ADVERTISEMENT

Can we talk actual logistics instead of conjecture?

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
What we know: we should have some sort of idea of the money situation in a couple of weeks. Or at least whether or not we'll get to dictate how it goes.

According to what Schulz said about the athletic budget going forward, we won't be able to afford CJD at his current salary.

OSU and WSU are content to become the Pac 2 for the next two years. Apparently this is going to consist of a scheduling alliance with the MWC plus an annual ass-fcking from UW (yea...).

What did I forget?

What we know: we should have some sort of idea of the money situation in a couple of weeks. Or at least whether or not we'll get to dictate how it goes.

According to what Schulz said about the athletic budget going forward, we won't be able to afford CJD at his current salary.

OSU and WSU are content to become the Pac 2 for the next two years. Apparently this is going to consist of a scheduling alliance with the MWC plus an annual ass-fcking from UW (yea...).

What did I forget?

I don't see how WSU will get around contract obligations. Once the contracts expire, however, it will be a different story. No idea what assistants may have multi-year deals. For the budget ax- non-coaching positions , recruiting budgets, travel budgets, academic support budgets, degree completion, and every other thing you can imagine.

Rumor is the schedule will be release today or tomorrow. MWC scheduling alliance, OSU, the so-called Apple Cup, and maybe a game with Texas Tech.

I don't see how WSU will get around contract obligations. Once the contracts expire, however, it will be a different story. No idea what assistants may have multi-year deals. For the budget ax- non-coaching positions , recruiting budgets, travel budgets, academic support budgets, degree completion, and every other thing you can imagine.

Rumor is the schedule will be release today or tomorrow. MWC scheduling alliance, OSU, the so-called Apple Cup, and maybe a game with Texas Tech.
Texas Tech? Why?

Oregon Legislature wants the Civil War to continue. The only opening that would work is the day Oregon is scheduled to play TT so they and TT have agreed to swap WSU for Oregon.

Oregon Legislature wants the Civil War to continue. The only opening that would work is the day Oregon is scheduled to play TT so they and TT have agreed to swap WSU for Oregon.
Is Oregon going cover WSU's payment to TT for helping UO out? They should.

what kool-aid are your drinking?

I'm assuming it'll be on the road, we'll most likely be breaking in a new QB and who knows how many other new kids due to the inevitable exodus.
Apparently the rumor I have read is WSU would host TTU.

I just want to know if this goes through if Oregon is footing the bill for the help. Because they should. Otherwise WSU is doing too many favors: first the Apple Cup and then this.

I just want to know if this goes through if Oregon is footing the bill for the help. Because they should. Otherwise WSU is doing too many favors: first the Apple Cup and then this.
You’re right. We should drive a hard bargain. Especially with only 5 games for next year and no conference. We should only expect a P5 OOC game in Pullman every 25 years and we had one last year so who cares if we play New Mexico State instead?

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

Reactions: UberCougars
You’re right. We should drive a hard bargain. Especially with only 5 games for next year and no conference. We should only expect a P5 OOC game in Pullman every 25 years and we had one last year so who cares if we play New Mexico State instead?

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.
So WSU is supposed to help both UO and UW solve their scheduling problems while they destroy WSU? Okay.

Oregon should pay for the game. If they want the help to play OSU in 2024, they can help subsidize the cost for the TTU game they have to abandon. They have no other option.

WSU should look out for WSU.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz

yes, we've become the traitors' gimp.

So WSU is supposed to help both UO and UW solve their scheduling problems while they destroy WSU? Okay.

Oregon should pay for the game. If they want the help to play OSU in 2024, they can help subsidize the cost for the TTU game they have to abandon. They have no other option.

WSU should look out for WSU.
Oregon is being pressured to play OSU but TT doesn’t have to play WSU.

The twitters indicated an announcement for OSU and conference affiliation is due within the next 48 hours.

Could be total BS. Could be on point.

Prepare yourself for getting left at the altar. Or going along for the ride.

The twitters indicated an announcement for OSU and conference affiliation is due within the next 48 hours.

I think it's just scheduling. "Conference affiliation" for 2024 could mean a MWC alliance.

I saw that OSU will announce a conference affiliation in the next 48 hours. No idea how legit.

WSU JUST WON 75 TO 150 MILLION IN PAC MONEY FROM THE 10, THAT THEY CAN USE TO DO THINGS LIKE I DONT KNOW, HOW ABOUT CONTINUING TO PAY DICKERT'S SALARY, ETC.

So for a VERY LONG time, WSU should have no problem paying Dickert's Salary.

Oregon is being pressured to play OSU but TT doesn’t have to play WSU.
Sure TTU doesn't, but there's very few options open for that date. You don't think they would rather host than come to Pullman?

Again, WSU is doing too many favors for others.

There will not be any conference affiliation announcement until after 8/1/24.

Reactions: UberCougars
Sure TTU doesn't, but there's very few options open for that date. You don't think they would rather host than come to Pullman?

Again, WSU is doing too many favors for others.
It looks to me like WSU is fighting to survive 2024. If somehow this helps others, so be it.

Reactions: kougkurt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT