ADVERTISEMENT

***COLORADO @ WSU GAME THREAD***

chipdouglas

Hall Of Fame
Mar 16, 2005
Don't worry - the game hasn't started yet. I'm just getting it started in case I fall asleep sometime between now and what is essentially an 11 PM start here on the east coast.

Man it sucks to be a fan of a team nobody cares about... yet. Hoping for some decent time slots in the next few years.

Reactions: earldacoug
I am on the west coast and can't stand the late 7:45pm start. I took a nap this afternoon to make sure I could stay awake for the whole game. And yes I am getting soft in my old age.

I feel you chip. Also in EST and I'm already yawning... Hopefully we take care of business early so I can fall asleep on the couch by midnight.

Listening to the radio and Sorenson is out at center. Sam Flor will start. His first start since last season. That makes it from LT to RT: Dillard, Eklund, Flor, Middleton and Madison.

I'm OK with us not bringing the ball out on KOs. If you think of the 25 yard line as the baseline, and anything ahead of it is in the plus column and anything behind in the minus column, I think we're about -150 yards this year.

Also, good start - a 1st down on the first play from scrimmage, and getting the run game going early. 3rd down and short.

That fat guy P12 sideline ref seems to have been in the game for some time. I remember seeing him when I was in college. Unless the P12 just has a Rolodex of morbidly obese fellas they can call up.

I do not understand the punting game. We worked it up to midfield and Charme kicks out a 30-yard punt to basically make it a touchback?

P12 refs with a HORSE-S*** penalty to kick off the game. Roughing the QB a half-a-second after release?

I do not understand the punting game. We worked it up to midfield and Charme kicks out a 30-yard punt to basically make it a touchback?

P12 refs with a HORSE-S*** penalty to kick off the game. Roughing the QB a half-a-second after release?

I thought it was a bad call as well. Still, where were those calls last game against UCLA when they were letting them punish Falk?

Already burned 2 TOs and we haven't even played 5 minutes. Hope this doesn't come back to bite us.

Apsay is looking really poised. We've showed pressure a couple times and he stood in and delivered. Hoping the high success rate is the result of the scripted drive rather than something we see all night.

In any event, offense needs to make the most of its possessions. Colorado likely sees this as one of its most winnable games.

Good stop by the D - 4th and 5. Like what I see so far.

Very early but the run game is looking GREAT so far. Love that we're calling those. Colorado doesn't know what to do; they're not expecting us to run.

Very early but the run game is looking GREAT so far. Love that we're calling those. Colorado doesn't know what to do; they're not expecting us to run.

It is all about how many lineman CU have up front. They have had three on the LOS on most of those running plays.

Line stunt for CU in the A gap. Not having Sorenson may have hurt there.

I thought the same thing Chip. Replay showed as much
I tend to overstate how bad the refs are but in the P12 I'm right 70-80% of the time. I mean at this point it's not even alarming; it's just about doing damage control. Bad spots, bad calls, no calls... in the P12, more than anywhere else, you must leave no doubt.

I know that was a blitz but I'm a little alarmed at how quickly they got to Luke.

PI flag though. 1st and goal on the 1. We got this.

Yep. Harrington for the TD
Looks like there are 2 people in this thread. I'm in NY and it's 11:30. What's everyone else's excuse?

What a difference of kickoffs. The first one we stop them around their 10; then a 5-yard penalty, and the next one they get it on the 40, and kick off the drive with a 20 yard pass.

It's early but it seems clear that Apsay is the better QB (between he and Liufau). Good DB play so far - a handful of sure catches broken up by our secondary.

Looks like there are 2 people in this thread. I'm in NY and it's 11:30. What's everyone else's excuse?

What a difference of kickoffs. The first one we stop them around their 10; then a 5-yard penalty, and the next one they get it on the 40, and kick off the drive with a 20 yard pass.

Defense steps up, especially Molten to jar the ball lose on a possible reception. Great punt by CU downing the ball at the 4. Can the Cougs have another long, long drive?

We'll see. One thing that there is not much on Apsay is there is little tape on him. So, you have to play defense straight up more than normal. Defenses will adjust to him and we will see if he can adjust himself.

Man this team is fun to watch.

One underappreciated thing is how well our receivers and RBs have hung onto the ball. We have done a really good job NOT coughing it up. I think that's been worth a game or two this year.

All right, credit where it's due... Marks goes out of bounds 2 yards shy and the ref gives us an unearned first down.

Touchdown Cougars!!

14-0 coming up. Nerves are starting to subside. This is about to get even more fun.

What a break on the fumble for CU. Then, they make a big play

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT