ADVERTISEMENT

Bowls...

95coug

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
Looking at destinations and scenarios a little.

Seems to me that there’s the tiniest of chances we could end up in the Holiday again. That would require that either Utah gets into CFP or Utah/Oregon loser gets another NY6 game. That would send USC to the Alamo. Holiday would then get to pick between us, UW (regardless of AC result), Cal, and ASU. Not sure they’d pick us in that scenario. Redbox would pick from the remaining 3.

More likely, Utah gets Rose, Oregon Alamo, and USC Holiday.
Sun, Vegas, and Cheez-it are the other possibilities, and they have to take based on order of finish. The conference right now has 5 teams at 3-5 in conference, 4 are already bowl eligible. Colorado has to upset Utah to get eligible, OSU has to knock off oregon. Assuming neither of those things happen, and that ASU beats UA, Cal beats UCLA... I think ASU goes to the Sun, Cal goes to Vegas, winner of AC goes to Cheez-it, and loser of AC has to wait to see what berths aren’t filled.

So, I think next week, this is what we root for:
Win AC (obviously)
UCLA beat Cal (leaves Cal at 3-5, UCLA can’t get bowl eligible)
ASU beat UA
OSU beat Oregon

That puts Redbox in the position of picking between us, OSU, and ASU. Sun picks next and can’t take us, as OSU will be ahead of us at 5-4, ASU and is are both 4-5, but they beat us. So if we’re not in Redbox, we’re in Vegas.

That’s my read anyway. Possible I’m off a little...it’s 2:30 and my brain is still buzzing after that game.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT