ADVERTISEMENT

Boise State Cancels Baseball...

SDCoug

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
Hamilton, MT
... swimming and diving. Done in response to financial hardships in the athletic department brought on by COVID-19.

I ran across it when checking in on a local kid playing baseball for the donkeys. This was their first year bringing the program back. That article is here if you are interested.

Is there any risk something similar could happen at WSU? I was under the impression we were already at the minimum number of varsity sports that we needed to offer to be in the PAC-12. Not sure what led me to that and I hope I’m wrong.

If it takes 2 years to bring football and mens hoop back, athletic depts all over the country are going to crater, not just WSU

Reactions: earldacoug
... swimming and diving. Done in response to financial hardships in the athletic department brought on by COVID-19.

I ran across it when checking in on a local kid playing baseball for the donkeys. This was their first year bringing the program back. That article is here if you are interested.

Is there any risk something similar could happen at WSU? I was under the impression we were already at the minimum number of varsity sports that we needed to offer to be in the PAC-12. Not sure what led me to that and I hope I’m wrong.

The NCAA would have to grant a waiver or change its rules.

College baseball has quite a few over paid coaches - 7 guys making over $1 million annually.

Scott Servais (a stooge admittedly) is in his 5 yr as Seattle manager is making $800k (not the only manager making under $1 million)

MLB has separated the talent acquisition (GM) and game management positions (coaching staff). The GM in MLB is considered the "auteur" and the manager a button pusher

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT