ADVERTISEMENT

Budget cutting at WSU

Wazzubrooz

Team Captain
Apr 29, 2020
I have heard that everyone at WSU is being directed to cut their budgets by 12 percent across the board, no exceptions. That’s gotta be fun. No one ever said.

I have heard that everyone at WSU is being directed to cut their budgets by 12 percent across the board, no exceptions. That’s gotta be fun. No one ever said.
Don't worry. AD, football coach and basketball coach BiggsCoug will have everything tip top in no time. The 50,000 seat expansion of Martin will be done next week.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
Football coaches took a voluntary pay cut.

I suspect the other cuts will come from less assistants or support staff.

Don't worry. AD, football coach and basketball coach BiggsCoug will have everything tip top in no time. The 50,000 seat expansion of Martin will be done next week.

Some people make excuses and some people look for a way to get things done.

At least Biggsy has a coherent plan:

1. Fire deadweight
2. Raise money
3. Sell tickets
4. Win

Everyone was told a few weeks ago to prep for 1-5% cuts, depending on how much the legislature funds for the student worker union raises.

1. Fire deadweight
2. Raise money
3. Sell tickets
4. Win
stupidgibbons makes excuses. As AD, I would ban him for life from WSU athletics. His shit attitude and even worse personality can fck off.

Does this mean we won't get our Bob Robertson bronze statue erected?

Not funny.

I should have started a campaign a few years ago, but didn't have the drive or passion to open up a non-profit or GoFundMe.

BobRob deserves it.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
stupidgibbons makes excuses. As AD, I would ban him for life from WSU athletics. His shit attitude and even worse personality can fck off.
I'd be anxious to look at both your checking accounts and see who has opened their checkbook to the AD, which is the only metric that really matters when it comes to having a right to run your mouth on a message board.

Pretty certain Gib has Loge seats, or had. Probably upgraded to club by now. Hows the view from Ellensburg you fat fck?

Reactions: LeachPack
I'd be anxious to look at both your checking accounts and see who has opened their checkbook to the AD, which is the only metric that really matters when it comes to having a right to run your mouth on a message board.

That's a requirement to post here?!

giphy.gif

1. Fire deadweight
2. Raise money
3. Sell tickets
4. Win
You can’t be serious. He’d ban people who actively donate- that basically reverses #2 above. For the millionth time, Building a bigger stadium does not = selling more tix when you already can’t fill your stadium to capacity . This isn’t field of dreams. And if Biggs was the big winner he thinks he is, he’d be on the WSU staff, not coaching JV high school linemen.

Reactions: LeachPack

1. Fire deadweight
2. Raise money
3. Sell tickets
4. Win
It's not a coherent plan. It's a Christmas list. I assume for No. 5 he has Pamela Anderson and Heather Locklear giving Biggs the night of his life.

• Haha

Pretty certain Gib has Loge seats, or had. Probably upgraded to club by now. Hows the view from Ellensburg you fat fck?
I don't. Had seats in Section 8 in 2001 and 2002. Then moved to Section 25 because my wife wanted to be in the sun. This is my 22nd year there.

I was led to believe it was campus wide.
The information is inaccurate. The president had his "state of the university" address yesterday, and 12% cuts were not part of the conversation.
Cuts of up to 5% were announced weeks ago, but the final percentages were waiting on legislative action and have not been finalized.

That's a requirement to post here?!

giphy.gif

Have the usual losers chimed in yet???

Don’t join their big circle jerk of “I donate more $$$ than you donate!” lolol

They can all eat bawlz and follow their leader to the uw. WSU is better off without them, their loser thinking and the $10 they use in each hand of their circle jerk.

It's not a coherent plan. It's a Christmas list. I assume for No. 5 he has Pamela Anderson and Heather Locklear giving Biggs the night of his life.

Hats off to Biggsy if he pulls that off

Last edited:
Who cares?

Seriously.

Suddenly someone has to post a “viable” plan to save WSU athletics to talk schit on a message board about Cougar athletics?

c’mon.

D-Gibb, what steps should WSU take to help the football/athletic program reach its utmost potential?
I don't have a great view into the finances, other than that they suck, so my answer will be fairly general. We have some cash coming from the demise of the Pac-12. Prioritizing the use of that will be important. We can't just use it to survive the next couple years. Something needs to be invested for as much ROI as WSU can generate. IMO, invest a piece of it into fundraising. WSU never seems to have done that. WSU needs more revenue, and I can't think of another source that can really be tapped right now. Otherwise, be as nimble as possible and create or seize opportunities for a new conference.

Last edited:
Who cares?

Seriously.

Suddenly someone has to post a “viable” plan to save WSU athletics to talk schit on a message board about Cougar athletics?

c’mon.
Clearly, you haven't had the pleasure of reading Biggs posts of this message board for a couple decades. He's got all of the answers.

Why he hasn't been hired to run things is a mystery....

Reactions: UberCougars
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT