ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark - I was wrong

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2022
Remember when the Mighty Loyal One opined that Caitlin Clark should stay in school for another year? NIL money-wise, etc. Well, in a rare occurrence, I was WRONG! Caitlin is making millions off of her State Farm, Gatorade, etc. agreements. She of course is doing great in her rookie year. The attendance stats are incredible.

Per the link below (scroll down to see the breakout), the Fever as of June 30 have averaged 16,757 fans, up from 4,067(!) last year. Away game attendance? Fever average 15,333 fans, 5,000 more than any other team.

Watched today's game at the Minnesota Lynx, whose high water attendance this year is 8,769. Today? 18,978, a sellout and all-time record. It was basically a home game for the Fever, who won despite a shitty game for Caitlin. Lynx had 7,500 and 7,600 in their last 2 home games. Amazing.

You guys have to watch these games. Not only do we have some smoking hot young ladies running up and down the court (Lexie Hull of the Fever - wow!), but the fan shots - serious good-looking women of all ages in attendance. And some seriously good and rough BB.

https://www.beyondwomenssports.com/wnba-attendance-report-june-30-update/

Remember when the Mighty Loyal One opined that Caitlin Clark should stay in school for another year? NIL money-wise, etc. Well, in a rare occurrence, I was WRONG! Caitlin is making millions off of her State Farm, Gatorade, etc. agreements. She of course is doing great in her rookie year. The attendance stats are incredible.

Per the link below (scroll down to see the breakout), the Fever as of June 30 have averaged 16,757 fans, up from 4,067(!) last year. Away game attendance? Fever average 15,333 fans, 5,000 more than any other team.

Watched today's game at the Minnesota Lynx, whose high water attendance this year is 8,769. Today? 18,978, a sellout and all-time record. It was basically a home game for the Fever, who won despite a shitty game for Caitlin. Lynx had 7,500 and 7,600 in their last 2 home games. Amazing.

You guys have to watch these games. Not only do we have some smoking hot young ladies running up and down the court (Lexie Hull of the Fever - wow!), but the fan shots - serious good-looking women of all ages in attendance. And some seriously good and rough BB.

https://www.beyondwomenssports.com/wnba-attendance-report-june-30-update/

Replying to myself again. Am I really the only one on this site who is kinda enthralled with this Caitlin Clark/WNBA phenomenon? I mean shit, it's all over the national news, sports and otherwise. It's fun. And a F of a lot better than Trump/Biden/Who the F ever you want to spar over.

And I am curious - of the 79 views that I see as I post this, how many of you clicked on my Lexie Hull link? At least comment on that smoking hot athlete. Or maybe you are all a bunch of homos. No offense to homos, but c'mon!

Replying to myself again. Am I really the only one on this site who is kinda enthralled with this Caitlin Clark/WNBA phenomenon? I mean shit, it's all over the national news, sports and otherwise. It's fun. And a F of a lot better than Trump/Biden/Who the F ever you want to spar over.

And I am curious - of the 79 views that I see as I post this, how many of you clicked on my Lexie Hull link? At least comment on that smoking hot athlete. Or maybe you are all a bunch of homos. No offense to homos, but c'mon!

I've never bought into the Clark hype and don't watch WNBA at all. It's not that I have anything against the WNBA or Clark...because frankly, I don't watch the NBA either. The only time that I paid even remote attention was when I was rooting for Klay in the playoffs. Outside of that, I be that I haven't spent an hour total in the past 6 years watching the NBA or WNBA.

As far as Clark goes, I will give her credit that she is an interesting player to watch if you want to watch pro basketball. She has freakish range and is the very definition of a ballplayer. I'm not a fan of the "OMG, Clark got fouled by a black player!" videos that were too common not long ago. Too many other distractions to take up watching another sport.

She sells out every game in every arena she plays in.

Sounds like she does it without you. ok.

I guess that simply puts you into the “untapped market” category, right? 😎

I have been over the Clark hype for 2 years. It’s not Clark. It would be for anyone. Still, I actually have watched more W than I ever have beyond maybe the Storm. Was disappointed to see Brink’s ACL.

Looking at it more objectively, the “Clark effect or phenomenon” is nothing short of amazing. One player having this kind of impact on a sport is once in a lifetime type stuff. She’s done a great job year 1 all things considered of meeting the HUGE expectations. While I tend to think it’s not ideal to have so much weight on one player in the short-term (Clark fatigue is inevitable), ultimately it will improve the game long-term maybe somewhat like what “Dream Team” did for basketball around the world.

Agree with Flat on the “OMG” thing. She can take it and will be better for it.

Then it's confirmed. WW patrons don't enjoy watching hot women play good ball and work up a sweat. For a woman that would be "glowing".

My wife and I watched just about every WSU women's basketball game this past season and we watched them in person against both ASU and UA when we were in Arizona. I've got to be invested in a sport to watch it and I don't have a WNBA team that I care about and I'm just not into Clark.

Then it's confirmed. WW patrons don't enjoy watching hot women play good ball and work up a sweat. For a woman that would be "glowing".
I watched the women’s and the men’s final four. I’m not a big BBall fan and generally don’t watch women’s sports. I’ll say back to back, I was WAY more entertained by the women’s final 4 than the men’s. Not even close for me, the men’s was boring.

As for Clark, she’s bringing a lot of attention to the game that benefits all of the players financially. The hate she gets from players, particularly those who depend on their game check and aren’t getting any endorsements, is F’ing baffling to me. She’s putting money in your pocket, just play ball and appreciate it.

I was the one who you were arguing with back then. Seems I was right. I won't let it go to my head. Clark is interesting, that is for sure. I haven't watched a game this season, but I do know that attendance is way up for games she plays. Things seem to have settled down a little after players were going after her. I am not sure who Lexie Hull is, but I will look for the link.

Edit. OK, I looked up Lexie Hull. She is a local woman from Liberty Lake who went to Stanford. Beauty and brains.

Last edited:
I was the one who you were arguing with back then. Seems I was right. I won't let it go to my head. Clark is interesting, that is for sure. I haven't watched a game this season, but I do know that attendance is way up for games she plays. Things seem to have settled down a little after players were going after her. I am not sure who Lexie Hull is, but I will look for the link.

Edit. OK, I looked up Lexie Hull. She is a local woman from Liberty Lake who went to Stanford. Beauty and brains.
I did not know she was from Liberty Lake. Thanks for looking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT