ADVERTISEMENT

Painful Admission Thread

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
Oh this is soooo gutwrenching and horrible. For anyone who stoops to read my interactions with Mik, we recently had a little difference of opinion as to whether Teresa Gould was a permanent (me) or a temporary (Mik) AD hire. So the below is from today's Brand X article on the hire. Well, I guess that sorta means that Mik was sorta on target? Oh the pain and horror.

Teresa Gould:
"I have committed to the two institutions to serve in this role for an initial two-year period," Gould said. "We agreed on the initial two-year period based on the agreements and relationships they have with the Mountain West and the West Coast Conference. We all felt that was an important commitment, that I commit to stay through the NCAA grace period and through those two agreements to make sure that we're collaborating and seeing this work through."

Kind of a lame read overall. Also though, an article about keeping the Puke-12 network alive for another year. Ok by me, except not as a full-fledged 24-7 operation. That is a worthy read, and I disagree with A LOT of what she says there.

Loyal, admitting someone else is right is the first step in finally reaching adulthood.

:cool: ;) :)

Oh this is soooo gutwrenching and horrible. For anyone who stoops to read my interactions with Mik, we recently had a little difference of opinion as to whether Teresa Gould was a permanent (me) or a temporary (Mik) AD hire. So the below is from today's Brand X article on the hire. Well, I guess that sorta means that Mik was sorta on target? Oh the pain and horror.

Teresa Gould:
"I have committed to the two institutions to serve in this role for an initial two-year period," Gould said. "We agreed on the initial two-year period based on the agreements and relationships they have with the Mountain West and the West Coast Conference. We all felt that was an important commitment, that I commit to stay through the NCAA grace period and through those two agreements to make sure that we're collaborating and seeing this work through."

Kind of a lame read overall. Also though, an article about keeping the Puke-12 network alive for another year. Ok by me, except not as a full-fledged 24-7 operation. That is a worthy read, and I disagree with A LOT of what she says there.
Well, we won't think less of you for that. Nope, we think less of you for many other things!!! :) Okay, just poking a little fun at you there, not to worry.

I saw the discussion about this and thought to myself about how we just didn't know all the details of the situation, and her contract. Didn't really have an opinion one way or the other, just thought we needed more info to know for sure. Turns out I was right this time. The thing is, in these times of 24 hour news cycles and so many different media outlets, there has gotten to the point that there is a real rush to be the first to announce/publish "the news". So many times the initial reporting gets things incorrect, or only has some of the facts. We all need to be more careful about sucking up the first report on something and running with it.

Loyal, admitting someone else is right is the first step in finally reaching adulthood.

:cool: ;) :)
Loyal is a lot of things. When it comes to righteousness there are plenty of others here who are well ahead of him

Loyal is a lot of things. When it comes to righteousness there are plenty of others here who are well ahead of him
Thanks buddy. I'm just a fun loving guy who can be quite serious, but does not take himself seriously.

I am a bit saddened that my buddy didn't bother to even acknowledge my painful admission. It took a lot out of me to write that. :)

Thanks buddy. I'm just a fun loving guy who can be quite serious, but does not take himself seriously.

I am a bit saddened that my buddy didn't bother to even acknowledge my painful admission. It took a lot out of me to write that. :)

I'm not saying what I am about to say to start a fight.

But the reason why I did not respond, is that I can't tell whether you are being genuine, and really mean what your said in this thread or if you are trying to get under my skin, or bait me, or if you don't even realize that thats what you might or might not be doing, or all of the above.

Basically I don't know what to think, make out of your posted thread, etc, here, so I figure the best thing to do is to not say much of anything, in this thread of yours.

But since you asked why I haven't responded, I'm responding with a explanation.

I hope that I have not been baited into anything, and that I am not stirring anything up by saying this.

Not saying anything else about this in this thread of yours.

Reactions: HCoug
I'm not saying what I am about to say to start a fight.

But the reason why I did not respond, is that I can't tell whether you are being genuine, and really mean what your said in this thread or if you are trying to get under my skin, or bait me, or if you don't even realize that thats what you might or might not be doing, or all of the above.

Basically I don't know what to think, make out of your posted thread, etc, here, so I figure the best thing to do is to not say much of anything, in this thread of yours.

But since you asked why I haven't responded, I'm responding with a explanation.

I hope that I have not been baited into anything, and that I am not stirring anything up by saying this.

Not saying anything else about this in this thread of yours.
Thanks for the reply. I was being genuine, in my smart-ass sort of way. Peace.

Loyal, to be a high quality smart ass, you have to start with the “smart” part. You are capable of that, but you do not always use judgment re: when to do that…just sayin’.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT