ADVERTISEMENT

Coug women collapsing again

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
Jumped out to a 17-4 lead over UW. It's been huskies 34-16 since (mutts lead at half 38-33).

That was some halftime speech I gave: WSU 83 UW 72

Thanks to June D for inviting me into the locker room. Four straight now over the mutt women.

Re: That was some halftime speech I gave: WSU 83 UW 72

Congrats to the Coug women! Nice win over a good UW team! Thanks Yaki for the motivational speech :)

Go Cougs!!!

Re: That was some halftime speech I gave: WSU 83 UW 72

Originally posted by California Coug:
Congrats to the Coug women! Nice win over a good UW team! Thanks Yaki for the motivational speech :)

Go Cougs!!!
At one point in the second half, WSU had a 40-16 advantage. Down 81-63, the mutts added a bunch of garbage points at the end to make it look close.

This post was edited on 2/20 9:33 PM by YakiCoug

Nice job Yaki

Originally posted by YakiCoug:
Thanks to June D for inviting me into the locker room. Four straight now over the mutt women.
As in a previous mens BB post, I have not been watching records, and had no idea we wre 4 straight against the mutts on the womens end. Did you punch out June's wife or what?
happy.r191677.gif

That was not the WSU women's basketball team out there. Tia and Lia accounted for less than 50% of our shots, and they led the team in assists! Team involvment? What the hell is that?

Re: Nice job Yaki

How many times did UW beat us in a row....40? Anyway, we have a long way to go to even that series.

Re: Nice job Yaki

Originally posted by How_did_this_happen?:
How many times did UW beat us in a row....40? Anyway, we have a long way to go to even that series

Actually, it'll be four in a row if we beat them Sunday.
This post was edited on 2/21 11:31 AM by YakiCoug

Re: UW is a good matchup for WSU

I DVRd the game and watched this morning. Their strength is Davis/Plum and our strength is Galdeira/Presley. They don't have a dominant inside player in terms of length and size allowing Cooks to become much more of a scoring threat. Cooks/Brown have enough size and ability to rebound with the UW. I feel even without Dheensaw we are better than the UW. It isn't an upset but right now they are in the Tournament and we are on the outside looking in.

Have to have Sunday and a season sweep of the UW and win out the season. Quality road win this late in the season.

Re: UW is a good matchup for WSU

Turned around, came back to Pullman and got waxed at home by 40 points. Lost 83-43. When you shoot 23.7% you're probably going to lose. The ladies had more FGA, FTA and ORB....just a horrible shooting game.

Still are 15-12 right now with 2 winnable home games against the LA schools. A sweep would put us in 6th place going into the league tourney. By all rights another uptick in the growth of the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT