ADVERTISEMENT

Big Time WR

fsu, ole miss, Missouri a bunch of these schools are losing decommits, I hope we offer some and someone is paying attention

Visiting with his hs QB who has a PWO. The really fast wr from San Diego Lincoln HS I think is visiting as well. The 4 star wr/s Hester that decommited from Mizzou got a follow from Brittany Thackery which usually means a visit is in the works.

I saw that. There was maybe 10 snaps. Has to be more right?

A kid with his athleticism could easily have 800-1000 yards receiving his senior year. Where is the film?

He is for sure a big time athlete. I just wanna know what his production was.

Haven't seen his Sr. Year film anywhere.

I've mentioned before that I think our WR position, while deep, has been too one dimensional the past couple of years. We need a couple of kids who can take the top off of the defense. Guys who can command attention on slant routes. As it stands today, we have 5 WRs on routes who catch the ball underneath.

I've mentioned before that I think our WR position, while deep, has been too one dimensional the past couple of years. We need a couple of kids who can take the top off of the defense. Guys who can command attention on slant routes. As it stands today, we have 5 WRs on routes who catch the ball underneath.

Part of that may be because they run 4 WRs into 8 DBs. No DC is gonna let anything go deep. Keep it all short. Rally to the ball. Defend passes that you can.

Reactions: random soul
Part of that may be because they run 4 WRs into 8 DBs. No DC is gonna let anything go deep. Keep it all short. Rally to the ball. Defend passes that you can.

That's true, but do you remember a single 50/50 ball being thrown deep this season? It's the strangest thing. I literally can't recall a single 3 step drop, straight sideline pass or a jump ball heave on 1-on-1 coverage. We don't have a high point receiver on the roster.

That's true, but do you remember a single 50/50 ball being thrown deep this season? It's the strangest thing. I literally can't recall a single 3 step drop, straight sideline pass or a jump ball heave on 1-on-1 coverage. We don't have a high point receiver on the roster.

No deep pass.
No pass left.
No play action pass.
No run game.
No option.
No running qb.
No best player doing what he does best.
No creative formations using DL or extra OL as blockers.

Take away the screen. Let WSU have MB out of the backfield.

That’s the WSU offense. Swings, screens, crossers.

I saw that. There was maybe 10 snaps. Has to be more right?

A kid with his athleticism could easily have 800-1000 yards receiving his senior year. Where is the film?

He is for sure a big time athlete. I just wanna know what his production was.

I am more concerned about what we can turn him into. We are severely lacking in top tier athletes. You can't gain it through coaching. But you can make these types of guys better.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Just because AG didn't throw it doesnt mean we dont have a WR to catch it.

GM threw them regularly, and they werent going to Sweet. Patmon, Winston, Martin all on the roster last year and this.

Patmon and Martin are both perfectly capable, physically, of doing that. They just weren't asked to

WSU has 2 BURNER's:

Renard Bell, Fisher.

The problem with that is 1. Fisher not rwady yet, even tho ALMOST ready, and 2. Renard is too small, undersized. 3. Neither makes yards after catch. 4. Need 1 more.

What WSU needs is a 4 star WR, with offers from big time programs, that is 6 foot 2,3,4 in, 199, that runs a 4.29 to 4.39 40, a 10.2 100 meter BURNER, that can catch, that can high point the ball, that runs good routes, yards after catch, make a man miss in open field, run over, thru, a 5 foot 7, 170 pound CB 1 on 1 in open field, good body control, can get feet down in bounds on sideline, can get open.

And WSU should be able to recruit, get such a WR every 2,3 recruiting cycle years.

Asking for 1 per year is unrealistic, as well as 1 per every 4,5,6+ years is unrealistic.

But WSU should be able to get such a WR, 1 per every 2,3 years, what with WSU's record, offense, Leach, Pac 12, etc.

There is no reason why Ore St, and Utah, should be outrecruiting WSU for 4 star WR's like Hodgins, etc.

There is no reason why Ore St, and Utah, should be outrecruiting WSU for 4 star WR's like Hodgins, etc.

Sometimes a kid simply likes another place better. Maybe Pullman is too remote, maybe they've developed a special bond with an assistant coach, maybe the field of study they are interested in is stronger at another school. Who knows? It isn't always as easy as simply having the WSU coaching staff go hard after a kid. We've historically done pretty well taking 3-star wide receivers and turning out a top notch passing game.

Glad Cougar

Look at the WR rosters on the 4 playoff teams this season. How good would WSUs offense be if we had even 1 of Ohio States, LSUs, or Clemson’s 6’4 kids on the outside?

We can’t recruit their WR depth at that level, and I’m not suggesting we can; but with Leach’s reputation, why can’t we land 1 of those guys each class? Hey kid, how’d you like to get 15 targets a game?

Look at the WR rosters on the 4 playoff teams this season. How good would WSUs offense be if we had even 1 of Ohio States, LSUs, or Clemson’s 6’4 kids on the outside?

We can’t recruit their WR depth at that level, and I’m not suggesting we can; but with Leach’s reputation, why can’t we land 1 of those guys each class? Hey kid, how’d you like to get 15 targets a game?

IMO, I think there is more to it. 15 targets per game only happens to MB.

Also.... a lot of these 4 and 5 star WRs arent interested in sharing. These guys wanna be featured. They want a big stage. That isnt WSU. If it were 60 pass attempts spread over 5 guys that’s one thing. 60 over 10 guys may be cutting the pie too many ways.

If you wanna see WSU get in the mix for 4 and 5 star kids, the facilities need upgraded. Yes, Im aware they have just been upgraded. They are nowhere near where they need to be to land 4 and 5 star kids. Don’t believe me? Come down to Texas and we can walk on campus at UT and A&M. While we are driving there we can listen to sports talk radio talk about Mike Leach and how the WSU stadium seats 30,000 and how that’s a high school stadium.....

Personally, I am fine with the 3 star kids that WSU gets. Coach them up, grow them up, fire them up and get the to play like hell when the ref winds his arm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT