ADVERTISEMENT

Chaz to the Pack

I hate being right.

Like rats from a sinking ship. Hate to use that analogy for Chaz bc he seems like a good dude, but any other analogy escapes me at this time.

Reactions: Suudy
A good guy. I wish him the best. Two things to remember:

- it is never a bad thing to have friends scattered around outside your normal back yard. You never know when they can help...with behind the curtain info, if nothing else.
- While I hate losing good people, I like being known as a place where a top performer can go to earn the next step up. It would be much, much worse to be perceived as a career dead end location. We are perceived as the opposite of that.

There are going to be frequent kicks to the balls over the immediate future. This is another one of them.
No doubt, unfortunately.

- it is never a bad thing to have friends scattered around outside your normal back yard. You never know when they can help...with behind the curtain info, if nothing else.
- While I hate losing good people, I like being known as a place where a top performer can go to earn the next step up. It would be much, much worse to be perceived as a career dead end location. We are perceived as the opposite of that.
Chaz was on with Ian and indicated the same thing. NC State opened, it's a "bigger gig" (Ian's words), and his wife's hometown is a couple hours away. Media jobs don't open often.

The BobRob days are over. Young people with options aren't signing up for Pullman living for 10+ years. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Think I've written it before, but if not, yeah, anyone with other options in P5 is going to bail at some point if they haven't already. If you really need more examples, the only limiter on that is going to be nobody left from the P5 days.

Chaz seems like he could be posed for bigger and better things. I think he did a great job for WSU.

Looking forward to the next "up and comer"....would be great if it was a Coug and someone who will be doing Monday Night Football in 20 years.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Chaz seems like he could be posed for bigger and better things. I think he did a great job for WSU.

Looking forward to the next "up and comer"....would be great if it was a Coug and someone who will be doing Monday Night Football in 20 years.
Exactly!!

Are we? Will we be for long?

We'll learn a lot over the next two years as we see what the administration does to either support or sink the athletic department. First think I'd like to see is to cut the admin bloat and get what money we do have to the right people and places to make a the most difference. No, I don't believe that is happening now nor that is has happened much over the past several years.

Agreed. He has a great voice and says all the right things to enhance the game. I can see him climbing the ladder and going national in college or perhaps doing NBA games at some point.

Honestly, I was surprised he stayed as long as he did. I thought he would be in Pullman for a few years and then leave. That he stayed as long as he did, I thought that maybe he did want to make WSU his forever home. Silly me.

To tell you the truth, I watch Cougar football and basketball games on TV. The only times I ever saw him was on the occasional times I would watch the coaches show. This is not like listening to Bob Robertson because the radio was all we had.

I wish him well, but Chaz will be replaced, and life will go on. I wonder if they go national again, or hire someone local like Ian?

Reactions: 425cougfan
Does anyone have Darrell Aune's phone number at Linfield ?

Began his career at KWSU AM , Pullman - I ran the board for his last evening sports cast. He was feeling no pain - still came across very professional. Graduated 1967.

Cougar -> Beaver -> Cougar ?

Does anyone have Darrell Aune's phone number at Linfield ?

Began his career at KWSU AM , Pullman - I ran the board for his last evening sports cast. He was feeling no pain - still came across very professional. Graduated 1967.

Cougar -> Beaver -> Cougar ?
Too old.

We only elect Presidents that are 75+

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT