ADVERTISEMENT

New QB committed

That offer sheet is pretty nice. Funny how before you go to "complete team list," it shows the best other offer of Colorado State. But supposedly he had offers from Georgia, Texas A&M, Utah, Kansas, Minnesota, Purdue, and others as well. I'll suspend my disbelief on some of those a little and just go with it.

Reactions: kougkurt
Seemingly a perfect type of recruit for us. Massive programs like Georgia, Texas A&M, Utah and Purdue offered him early, but his short stature likely cooled their interest and he fell to us. Their loss is our gain.

Dude ran a 10.64 100M with several other times under 10.8. That's blazing for a QB. Very interesting kid to follow.

Reactions: 425cougfan
The other “big” offers might have dried up if those programs got others. The only knock on him is his height and size. Seems to have the arm talent and he can definitely run at 10.64 in the 100. A really good get for us adding him to Chuba who has the physical measurables.

Last edited:
Seemingly a perfect type of recruit for us. Massive programs like Georgia, Texas A&M, Utah and Purdue offered him early, but his short stature likely cooled their interest and he fell to us. Their loss is our gain.

Dude ran a 10.64 100M with several other times under 10.8. That's blazing for a QB. Very interesting kid to follow.
Works for me. How's his arm? A little Senior year growth spurt would be good. I grew a couple of inches and put on weight my Senior year. The co-eds will like him. Mateer can hand them off after he goes through them.......

The other offer might have dried up if those programs got others. The only knock on him is his height and size. Seems to have the arm talent and he can definitely run at 10.64 in the 100. A really good get for us adding him to Chuba who has the physical measurables.

He may run 10.64 on the track. It doesn’t show up on the football field at all. And at 165lbs, he is the last guy you want running the ball and being tackled.

Big arm and a solid qb. He throws it all over the yard on his highlight films. The scheme he is in doesn’t use his legs to run the ball. He is def a throw first kid. With 10.64 100m speed he should be crucifying teams on the edges… anything sprint it should be a nightmare to defend… it isn’t.

If it doesn’t work at QB, turn him into a slot receiver with that speed. It’s been done before, guys that can run and played QB usually have a better understanding of defenses and how to get open. Sounds like he has solid QB skills though.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
He may run 10.64 on the track. It doesn’t show up on the football field at all. And at 165lbs, he is the last guy you want running the ball and being tackled.

Big arm and a solid qb. He throws it all over the yard on his highlight films. The scheme he is in doesn’t use his legs to run the ball. He is def a throw first kid. With 10.64 100m speed he should be crucifying teams on the edges… anything sprint it should be a nightmare to defend… it isn’t.

Seems like your time away hasn't cheered you up any ;)

Glad your back and thanks for the scouting report

What's your thoughts on the (likely) new AD?

If it doesn’t work at QB, turn him into a slot receiver with that speed. It’s been done before, guys that can run and played QB usually have a better understanding of defenses and how to get open. Sounds like he has solid QB skills though.

Didn't Lincoln Victor play some QB in high school?

I feel like that's the key piece at this point. Then is he really 5'11 & 1/2"? Is he a couple inches shorter? He's not starting any time soon, but 165 lbs is concerning. Gesser was listed at 6'1" and 200 lbs his senior year. Pizzella is a long way from that.

I feel like that's the key piece at this point. Then is he really 5'11 & 1/2"? Is he a couple inches shorter? He's not starting any time soon, but 165 lbs is concerning. Gesser was listed at 6'1" and 200 lbs his senior year. Pizzella is a long way from that.
Kellen Moore was listed at 6'0" and 176 pounds when he finished high school. And the tradition back then was to round everything up. I think this kid is essentially the same size, and his film clip is pretty reminiscent of how Moore played back then.

Reactions: Coug90

He can’t take any hits. He won’t last at 165lbs. He throws the ball all over. His legs are useless until he adds the weight necessary to not take a hit and land 6 rows into the stadium.

Kellen Moore was listed at 6'0" and 176 pounds when he finished high school. And the tradition back then was to round everything up. I think this kid is essentially the same size, and his film clip is pretty reminiscent of how Moore played back then.
Moore is who I thought immediately when it was looking like Pizzella could commit. Moore's combine measurements were 6'0" 197. Gesser always seemed "smaller" than Moore to me. Not sure why.
He can’t take any hits. He won’t last at 165lbs. He throws the ball all over. His legs are useless until he adds the weight necessary to not take a hit and land 6 rows into the stadium.
Maybe his weight has fluctuated due to track? If he can get into the 175-180 range incoming that cr8zyncalfi notes w/ Moore, that's a decent starting point with a couple years to get into the 200 pound range. At that point he's probably no longer a 10.64 100 guy, but can survive a college hit.

EDIT: He doesn't look "tiny" in this photo (at least arms & neck), although not a lot of "cushion" to absorb hits.

l0yl9qxpdoncfjhykmgx

Last edited:
Moore is who I thought immediately when it was looking like Pizzella could commit. Moore's combine measurements were 6'0" 197. Gesser always seemed "smaller" than Moore to me. Not sure why.

Maybe his weight has fluctuated due to track? If he can get into the 175-180 range incoming that cr8zyncalfi notes w/ Moore, that's a decent starting point with a couple years to get into the 200 pound range. At that point he's probably no longer a 10.64 100 guy, but can survive a college hit.

EDIT: He doesn't look "tiny" in this photo (at least arms & neck), although not a lot of "cushion" to absorb hits.

l0yl9qxpdoncfjhykmgx

His weight wouldnt flex that much for track. He is just skinny.

His weight wouldnt flex that much for track. He is just skinny.
Meh. His arms look pretty good for a kid just out of his Junior year in HS. I was 5'10", 150-155 lbs entering my senior year in HS, gained probably 20 pounds and 2 inches in the next two years without ever seeing a weightroom. Of course I drank a shit ton of beer during that time. That PBR and Old Milwaukie will add the weight.

Meh. His arms look pretty good for a kid just out of his Junior year in HS. I was 5'10", 150-155 lbs entering my senior year in HS, gained probably 20 pounds and 2 inches in the next two years without ever seeing a weightroom. Of course I drank a shit ton of beer during that time. That PBR and Old Milwaukie will add the weight.
Yes, along with Schlitz, Lucky & Ranier. Coors was even better back then when you could get it. Served cold to the point that it crystalized when you popped the top... Sigh... That is one reason we were rooting for Smokey & the Bandit...

He’d last longer at 165 than you’d last at 350

Some of you are acting like he's going to be on the field next year. Barring a disaster, the earliest that this kid is seeing the field is 2026 and realistically, it could be 2027. The kid is a year away from graduating. He could easily be 6' and 200 lbs when he actually sees the field. For what it's worth, he's got the following guys ahead of him on the depth chart:

Jr: John Mateer (#124 QB)
So: Jaxon Potter (#48 QB)
Fr: Evans Chuba (#79 QB

Even if one of those guys leave, it's going to be a while before this kid should be on the field so it doesn't matter if he can take a hit right now. As a side note though, Avery Johnson, KSU's QB this year, is a skinny 6'2, 188 lb kid who weighed 175 lbs when he was recruited. He was a rail thin and too skinny to "take a hit" but he excelled last year as a true freshman in a part time role with one of his key roles running the Wildcat for KSU. He had 52 rushes for 296 yards as a true freshman QB weighing less than 180 lbs. A lean guy who knows how to take a hit is better off than a 215 lb QB whose head bounces off the turf every time he gets tackled. I have no idea if the kid is any good and his offer chart looks very suspicious to me, but only time will tell what kind of QB he is. Definitely no point in worrying if his current weight matters.

Some of you are acting like he's going to be on the field next year. Barring a disaster, the earliest that this kid is seeing the field is 2026 and realistically, it could be 2027. The kid is a year away from graduating. He could easily be 6' and 200 lbs when he actually sees the field. For what it's worth, he's got the following guys ahead of him on the depth chart:

Jr: John Mateer (#124 QB)
So: Jaxon Potter (#48 QB)
Fr: Evans Chuba (#79 QB

Even if one of those guys leave, it's going to be a while before this kid should be on the field so it doesn't matter if he can take a hit right now. As a side note though, Avery Johnson, KSU's QB this year, is a skinny 6'2, 188 lb kid who weighed 175 lbs when he was recruited. He was a rail thin and too skinny to "take a hit" but he excelled last year as a true freshman in a part time role with one of his key roles running the Wildcat for KSU. He had 52 rushes for 296 yards as a true freshman QB weighing less than 180 lbs. A lean guy who knows how to take a hit is better off than a 215 lb QB whose head bounces off the turf every time he gets tackled. I have no idea if the kid is any good and his offer chart looks very suspicious to me, but only time will tell what kind of QB he is. Definitely no point in worrying if his current weight matters.
What's even more amusing to me is that people are acting like he's actually coming to WSU. A commitment in June means absolutely nothing. It never has, and in the portal/NLI world it means even less. A verbal to WSU just slows the pace of calls from lesser schools, and makes any P4 schools that are interested think that they need to up their offer. Plus, he's got his senior season, and if he has a good one he can easily re-open his recruitment and sign with someone else in December (not that signing an LOI really means anything anymore either). There's never been any reason to get excited about verbal commits, but people do it every year and then are all surprised and butt hurt when the kid goes somewhere else.

His commitment doesn't mean anything until he puts a jersey. And then, it only means something until the transfer window opens.

As for lightweight QBs, we've had our own. Connor Halliday was basically a stick figure when he was recruited. Had a season-ending liver laceration in his 2nd game, and had a leg snap like a twig to end another season. He started for one full season, split time with Tuel for another, and had his other two ended by injuries - so 2 season-enders in ~3 seasons?

Reactions: PeteTheChop
As for lightweight QBs, we've had our own. Connor Halliday was basically a stick figure when he was recruited. Had a season-ending liver laceration in his 2nd game, and had a leg snap like a twig to end another season. He started for one full season, split time with Tuel for another, and had his other two ended by injuries - so 2 season-enders in ~3 seasons?

Yeah, Ol' Connor played through some pain alright.

Another in a long line of blue-collar, hard-nosed Spokane Cougs

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
Yeah, Ol' Connor played through some pain alright.

Another in a long line of blue-collar, hard-nosed Spokane Cougs
Yeah, I’m not giving Halliday the “blue-collar, hard-nosed” label. Too many sideline temper tantrums. Too little ability to shake off mistakes. He didn’t have it between the ears, and even he has said as much.

Yeah, I’m not giving Halliday the “blue-collar, hard-nosed” label. Too many sideline temper tantrums. Too little ability to shake off mistakes. He didn’t have it between the ears, and even he has said as much.
Holliday was tough as nails... but he was a serious headcase. Kid would have gotten his ass kicked in a blue collar town for that behavior.

Holliday was tough as nails... but he was a serious headcase. Kid would have gotten his ass kicked in a blue collar town for that behavior.
Definitely was physically tough. I can't imagine going out and slinging it with your liver basically torn in half. I'll never understand how he did that (or how the coaching staff couldn't see there was something seriously wrong).

As far as maturity and mental toughness...no.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT