ADVERTISEMENT

BSB Preview: Cougs travel to Hawaii for 4-game series

WSU 6, Hawaii 2. Two homeruns, a 2 run one and a 3 run one by Montez. Bats are slowly coming to life. This season will be a struggle but we are slowly improving although the data base is still small. No fistfights reported between coaches in the dugout so there's that.

WSU 6, Hawaii 2. Two homeruns, a 2 run one and a 3 run one by Montez. Bats are slowly coming to life. This season will be a struggle but we are slowly improving although the data base is still small. No fistfights reported between coaches in the dugout so there's that.
Fistfights?

Good win, but 12 K’s vs. 2 BB’s will not settle well with Green. I expect starting SS, Kodie Kolden, to eventually get a hit and break his 0-14 start.

Fistfights?
During the latter part of last year's season, Lees got into it in the dugout in the middle of a game with one of his assistants. I think that it was with the pitching coach but my memory of the fracas is a bit murky. Reportedly they had to be separated. Our baseball staff was apparently as strained and dysfunctional as that of the football defensive staff. With a comparable record on the field of play.

Good win, but 12 K’s vs. 2 BB’s will not settle well with Green. I expect starting SS, Kodie Kolden, to eventually get a hit and break his 0-14 start.

Yes, agree. The bullpen kid from Hawaii during the latter part of the game was either lights-out or we were falling back into some old bad habits. He had something like seven Ks over about a little more than three innings. An IPF would be of major assistance in early season batting. Green is reputedly an excellent batting instructor and will surely be put to the test this year. Three more games on the Islands will give us a bit more information.

Do not know how others followed the game but the streaming video was erratic and with no audio. I finally went to an alternative site for audio and listened to most of the game there. Will try it again tonight but with little expectation. Reading some of the posts from UH supporters gave me the impression that this was not the first time that their streaming has failed to deliver a viewable product. They were pretty disgusted with the school's streaming quality. Don't blame them. I was not too happy with it either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT