ADVERTISEMENT

Cool Hand Luke

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
Hello WSU Athletic Department. I know you read this board. Let's get it going for this year and next. Cool Hand Luke. If Luke had not been hurt on the Portland State drive, we would have scored and won in OT. Cool hand Luke.

Beat Rutgers with 13 seconds left. Tied Oregon with 1 second left, then won in OT. Beat AZ with a long killer drive. Cool Hand Luke.

The nick-name is already starting to stick as it has been mentioned by TV announcers and the Seattle press.

Hello WSU Athletic Department. I know you read this board. Let's get it going for this year and next. Cool Hand Luke. If Luke had not been hurt on the Portland State drive, we would have scored and won in OT. Cool hand Luke.

Beat Rutgers with 13 seconds left. Tied Oregon with 1 second left, then won in OT. Beat AZ with a long killer drive. Cool Hand Luke.

I'm fine with nicknames if they come naturally. I'm not a fan of nicknames just for the sake of nicknames. The thing about "Cool Hand Luke" is that he has been very good under pressure and probably has more last minute drives that won or tied games than any QB in our history. It makes sense. "Skywalker" feels forced and artificial regardless of the timing of the new movie.

I saw a thread somewhere asking about a nickname for Gabe Marks. If there isn't one that happens on its own, creating one to be clever just seems to be a waste of time. Of course, I'm old and probably just don't get it. Anyway, get off my damned lawn!

You know the "Falk the Huskies" tee-shirts are coming. :cool:

That's good but What about keeping the spirit of the Spruce Tavern alive and go with "Halk the Fuskies" on yellow tumblers. Then we fill them with cheap beer and eat a bunch of oysters we don't really need.

I'm fine with nicknames if they come naturally. I'm not a fan of nicknames just for the sake of nicknames. The thing about "Cool Hand Luke" is that he has been very good under pressure and probably has more last minute drives that won or tied games than any QB in our history. It makes sense. "Skywalker" feels forced and artificial regardless of the timing of the new movie.

I saw a thread somewhere asking about a nickname for Gabe Marks. If there isn't one that happens on its own, creating one to be clever just seems to be a waste of time. Of course, I'm old and probably just don't get it. Anyway, get off my damned lawn!

How about a poster of him with big white wings and we start calling him Gabriel like the archangel.

Gabe Marks, Professional Vacuum Cleaner (Dyson).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT