to really suck for them travel related.

The fact that Shulz and Chun have been quiet indicates to me that NDAs have been signed and things are cooking in the background.
WSU and OSU have to be careful about what they say. Any action that we take that could be interpreted as leaving the conference will undermine the case against the 10. A 1-year interim deal for football scheduling with the MWC doesn't reach that threshold - but we had to create a path forward for 2024 that still kept the conference structure in place at least through 8/2/24/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT