ADVERTISEMENT

Buying $15 ticket to WSU, Colorado, if get ride from spokane?

I misunderstood what SD said, Kayak.SD can give me a ride back, if I can find a place to stay, or a motel. So if you can either give me a ride back to Spokane, or find me a place to stay, an or get me a cheap motel, or a place to pitch my tent, until SD could give me ride back Sunday morning, then that would work out just fine.

I misunderstood what SD said, Kayak.SD can give me a ride back, if I can find a place to stay, or a motel. So if you can either give me a ride back to Spokane, or find me a place to stay, an or get me a cheap motel, or a place to pitch my tent, until SD could give me ride back Sunday morning, then that would work out just fine.

Mik/Kayak,

Thanks for the offer of lunch, Kayak. Couple of things, just to add clarity here.
  • I can pick up Mik in Spokane around 2:00 or 3:00. Have to drop my wife off at the airport in Missoula by noon Mountain time.
  • I can get Mik home on Sunday morning. I need to be at GEG by 11:00 AM.
  • Mik either needs a ride home (bus or person) or a place to stay Saturday night.
Mik - can you get a one way bus fair after the game? Not sure if that is an option. Also, rooms in Pullman are around $200 a night on game weekends so motel option may not work.

Kayak - thank you again for the offer. While lunch won't work I'd love to grab a beer before meeting up with friends. We can play that by ear.

Finally, I don't have any idea how to PM someone either. I suspect it's a pay membership thing. I let mine lapse quite awhile ago. Maybe someone who can do that can facilitate contact for us?

SDCoug

Also Kayak, SD and I wouldn't be able to make the 11 am time you named, as SD would be picking me up in Spokane at about 2pm to 3pm, and would get to Pullman until about 3:53 pm to 4:15 pm to 4:45 pm.

So could hang out before the game, if meet at about 4:35 pm, at art museum, or the CUB, whichever is best for you.

Will pm my cell number to you, as well.

Mik. I think you are making this too hard. Take kayaks generous offer to meet up with you before the game and reimburse you your expenses. Buy your ticket and take a bus (best option.). It gets you back Saturday night.

If Kayak cannot meet up with you Coug Ed or I will mail you a check to cover your costs.

SD, I don't think you can get a 1 way bus tix back to spokane on the cougar bus.

When I went to the WSU store, they said game tix were $15, and cougar bus tix were round trip, that cost about $15, $20, $25.

So how about this for a plan SD:

1. I buy game tix. When I do that I will ask if I can get a $10 cougar bus tix ride back from the game to Spokane. If I can, I will buy that tix.

2. I get ride from you at the time you mentioned. How about we meet at the Mc D's next to the freeway exit that is either on Monroe, or maple, because that is close to the North, South highway that go to Pullman from Spokane, and I live close by in Browne's Addition in West Spokane.

3. After the game, depending on whether I able to buy $10 1 way cougar bus tix from Pullman to Spokane, I either take the bus back, if able, or get a ride back from someone else, or find a place to stay, get help getting a motel room, find a place to pitch tent, then get ride back from you Sunday morning.

So that's the plan, because 1 of those things will pan out altho I don't know how, which one, but will trust that find a way to make the plan work somehow.

How does that sound?

Kougkurt, I will do it the way you suggested if I don't get a ride from SDcoug.

Either way is fine with me.

Woops, my mistake. I confused the Colorado time with the AC time. Got it into my head that the game started at 12:30pm. Why don't I meet you two in front of the art museum at 5:00pm. The CUB would be too crowded and we might not be able to find one another in there. The area in front of the art museum across from Martin should be fairly vacant especially considering the temperature prediction.

I am staying in a motel in Colfax. Single occupancy but with a double bed. If you don't object to sharing a king size bed then that might work. SD could pick you up easily Sunday morning on his way back through Spokane. If that would not work then maybe a bus back north might be available. Or sleep in the back of the p/u with a canopy. I have an air mattress that I have used in the past. A bit cold but doable. Or pitch your tent on some flat grass behind the motel. Probably would be warmer than the back of the p/u. Come on down with SD if you so decide and we will think of something.

That said, I think that kurt's suggestion that you just buy the back-and-forth bus ticket and let me pay for it is the simplest and most sensible. Buy a ticket to the game and one for the Cougar bus. I will reimburse you when we meet in Pullman.

SD: Yes, I think that the pm use is for paying posters.

Incidentally, if any one else wants to join us for pregame dinner at the CUB, you know where to find us. Art museum courtyard south of Martin at 5:00pm. As I posted earlier it would be nice to be able to put faces on some of the posts and comments.

Last edited:
SD, I don't think you can get a 1 way bus tix back to spokane on the cougar bus.

When I went to the WSU store, they said game tix were $15, and cougar bus tix were round trip, that cost about $15, $20, $25.

So how about this for a plan SD:

1. I buy game tix. When I do that I will ask if I can get a $10 cougar bus tix ride back from the game to Spokane. If I can, I will buy that tix.

2. I get ride from you at the time you mentioned. How about we meet at the Mc D's next to the freeway exit that is either on Monroe, or maple, because that is close to the North, South highway that go to Pullman from Spokane, and I live close by in Browne's Addition in West Spokane.

3. After the game, depending on whether I able to buy $10 1 way cougar bus tix from Pullman to Spokane, I either take the bus back, if able, or get a ride back from someone else, or find a place to stay, get help getting a motel room, find a place to pitch tent, then get ride back from you Sunday morning.

So that's the plan, because 1 of those things will pan out altho I don't know how, which one, but will trust that find a way to make the plan work somehow.

How does that sound?

Mik,

Sounds good. I will meet you at that McDonalds. Can you post your cell phone number in this thread? I will keep my eyes out for it. Once I have it I'll respond and you can edit the post to remove it or just delete the post.

I feel better knowing I can get a hold of you if I end up running late due to weather or something.

Sorry I can't offer a room. It's not mine to offer (and already packed).

Kayak, if you can PM, send me a message and we'll hook up for a beer. Or we can set a time/place on this thread and go from there.

SDCoug

Ok Kayak, that works for me. I will pitch my very small 1.5 man tent in your motel room if that's ok with you. It's small, easy to pitch, take down, put away.

SD can do what you suggested.

So if that's ok with you, SD, then it's a go.

If that doesn't work for SD, and if ok with SD, everyone else, then I do it Kougkurts, and everyone else's way of buying the bus tickets, then getting a check back mailed to me.

Either way is fine, works for me.

Thanks Kayak. I would need a ride back from you, back to Spokane, since SDcoug would be giving me a ride, and wouldn't be able to give me a ride back, so I wouldn't need expenses covered, as long as got a ride back, unless you wouldn't be able to give me a ride back until Sunday, Monday, etc, then I would need help with getting a $35 to $70 motel room to stay the night, unless I camped in tent.

So if that works out for you, then I will take up your offer, and SDcoug 's offer, and buy a $15 ticket, ride with SDcoug, meet you, hang out, go to game, after game, get ride back to spokane, from you, or somebody else, whatever you are able to arrange.

How does that sound?

All works for me. Ignore my last post, except the phone part. Mik, I need to be able to reach you if I'm running late for any reason.

SDCoug

Ok SD, as long as your ok with picking me up Sunday morning from Kayak ' s motel room in Colfax, on way back to Spokane, then it's a go.

Kayak, you got my number? Because after you get my number, I am deleting phone number post

Thanks you all for your patience, generous offers, help, see you at the game.

I am going with SD, and hanging out with Kayak, then pitching a tent in Kayak ' s motel room in Colfax, then getting picked up there by SD, to give me a ride back.

Thanks to SD, Kayak.

See ya all at the game.

Go cougs

Ok, got my game ticket from the WSU store in downtown Spokane. It is in section, area 9, on the Martin Stadium Map.

Then after that, killed 2 birds with 1 stone, by working out at muv fitness, nearby, after that.

Oh, and this is not to brag, but I challenge all the players on the team, to lift at least 405(that's 4 45 pounder's, on each side, on the right, left sides, and 45 pound squat rack bar),pound squats, 6,7 reps, and 650 pounds(That's 7 45's On Each side, right, Left sides, About 15 To 25 Pound bar), On Overhead Sled Leg presses (Its Where you lay down on back, raise legs up above you, put feet, legs on push bar above you, then push weight up, above you, let weight down, then up, etc.), 6,7 times, reps, and 460 pounds on the leg press machine, 6,7 times, reps.

I have pic, video of me doing 405 pound squats as proof.

Only reason I bring this up, is I am 44, and a PAC 12 football player ought to be able to at least lift as much, an or more, as a out of shape 44 year old man, trying to lose weight, get back into shape.

So because of that I challenge all the players on the team, to do, lift as much, or more than I can. Even the kickers, punters, QB, RB, WR, DB's, starters, back ups, practice team, walk ons, etc.

Imagine a RB, WR, DB at WSU, who can squat, leg press, etc, 400 to 650 pounds hitting the other team's players, breaking tackles, not having their tackles broken.

And I am only a old 5 foot 8 and 1/2 inches, old, out of shape, trying to lose weight, 44 year old guy.

So I challenge all the players on the football team with this challenge.

Don't mention my name, as I am not doing this to brag, get attention, etc.

Now if only my upper body was as strong as my legs, lower body.

I can only do a 115 pound bench, can't do 15, 20 push ups, can only do 30, 40 pound curls, can only do 7 to 10 pound individual arm curls, can only do 35 to 70 pounds on the individual upper body, arm, weight lifting machines.

And I have a size 38 waist, 26% body fat, 185.5 pounds.

So only my legs, lower body, is strong, the rest of my body needs a lot of work, lol.

I can only do a 115 pound bench, can't do 15, 20 push ups, can only do 30, 40 pound curls, can only do 7 to 10 pound individual arm curls, can only do 35 to 70 pounds on the individual upper body, arm, weight lifting machines.

So only my legs, lower body, is strong, the rest of my body needs a lot of work, lol.
so what you're saying is you're the opposite of these guys...how much ya squat?

If I'm kayak or SD, deal's off for me at this point.

Reactions: kougkurt
Sheesh, lol, just because I truthfully, half jokingly, half seriously issued a challenge, and said truthfully, half jokingly, half seriously, said how weak my upper body is, and how strong my lower body is, lol.

Sheesh, lol.

Sheesh, lol, just because I truthfully, half jokingly, half seriously issued a challenge, and said truthfully, half jokingly, half seriously, said how weak my upper body is, and how strong my lower body is, lol.

Sheesh, lol.
All in fun. And remember: stay off the juice...

Have fun at the game, should be a Coug Win

So I will pay $3 to $7 to help with gas cost. And by giving a ride, you get to meet another cough fan.

As to who I am. I have been making comments, lurking on the boards reading comments for about 2 to 4 years now.

A lot of the old timers on the board may know, remember me.

As to why I don't comment more, is because of no offense to those named, is Coug Ed, Chinook, Sponge, El C, Yaki, SC Glory, who get into illogical arguments, call names, etc.

I do occasionally find all that he who shall not be named arguments comparisons to leach to be funny, but most of the time just ignore them where possible.

But we are actually paid to get into arguments....hence we don't need to worry about getting to Pullman....lol
Hey good luck to you, enjoy the game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT