ADVERTISEMENT

COUGS beat Huskies in BB AC 79-74

Our best hope is that Flynn is the real deal and that he will continue to develop. If he can double double or come close from the point, and Clifford can stay out of foul trouble, we have the resources to be competitive. A fair shot at ending up in the top half of the league. But it will require Flynn to play above his years and Clifford to continue to show progress against PAC level competition.

I don't think we have any chance of finishing in the top half of the league. UW is a terrible team, so let's not get carried away about this win.

It's taken Ernie a while, but I think he's finally figuring out that his uptempo style doesn't work with our roster. Our team functions best with set offensive pieces run through Clifford and Hawkinson.

I was glad to see the team beat the mutts and it gives me hope that we might win up to 5 conference games this season since OSU, Stanford and ASU are pretty bad basketball teams as well. Ernie has a lot of young guys redshirting on the sidelines this season and is building to the future. Whether that is meaningful is to be determined.

Once Ernie started playing his own guys, the team's record became quite Wulffian in nature. If 2-7 in conference games in year four of Wulff's tenure was unacceptable, you have to wonder why 4-14 in year four of Ernie Kent's tenure would be ok. I hope the guys that are sitting this year help us make a big leap soon, because you can tell that nobody cares about WSU basketball right now.

Yay on the victory. But I have to gripe about the title of this thread. There is no such thing as the "BB Apple Cup". The Apple Cup is a trophy given out to the winner of the football game of the same name. PERIOD.

You do not hear about the BB "Iron Bowl" or the BB "Little Brown Jug" or any other college FB.. rivalry things (axes, etc).

So there. Happy Monday. :mad:

Yay on the victory. But I have to gripe about the title of this thread. There is no such thing as the "BB Apple Cup". The Apple Cup is a trophy given out to the winner of the football game of the same name. PERIOD.

You do not hear about the BB "Iron Bowl" or the BB "Little Brown Jug" or any other college FB.. rivalry things (axes, etc).

So there. Happy Monday. :mad:

At least the sarcasm gave your hair a dry after that cold shower, right? Yes, the announcers Udub this game the AC only when they're sure the mutts will win or have won it.

Loyal, you are correct, strictly speaking.

However, back in the '70's when I was on campus we referred to this pair of games as the Hoops Apple Cup. And it had been known as thus for quite a lot longer than that; we did not invent the term.

To put it in other terms, it has been the BB AC for a lot longer than Coors has been sold in Pullman….

Reactions: M-I-Coug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT