Head Coach
Sep 4, 2002
Game Line

NMS +34 (-110)
WSU -34 (-110)

WSU Over / Under Season Win Totals

Over 8 (-120)
Under 8 (-105)

For those unfamiliar with sports betting, what is interesting here is that the “betting value” is actually on the Under 8 Wins (-105). That’s really a great indicator of how far the program has come under Leach. The Over 8 Wins says you gotta lay more down ($120) to win a $100 back than the Under 8 at $105.

The O/U for wins is exactly where I would have placed it.

+34 seems like a good bet on NMSU for no other reason than season openers can be sloppy and the air raid with a new QB will likely experience some breakdowns.

The O/U for wins is exactly where I would have placed it.

+34 seems like a good bet on NMSU for no other reason than season openers can be sloppy and the air raid with a new QB will likely experience some breakdowns.

Lines are typicalky crap shot the first couple of games.

Game Line

NMS +34 (-110)
WSU -34 (-110)

WSU Over / Under Season Win Totals

Over 8 (-120)
Under 8 (-105)

For those unfamiliar with sports betting, what is interesting here is that the “betting value” is actually on the Under 8 Wins (-105). That’s really a great indicator of how far the program has come under Leach. The Over 8 Wins says you gotta lay more down ($120) to win a $100 back than the Under 8 at $105.
The over/under seems in the ballpark, or at least close enough that I won't argue it. But it definitely does say something about what expectations are now.

I think the line on the opener will tighten up. 34 is a tough line to cover, especially in an opener with a new QB. If it stays at 34, I think smart money says NMSU beats the spread.

Reactions: 702coug
Yes- I would take NMS and the points.
You have to figure in an opener with a +28 point lead, there is a lot of pressure to get reserves on the field for WSU, while NMS would probably be more inclined to keep starters on the field to work out the kinks. Of course sometimes putting in fresh bodies who are super-hyped might run up the score even more, but hard to say.

Yes- I would take NMS and the points.
You have to figure in an opener with a +28 point lead, there is a lot of pressure to get reserves on the field for WSU, while NMS would probably be more inclined to keep starters on the field to work out the kinks. Of course sometimes putting in fresh bodies who are super-hyped might run up the score even more, but hard to say.

Unless we are pitching a shutout? ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT