ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Cooper

kayak15

Hall Of Fame
Apr 17, 2012
Mercer Island
Don't know if anyone else picked up on this but Cam lead his 5th ranked Utah HS team to a victory over the 2nd ranked school. Cam threw for 10 touchdowns in a 72-66 double overtime win. No, those aren't typos. 10 and 72-66. Must have been a fun game to watch for those offensively inclined. Brand Y has a video of the TDs.

Don't know if anyone else picked up on this but Cam lead his 5th ranked Utah HS team to a victory over the 2nd ranked school. Cam threw for 10 touchdowns in a 72-66 double overtime win. No, those aren't typos. 10 and 72-66. Must have been a fun game to watch for those offensively inclined. Brand Y has a video of the TDs.

WTF. That's incredible. Are you sure it wasn't a basketball game. :D

I saw the videos on the free internet. I find it amusing that Brand X shows the video on it s pay board. So they are seemingly profiting by showing free videos for a price? is this legal or just plain lazy and opportunistic?

I saw the videos on the free internet. I find it amusing that Brand X shows the video on it s pay board. So they are seemingly profiting by showing free videos for a price? is this legal or just plain lazy and opportunistic?

F brand X. Seriously, it used to be an ok place, even with the crazies over there, but having a paywall for basically everything is just stupid.

F brand X. Seriously, it used to be an ok place, even with the crazies over there, but having a paywall for basically everything is just stupid.

Agree that the paywall shift has made it worthless to visit the site. Their current tactic is to give you August to November for $9.99 with the hopes that you wont' dump them. I don't blame them for trying to strengthen their business model, but with the way that things went down at the finish of the Wulff era, I can't imagine paying to visit the site.

Agree that the paywall shift has made it worthless to visit the site. Their current tactic is to give you August to November for $9.99 with the hopes that you wont' dump them. I don't blame them for trying to strengthen their business model, but with the way that things went down at the finish of the Wulff era, I can't imagine paying to visit the site.

It wasn't just that. The fluff machine for all things Cougar is just stupid. No matter how bad it got you weren't allowed to criticize Doba/ Wulff/ Bone, Graham (yes, even Graham...). I wasn't and have never been a reactionary "fire X" guy, but when things stink I call them like I see them, which apparently isn't allowed yonder. Which is fine, the discourse is mostly tolerable here now that Wulff is gone/ Leach is winning.

But yeah, a paywall so I can access SID propaganda.... no thanks.

(screw SD Coug, too)

Last edited:

Cooper is a system quarterback...

Reactions: kayak15

Haha! Yes...... Brand X moderators are the epitome of Antifa internet message board posting style. You couldn't post one negative thing about anything WSU Football coach related without a lifetime ban. My CIS handle has been permanently banned because of such rhetoric I posted there (that and I put Brand X staff on blast for doing so). I still remember that crap article that Brand Y (cougcenter) wrote when Wulff was still coach that had a lot of posters from this board basically insulting our football intelligence. Completely satirical. I sure would like to dig that piece up to show exactly how right we were.

Haha! Yes...... Brand X moderators are the epitome of Antifa internet message board posting style. You couldn't post one negative thing about anything WSU Football coach related without a lifetime ban. My CIS handle has been permanently banned because of such rhetoric I posted there (that and I put Brand X staff on blast for doing so). I still remember that crap article that Brand Y (cougcenter) wrote when Wulff was still coach that had a lot of posters from this board basically insulting our football intelligence. Completely satirical. I sure would like to dig that piece up to show exactly how right we were.
"THE CRIMSON GAVEL"! What a bunch of self-important c***s.

I was on moderator approval for posting for quite awhile, anything I posted had to be reviewed by the gavel before showing up. what a BS site

I dropped my subscription there the day they ran an article trashing Doba and laying the blame for Wulff at his feet alone, it was such a disrespectful article that i have rarely visited that site since

The gavel.........ahhh, the good old days.

Back on the Cam Cooper thing, I watched the Hudl highlights of the game and we are getting ourselves an incredibly good QB. He threw a 40+ yard pass to the sideline without having his feet set. As much as I supported Brink because I felt he was our best option, we all remember the Frail Mary pass against USC. Cooper as a senior in high school almost matched that pass throwing across his body while under pressure. Awesome!

I will say that he needs to work on his mechanics. His release point is way too low at times and sometimes it looks more like throwing darts than passing a football. That said, he looks legit overall and the guys on the roster better step up their game if they don't want to hear people looking for Cooper on the field.

The Crimson Gavel? Jeezus, you guys really haven't been there in ages have you? That was like 8 years ago.

I was plenty critical of Wulff and never got banned, or put on probation, or whatever.

The Crimson Gavel? Jeezus, you guys really haven't been there in ages have you? That was like 8 years ago.

I was plenty critical of Wulff and never got banned, or put on probation, or whatever.
I mentioned something about an incident involving girls flashing "titties" at a game and got put in the moderating bin. Their puritan sensibilities sucked the life out of the site, as is evidenced by the sound of crickets emanating from their free board.

I mentioned something about an incident involving girls flashing "titties" at a game and got put in the moderating bin. Their puritan sensibilities sucked the life out of the site, as is evidenced by the sound of crickets emanating from their free board.

Their free board has sucked for a couple years. The luxury suites were where it was at. Plenty of traffic and info there. But, with the recent change of ownership, that too, has faded. Still probably the most active Cougar message board out there.

Their free board has sucked for a couple years. The luxury suites were where it was at. Plenty of traffic and info there. But, with the recent change of ownership, that too, has faded. Still probably the most active Cougar message board out there.
I look at their home page for one thing, which is recruit commit announcements. They suck over there, but they are johnny-on-the-spot when it comes to recruit news.

Last edited:

It wasn't eight years ago it was 2 or 3. And yes that douche wagon was hyper sensitive about EVERYTHING. He had his favorites that he would give a much longer rope to, you may have been one of them.

I got put on mod watch a few times and it was always for the pettiest stuff.

It wasn't eight years ago it was 2 or 3. And yes that douche wagon was hyper sensitive about EVERYTHING. He had his favorites that he would give a much longer rope to, you may have been one of them.

The part about favorites was definitely true. I'd say that in general, the mods weren't overly harsh on me, but there were a couple times where people were flaming back and forth and I'd get punked for saying something. Not that I didn't deserve it in some cases, but the enforcement was definitely uneven. Anyone who was saying that Wulff's time was running out (I was one of them) was more likely to get a shorter leash.

The part about favorites was definitely true. I'd say that in general, the mods weren't overly harsh on me, but there were a couple times where people were flaming back and forth and I'd get punked for saying something. Not that I didn't deserve it in some cases, but the enforcement was definitely uneven. Anyone who was saying that Wulff's time was running out (I was one of them) was more likely to get a shorter leash.

My first mod ban was for calling an Oregon fan a moron, which I think most would agree is a pretty apt description of most of their fan base. Don't remember the context but it was pretty take.

After that it was for "starting pissing matches" , which translates to disagreeing with board/mod favorites. You know, pointing out stuff like "Wullf ended 2 qbs careers in 1 game, and another's later". Calling SD Doug on his "I know Moos and he told me everything is great" bs. That alone will get you a lifetime ban over there.

Pretty sure the Crimson Gavel was Wulff era. That would have been closer to 8 years ago than 2.

Regardless, I don't care. I'm not here to be the Brand X poster boy. I gobble up as much Coug info as I can. Here, Brand X, Brand Y, whatever. If you guys want to hate a source of Cougar information & discussion because someone ticked you off 8 years ago, that's your choice.

Reactions: earldacoug
Regardless, I don't care. I'm not here to be the Brand X poster boy. I gobble up as much Coug info as I can. Here, Brand X, Brand Y, whatever. If you guys want to hate a source of Cougar information & discussion because someone ticked you off 8 years ago, that's your choice.

Like I said in my first post.....I don't hold any real grudges against them, I just won't pay to be on the site. That's more fiscal responsibility than anything else. I'd rather give WSU an extra $100 per year.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
I'm a petty bastard that definitely holds grudges, so to hell with 'em!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT