ADVERTISEMENT

CFB news tidbits - UAB, Mark May, and WSU on TV

95coug

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
Sure, it's OT, but there's not much going on and it seems better to talk about unrelated news than to continue beating various dead horses.

Tidbit #1: Seems that UAB has changed their minds, under pressure from the fans. They're not going to cut football after all. Story link here

Tidbit #2: Seems that ESPN has decided that after Lou Holtz improved their programming by retiring, they should improve it more by dumping windbag Mark May. Another link here. He's always been clueless and irritating. The only time he wasn't the worst football announcer out there was when he was paired with Trev Alberts.

Tidbit #3: The early TV pickups have been announced (linked on front page). WSU has 3 so far: Portland State and Wyoming on Pac-12 Network, Apple Cup on one of the Fox channels. On the negative side, the PSU game now starts at 11 AM, so we've already lost any of the day-tripping fans who have kids in soccer, etc. The Wyoming game is at 5:30.

#1. Amazingly dumbfounding. Great they are finding their way back but wow. Not a path that anyone should take for a program. Would love to know what student-athletes are gonna go there to play. Would love to know what coaches would like to be in that atmosphere of love from that AD/President.

#2 'Bout time.

#3 While the PSU game time isn't great, I'm not surprised. That is a slot for TV, if I ever saw one. No one is going to give a rip about that game outside the few PSU fans and WSU. They aren't going to give a game like that, any prime slot. Sucks but I get it. Should be a fun game for those that can get to it, though. That football's laces is going to fall off by the end of the game, it's gonna be thrown so much. I'm actually looking forward to that game a great deal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT