ADVERTISEMENT

Celtics-76ers Game 1

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
Reactions: M-I-Coug
5PM tonight on TNT.

A big matchup between Baynes and Embiid in the middle. Embiid is clearly qucker and better, Celtics hope that Baynes can at least play him tough and limit him. Biggest key is for Baynes to stay out of foul trouble, which he did pretty well against Milwaukee in the first round (albeit in limited minutes)

https://www.celticsblog.com/2018/4/...-joel-embiid-aron-baynes-dario-saric#comments
Embiid is one of the best young players in the game and Baynes will have his hands full, probably too full. If the Celtics plan on trying to limit Embiid's contribution they need to gameplan for it and make sure Baynes has help.

Embiid is one of the best young players in the game and Baynes will have his hands full, probably too full. If the Celtics plan on trying to limit Embiid's contribution they need to gameplan for it and make sure Baynes has help.
I would think they go to Hofford on Embiid rather than Baynes but I barely follow what's going on until at least the Conference finals.

I would think they go to Hofford on Embiid rather than Baynes but I barely follow what's going on until at least the Conference finals.

Well I barely follow the Celtics either :rolleyes: but they want Horford on Simmons. Baynes is only good for 7-8 minute stretches (gets tired, gets into foul trouble), and has only gone 30 minutes a couple of times all year. So Horford or someone else (Monroe?) will be on Embliid much of the game anyway. But if Baynes can wear Embliid down while not giving him the farm that will allow others to pick up the slack from there. Staying out of foul trouble is the key for 'ol Baynesie.

Well I barely follow the Celtics either :rolleyes: but they want Horford on Simmons. Baynes is only good for 7-8 minute stretches (gets tired, gets into foul trouble), and has only gone 30 minutes a couple of times all year. So Horford or someone else (Monroe?) will be on Embliid much of the game anyway. But if Baynes can wear Embliid down while not giving him the farm that will allow others to pick up the slack from there. Staying out of foul trouble is the key for 'ol Baynesie.
Horford is too small for Embiid so I was way off there. Too quick for Baynes though. I remember the Sixer/Celtic playoff battles back in the day as must see TV. This is a good matchup but I'm not quite feeling it the same way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT