ADVERTISEMENT

Coug Women will sign 7

7ICoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 30, 2003
The 7th and final piece will sign. A 6-5 Post player from Romania. I believe that makes the Cougar Women at full strength for the first time in a long time.

Bianca Blanaru from Romania is the 7th signee. That is 4 women from off-shore and 3 from the U.S. Contains 2 post players Bianaca and Nike.

Great class which should be well into the top 20 Nationally by June.

This is Daugherty's best class on paper especially if Blanaru can come in and play. With Dheensaw finishing up next season they really needed another post player and it sounds like Blanaru was a coveted player. Very balanced and talented class.

This is a very strong class for June and staff. Bianca is just want they needed and icing on the cake. Expect Lou Brown, Bianca, and Bolston to compete right away for PT next year.

The big miss was losing out to Nebraska on Chandler Smith from Brewster and losing out on Australian guard Kristy Wallace, who just the other day signed with Baylor. WSU was in the final 3/4 for Kristy who is an absolute STUD. Can't really blame her for choosing Baylor as they are a top 5 women's program. She could have been a program changer at WSU. Her highlights seriously blow me away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGyeYsrCDCg

Originally posted by jgro2004:

This is a very strong class for June and staff. Bianca is just want they needed and icing on the cake. Expect Lou Brown, Bianca, and Bolston to compete right away for PT next year.
lou-brown.png

I gotta guy on the other line about some white walls.

Adding Blanaru is crucial. Losses to BYU, OSU (multiple), Utah were primarily due lack of post play beyond Dheensaw to. Those games cost them the Tournament. Now they have at minimum depth behind Dheensaw/Cooks in Blanaru, McClure and Brown with perhaps Bolston sliding to the 4 at times as well.

That's too bad on Wallace but I am hoping Pavlopoulou and Hailey can provide backcourt depth as well along with Bolston on the wing. Galdeira's injuries/wearing down hurt as well.

Brown will be a wing player or play athe number 4 slot.She has great court awareness and can pass the ball well

Brown will almost definitely play the 4 position. Her best ability is rebounding, which is something we missed last year when Romberg was playing the 4. She was more of a face-up 4. The departure of Sage is precisely why I think Brown has a chance to come in and start or play major minutes right away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT